It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2005, 07:51 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

wishn HB User
How are you everyone? Missed u!

Hi everyone,
It's been awhile! My laptop has been down and I have little time at work to jump on the internet. As many of you know I had been working with a very mean psycho boss for a year and 1/2 up until Feb. I now have a very good job and best of all...it's normal. Thank goodness. My son is now engaged and will marry next summer All is well. By the way, I haven't exercised in 3 years and joined " " two weeks ago. I love it because it is only 30 minutes and so much fun and easy to do. I have not found anything that was not difficult or made me want to keep coming back. You meet a lot of nice women also. I also joined thier weight management class for 7 weeks. Gained this weight, 20 lbs after coming down with fibromyalgia 3 years ago. Hope I can stick with it and drop weight.

I've missed you guys a lot and so happy to be able to get back on. It's like being away from family tooooooo long.

Hugs to all of youXOXOXOXOXOXOXO Annie

Old 09-25-2005, 05:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
Re: How are you everyone? Missed u!

Hi Annie, welcome back.
So glad to hear to hear everything is going so well for you. My Dr. wants me to either go into PT or join a gym that the local hospital owns to work my upper back and chest muscles, I am reluctant to try it as I am afraid of more pain. Do you feel the gym is helping your pain?

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2005, 08:38 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User

Hi Annie,
I remember you and your problem job. I used to have a job like that and even had a nightmare last night about it, and that was back in 93 - 96. I am SO glad that you got a better job and are feeling good too. I hope that you let us know how you are doing with " " on the inspiration thread.
Donna

Old 09-25-2005, 09:05 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

wishn HB User

Hi to both of you and thank you for thinking of me! PA, it is so difficult getting past the thoughts of difficult/nightmare jobs....but to both of you...this " " workout program is so far, so good. It's only been a few times going, but the more I meet other women, the better I am feeling for that alone. They are very nice and supportive because we are all in there for the same reason. I am however curious about meeting someone who is experiencing fibro as I and see how this is working for them. I will figure out how to post on "inspiration" and do so.

Thanks again...you both are sweethearts. I knew there was a definate reason to getting back on here. I just love you all!!!

Annie XOXOXOXOOXOX

Old 09-25-2005, 10:36 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Wishn so glad to hear from you again! That is wonderful about your new job, I do remember when you finally quit the other one so glad the new one is working out.

I belong to a womens 30min workout that is independently owned, has the same circuit concept as " " . Since the one I belong to is independently owned, she (the owner) can do what she wants and boy she has done a wonderful job. We have a studio with aerobic classes and a massage therapist comes in if you want to schedule a massage, just lots of wonderful things and the women you meet there are great. So I think what you are doing for yourself is wonderful. I'm sure you will meet others there with fibro, I have met a few at my place. We even have the PACE (people with arthritis can exercise) classes and you meet lots of women who are just trying to keep it movin there.

Glad you are back.

Glojer

Old 09-25-2005, 07:07 PM   #6
(female)

April414 HB User

Hi. I'm pretty new here. Unfortunately not new to pain. I'm sorry to hear that you have a bad boss. and fibro on top of it.
Saw hwere you said have been exercising. I've been told that it can actually help with the pain. Does it really? What types of exercise help? I get sooo tired of taking pain pils and would love to find another way to feel better.
I was diagnosed almost a year ago and was hurting really bad for about 2 1/2 3 years before that. I can't say if it was 2 1/2 or 3 years. Seems I've been hurting practically forever, except I can remember things I uesd to do that I enjoyed and didn't hurt. I've had arthritis since I was around 6 years old, thankfully it only flared up when my Crohn's/Colitis did so I was able to dance and do gymnastics some of the time. Then because of all the prednisone I stayed on because of the Crohn's/Colitis I have osteoarthritis and did have osteoporsis, it is now better, osteopena. Oh, the reason I say Crohn's/Colitis is cause my gut drs. said Crohn's and so do all the other drs. I have now, while the pathologists said Colitis and since have colon taken out in 1983 haven't had any more intestinal problems.
Ok, that pretty much tells you all about my health plus or minus a few things.
Glad to meet you all.

Old 09-25-2005, 09:30 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

wishn HB User

Hi Glojer & April,
Thanks you both for responding. It's so heartwarming to hear people who remember me and are so kind and I really, really appreciate it Not sure when the exercising will start helping...haven't been there enough yet to notice a difference. Last week every other day and this week I'd like to get there more often. I do notice as I am doing it it is taking away a lot of my stiffness. I have joined different gyms over the years and even before the fibro, I either don't stick with it or didn't really enjoy working on one piece of equipment for a long period of time and there were not people there (who worked there) that walked over and told you what you were not doing correct or simply good support. Also spending 30 seconds on each piece of equipment and in between each piece being able to stretch or dance or whatever you like to keep moving....it's definately the way to go for me with the amount of pain I am experiencing. Pain medicine? I have been on ultram for almost 4 years and I would really like to get away from it. The sleep issues? Terrible and little to none. I started trazodone mos. ago and it does knock me out for about 4 hours. Hence, I hope the exercise will start to help. I have gained soooooo much extra weight in 5 mos, 20 lbs. Not good and very frustrating.

Take care everyone XOXOXOXOXOX

Annie

Old 09-26-2005, 07:46 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Wishn, the exercise should help some with the sleep. I know what you mean, I love the 30min concept, cause you keep movin and there is always someone to talk to and the trainers who work there come over and talk and move along with you getting their exercise sometimes. It's great, and April it does help with the pain but be sure to start slow and don't overdo, remember you need to stretch and just get those muscles moving a LITTLE BIT at first. When you see you have built up a tolerance then you can move on to bigger and better workouts.

Old 09-26-2005, 09:39 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

welcome home annie.
i am delighted you have a better job and your computer is working again. you were missed. exercise is so vital to pain relief for us. i am pleased you are going proactive with your body! you will not regret it.
little sister, i missed you.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 09-26-2005, 09:42 AM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

welcome april 414! you will find good friends here. strong shoulders, loving arms, gentle understanding and sweet stories to blend into the sad ones.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 09-29-2005, 07:52 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

wishn HB User

Thanks BLB! I missed your wonderful post and your compassion and caring for everyone.

Hugs Annie

Old 09-30-2005, 05:45 AM   #12
Facilitator
(female)

hi annie,
i will be gone for a bit from here so i am especially happy to hear from you. i will be back online in about a month, maybe less if i am very smart and can figure out my new computer when i get home, giggle!
carry the smile within your heart upon your face, that the world may share your joy.
peace,
bluelakelady

Closed Thread