It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2005, 10:04 AM   #1
(female)

Pyramid56 HB User
Fainted for the first time!

Well it just gets better and better doesn't it?! I was in my normal morning meeting when all of a sudden I started to get hot and then my stomach started to feel very uneasy. Thought I was going to puke right there. I quick got up out of my seat, stumbled to the bathroom and the black spots started to appear.
I got all the way to the stall, went to turn around and close the door and bam the lights went out. I fell, cracked my head a few times on the walls and bruised my shoulder. Woke up and found myself on the floor. Wasn't out for very long because the meeting was still going on. I got up and the sweat was just pouring off my face.
I stumbled to a coworkers office, closed the door and sat on her floor and told her to call my mother. She called my doctor and she said to quick take me to the ER, so that's what we did. Had a catscan, EKG and of course more blood work. And of course as usual, everything came back fine. But boy was that scary.
Does anyone know if this is something that will happen on a regular basis, or was something just off? But the good news is, after 10 mos I've finally been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia!

Old 09-27-2005, 02:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
Re: Fainted for the first time!

I am glad you are okay and your tests were fine. I have seen posts where people said they passed out from FM, but do not know anyone who has. I get that real quick dizzness where you think you are going out.

Hope it never happens again.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2005, 07:11 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Fainted for the first time!

next time, if there is one, you lay down on the floor flat, no matter where you are. i have done it in fine department stores and grocery stores. it beats fainting. i have dealt with this from the beginning more than 10 years ago.
as you discovered trying to run and hide it from others will only get you hurt. people are much kinder than we realize.
such a bizarre illness this is.
peace,
bluelakelady

Closed Thread