It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2005, 02:41 PM   #1

misskiki HB User
kentucky dr needed

hi im new on here and i was diagnosed w/ fibro 2 yrs ago. i went thru terrible times w/ dr's thinking i was crazy or drug seeking but when your in your late 20's and u cant walk or function at all theres a problem as so many of you know finally i found a dr he diagnosed the firbro and sent me to a pain management dr. ive been on opiate therapy ever since (mscontin extended relief & msir for breakthru pain) being on the opiate therapy has given me my life back im able to walk play with my kids and work with a tolerable pain level. ***** problem is i want to move to kentucky and i have called so many dr's (20+) who are pain management dr's non of them treat w/ opiates most dont treat fibro and non take self pay patients can someone help this is terrible i feel like i did 2 years ago and its holding me up on my move. my current dr doesnt seem to willing to give me any names of dr's out there but will refer me ?? i need help any suggestions

Old 09-27-2005, 04:41 PM   #2
(female)

HUBBYLUVSME HB User
Re: kentucky dr needed

Welcome Aboard Misskiki. Being In Fl Makes It A Little Hard To Suggest A Doc But Try Your Search Engine. Punch In Doctor, Ky And See What It Says And Go Form There. Most Doc Searches Do Have Specialites You Can Type In For A More Exsensive Search. Use The Internet To The Fullest. It Will Take Time Be Be Patient. You'll Find One At Least You,ve Found Something That Works. Not Great But Works Matt

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2005, 06:03 PM   #3
(female)

MandyPandy HB User

what part of KY? I live in Cincinnati and go to a pain management dr. in Northern KY.

Old 10-04-2005, 08:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Welcome to the board Misskiki. Call one of the hospitals near where you will be living and ask for their physician referral and tell them you are looking for a doc who treats fibromyalgia and if possible a pain managment doc. Even if they give you the name of a gp or rhuemie that treats fibro, they can refer you to a pain management doc. Try to get the copies of your records from your current docs to take with you, that may help when you find a new doc.

Old 10-13-2005, 01:46 PM   #5
(female)

RaggedyPrim HB User

MissKiki! I live in Lexington, KY, and have the absolute BEST dr. in the world to treat your fibro.! Here is the info:

Stella Staley, MD
151 N Eagle Creek Dr # 410, Lexington, KY
(859) 263-0329

We've been going to her for years...she's an excellent, caring, dr. and so is all her staff. We consider her an expert in treating fibromyalgia! Good luck, and just post here if you need any other info about her...

Old 10-13-2005, 03:22 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

hangin HB User

Welcome Miskiki,

I have moved a lot so I know your frustration and fear. As Glojer said, take all your medical records and tests, it shows that you are serious about your care and you will have all the records about your meds also.

If your doctor is willing to refer you that could be a great thing. He obviuosly is a caring doc and was willing to help you. I would try and put a little trust in him and use his refferals. It also is going to look good with any doc you go to that your present doc is referring you to them. Shows you are not drug seeking since you have your records and your docs ok. I have had the luck of a doctor writing an introductory letter, I do not know if that is done anymore.

Keep us posted honey on how you are doing.

Peace and love, Hangin

Closed Thread