It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2005, 07:23 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
Throat spasms, anyone?

Every once in awhile I get what feels like a spasm in my throat. Yesterday I was doing a lot of cleaning and going through holiday decorations, lots of bending. Last night I stared with these spasms in my throat, about half way between my chin and and collar bone, they radiate up toward my ears. They do not last long but come and go, I am still having them this morning especally with head movement. my allergies are really bad, i have a lot of PND. just wondering if anyone else gets these. My throat feels a ittle irritated but no diffiulty swallowing. Sometimes feels like a lump in my throat, I can not feel lumps or anything. I do have TMJ also with the FM< MPS and COSTRO.

Thanks for any input. Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 10-03-2005, 10:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Throat spasms, anyone?

Sorry linda can't relate to spasms, but I get the lump in my throat and allergy symptoms. I hate that lump thing, especially if I have to lay on my back for tests or x-rays or Mri's. I eventually start feeling like I am going to choke to death. I have had the thyroid tests and all and the endo says I don't have anymore swelling or nodules so I think it must just be allergies.

Hope someone else can give you some input on this.

Glojer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2005, 03:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

HI,

Yes, I get esophageal spasms sometimes. Don't know if it's the same things you're getting, but they start in my throat around where yours do, radiate to my jaw, and feel like a heart attack, terrible pinching pain. Last maybe ten, twenty minutes, and I find that sitting down and taking deep breaths and drinking something hot helps a bit.
I hope yours leave you soon,

Peace,

Seaturtle

Old 10-03-2005, 05:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

You may have acid reflux and that is what causes the problem.

Old 10-04-2005, 07:39 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks for the replies.

I am thinking this from throat clearing, my PND is really bad. The pain is more like a zapping thing, feels more like an outside pain, not actually in the throat, it only last awhile but comes and goes. I may have strained those muscles wih the throat clearing or set up some trigger points.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis

Old 10-05-2005, 08:40 AM   #6
(female)

aaronon HB User

Hey pa,

I don't have the throat spasms per se....but, there are times when I swallow something and it doesn't go down, and then this awful pain takes over and I feel like somethin is stuck there in my throat and won't go down. It takes a while for it to go away. I've had difficulty swallowing for quite some time now. It's not consistent, it just happens whenever.

Gee, I wasn't much help! Sorry.

a

Old 10-05-2005, 10:17 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

I aso get that lump in my throat feeling, being allergies, tmj or whatever it all comes back to the fm. My allergies are far worse than they ever were, went through 8 years of allergy shots and got retested and had all the previous allergies plus more. Continued with shots for 3 more years and gave up on them.

I thank you for caring enough to reply, It is not always that we have the same exact thing that others have but it sure makes you feel good to know that the group cares enough to reply to your posts.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis

Closed Thread