It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2005, 02:40 AM   #1
(male)

brend HB Userbrend HB User
Help. I've crashed.

I need help. I have been out of action for ten days and getting worse. From a previous post of mine regarding a sudden illness for my wife who is never ill and how I amazed myself that I coped. Some of you warned me that I may crash after all of the stress and boy did I crash.
Every symptom I have ever had has hit me. Pain in joints and back and neck. Muzzy head and many more. I even had an asthma attack and I have only ever had one bout of asthma about three years ago. I have not used an inhaler for two years. All the little things are back as well, mouth ulcers, athletes foot. Oh I had better stop. I could get out the famous LIST and tick off most things. I am in work at the moment. Not functioning but I am physically here. This is causing me stress as I am not doing my job and I know this might sound odd but where I work is so disfunctional that nobody has even noticed that I am not working at any reasonable level. This in itself causes more stress and the circle continues.
I have not gone to the doc at this time as I know he will refer me to A&E as I have asthma and chest pain as a result. Once a doc hears chest pain it is hospital for check up. I could not cope with more useless tests to confirm what I already know. Yet I need help and dont know where to turn. The brain fog is so bad I am not even thinking straight or logically. It has taken me forever to send this post. I keep starting and giving up. I know that my friends on this board will have some understanding of what I am going through. Maybe I just need encouragement or TLC or I dont know what else.
Brain is closing down. Any help or adise as I am feeling so low.

Brend

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2005, 07:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
Re: Help. I've crashed.

Hi Brend,

Sounds like you are in a real flare, the only advice I can give is to rest, use moist heat and if you take meds use them. I for one cannot tolerate the meds.

Hope you are feeling better soon, we all know what the flares can do. Hang in there it will pass.

Hugs, LInda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 10-04-2005, 08:38 AM   #3
(male)

Thanks Linda.
It is 4.35 pm and a work colleague has just woken me up. She found me fast asleep at my desk. Now that's a first. My body is telling me to rest. I have decided to take a few days off work to get my system back working again.

Brend

Last edited by brend; 10-04-2005 at 08:39 AM.

Old 10-04-2005, 09:16 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Oh brend I am so sorry to hear how bad you have been feeling. Taking a few days off sounds like just the ticket you need. Your body is telling you to rest, and to eat a healthy diet and to take your meds and when you feel just a little better try to take a few short walks for just a little exercise. Since you are in such a flare and so overly tired, you probably aren't getting good sleep, even though you may be sleeping it isn't restoring you. Then having the asthma kick in is just taxing you that much more.

Rest my friend and relax and meditate and think warm wonderful thoughts. Picture your body filling up with energy as you relax and drift away.

Glojer

Old 10-04-2005, 11:54 AM   #5
(female)

movin slo HB User

Brend,
Wow, what a bummer!So go to your Dr. and tell him/her everything. Including not wanting to go into the hospital. Explain that 4/5 days off work and at home is what you really need.Make Dr. understand. Then turn your note in to office, go home take meds if you use them. If you don't have any perscribed meds. ask pharmacy to help you find something to help you relax and sleep.
Go home get a dark bath towel tack over window(s), go take a hot bath or shower,give the wife a kiss and hug and tell her you will be in bed until further notice. And go to bed. If possible play some soft music. and RELAX& SLEEP my friend. Please......do this before your body finds some new and more painful to let you know you need to back down,slow down and get off the merry-go-round.

Old 10-04-2005, 12:01 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User

Hi Brend,

It just goes to show we can try our best to take care of ourselves and steer clear of flares, but life happens and so we choose our battles. Rest. Shut down. I know when i am in a fog flare, the less noise and other stimuli the better. Stay away from carbs - comfort food. Don't try to organize or figure things out. Don't multi-task. Baby yourself. Remember its only temporary. Try to learn from it and plan for the next time. Enlist help of family and friends. I know exactly how you feel an hope that you're feeling better soon.

Old 10-05-2005, 02:25 AM   #7
(male)

Hi All and thanks for the support and advice. I really do value this as you know what i am going through. It has amazed me that I cannot think at any real level at the moment. I slept very badly last night. Feel really low today.
Glojer. You suggested meditation and I would normally use this in my daily life. For the past few days it never entered my brain that I should do this. Of course, it will help and why did I not think of it myself. (fibro fog, don't you just love it).
I am going to the doc today. Not that I think he can help but I need to see him to be signed off work.
Again thank you all.
Brend

Old 10-05-2005, 09:46 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

brend you are so welcome and when you have restored your body and mind, please let us know how you and your dear wife are doing.

I'm sending peaceful, restful warm thoughts to help you through this.

Glojer

Old 10-07-2005, 02:33 AM   #9
(male)

I went to my GP on Thursday and he sent me to the hospital. We had an argument over the hospital thing and I expalined to him that I was reluctant to see him as I knew he would refer me once he heard chest pain. He said I have no choice as he suspects I may have a clot. I went to hospital and I was kept in overnight. I have Pleuresy and a clot on my lung. What next?
This is not what I need when I am also fighting fibro flare. More illness and more meds. Antibiotics for the pleuresy and warferin for the clot. I have to take it easy, stay warm and if my symptoms change or get worse I have to return to hospital. My GP, in fairness has phoned me this morning and asked me to come in to see him latertoday to see if he can do anything to help me.
I am trying to stay calm and relax. Not easy with all this going on.

Brend

Old 10-07-2005, 05:05 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

Brend, hope you are feelig better soon. I am so glad you listened to your DR. No one wants to be in the hospital or take meds but sometimes you have no choice.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 10-07-2005, 08:51 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

brend, so glad you went to the doc catching a clot in the early stages is important. I know it was not pleasant, but you will be better for it and then you and your lovely wife can enjoy some good times together when you are both feeling better. Still here to send you healing energy.

Glojer

Closed Thread