It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2005, 06:10 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

hangin HB User
Glojer---Question??

Hello friend,

I have been meaning to ask you how your hubby is doing. If I remember correctly the last I heard was that he is well. Since I have been out of the loop for a while I might have missed something. I hope not and that all is well.

Peace and love, Hangin

Last edited by hangin; 10-05-2005 at 06:11 PM.

Old 10-06-2005, 09:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Glojer---Question??

Hangin, thank you so much for thinking of him and asking. He is doing well so far, and I say that with a very positive attitude. He goes every month for x-rays and the physical exam and blood work and every third month for CT-Scan. This is the CT-Scan month, and we are hoping it does not show anything in the abdominal lymphs. We feel so very blessed indeed and give thanks every day that all is well right now.

He does need to lose weight and I am working on that now (I also need to lose) it will help his blood pressure and cholesterol, which are both high. Will also put him in better shape if and that is IF he would ever need the chemo. My problem is my hubby thinks anything that is healthy and good for you must taste awful and he doesn't want any part of it. So I will slowly turn the dinner table and the pantry into a much healthier place. We went to the store yesterday and as he drifted to the cookie isle (cookies are his favorite, our children use to call him cookie monster) I was strong and said no and then he drifts into the bakery dept. and I sounded like the old shrew "you can't have any of that, let's go." I did allow some less fat and sugar ice cream, so we will see if he eats it since he knows it is less fat and sugar. I'm making book here folks and I say no!

Your kindness in remembering my hubby has made my day a little better already. My fibro can't decide what it wants to do, give me fits or lay low today.

How is your back doing? Are you still walking around like you have something perched on your head? That's what I use to do walk and try not to move any of my body, that looks so funny. Just be careful for a while until it heals completly.

Peace and pain free days to us all
Glojer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2005, 10:57 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

hangin HB User

Glojer,

Glad to hear that hubby is doing well. Life does throw us curves doesn't it? I know how it is to have tests done and with all your being think positive that all is fine. That is the best way, it is how I deal with my sweetie. He has monthly visits and tests. It is good and bad days with him, unfortunately, the bad days are more than the good lately. I say to him that we were definitely meant to be with each other since our understanding of how chronic illnesses can work on your life. I can tell you love your hubby, there is nothing stronger. You are also blessed to have each other. I keep you and hubby in my daily prayers for healing.

They say that married men live longer, I can see why. Getting them to eat healthy is difficult, especially if they grew up not knowing any difference. I started whipping my hubby into shape, mind wise, when we first got together. Fortunately, my mom was way a head of her time and we were brought up eating no sweets (maybe graham crackers )., no sodas, etc. Now he shops as I would, sometimes even more healthily. I always wonder how many woman are going through the same thing with their hubby and children at the market. When I think of that is makes me chuckle.

He lost 50 pounds last time he was in the hospital and has kept it off. Now it is my turn. It is hard with fibro as you know. The only tool I have right now is trying not to eat after dinner or not eating after a certain time.. Before I hurt my back I lost 10 pounds by doing this. I just say to myself, one thing at a time.

Sorry you are having a tough day. Do you have one day good and the next bad? Seems that this is how I work. I feel better, do something, can't sleep and then wham, fibro greats me again. I have been in a flare for over 2 months so it is a question of degrees. Lately I can not use my hands in the morning for about an hour they hurt so bad.

My back is not doing too well. I still can't sit in a chair for long. I haven't been able to get to therapy and have my back worked on and myofascial release (what a wonderful thing that is). Yes, I walk around like I have a book on my head, good for the posture I figure. The good thing that has come out of this is that I am more aware of my body and how I do not stand up straight and tall. Since I have the herniated discs in neck I have learned to keep my neck tall which in turn makes me pull everything up and stomach in. So, trying to look on the bright side, my posture is getting better.

I have a hair appointment today that I have cancelled for month, my hair is out of control. No matter what, I am going today, even if I have to stand. You know how it is to get your hair done, feels fabulous. So, that is my goal for today.

Take care and have a good day. Hope everyone is having a painfree or less pain today.

Peace and love, Hangin

Old 10-07-2005, 09:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Hangin I sure hope your hair appt. went ok. I know how bad it is to want something done with your hair and have the back thing going on. Good for you on the posture thing. I have always had very bad posture even though I am only 5'2" and in my younger days didn't weigh more than 90lbs. I was still slump shouldered an sway back. So now I have the large abdomen because I have never had to pull it in and have never stood up that straight. But I am always trying to improve.

Your mom did a wonderful thing for you, raising you to not eat sweets. My family was always big on desserts and of course I could eat anything and not gain an ounce and I love sugar. I am really addicted, but I do find that if I eat fruits and get the natural sugar it helps me to stay away from the bad stuff. My husbands mother always used real cream and butter and breaded and fried everything and of course potatoes and gravy and whole milk and sugar. When he was about 12 or 13 he went for a physical to play sports and the doc immediatly put him on a diet and meds because he was a candidate for a stroke at that early age. So you see what he thinks good eating is, good to him means it tastes good like mom use to make not that it is good for you!!

I am sorry to hear your hubby is not doing well, I'm sorry I can't remember what type of lupus he has. I know he battles with it and I am sure he is happy to have you in his corner.

Keep trying to be positive about your back, it takes a very long time to heal enough to say you are better and then it takes even longer to not think about your back everytime you make a move. Physical therapy and exercise was always the best for me, but my hubby never had luck with that. He finally had surgery and that helped for many years and then he had the shots and they helped for a few more years. You have to find what works for you and then keep up with it. Good luck on that.

With my fibro and flares, I seem to go for days and feel ok then suddenly one morning I wake up or sometimes it starts in late afternoon and I am in a flare. I barely have the energy to breath sometimes and I always wonder if it is fibro or lupus. Probably just a combo of the two. Yes I do think I overdo sometimes and that's what gets me in trouble. I have hired a lady to come and clean my house though, finally gave into that now I just have to get smart about the other things I do and not Overdo.

Hope your days get better and better hangin.

Glojer

Closed Thread