It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2005, 07:51 AM   #1
(male)

damz68 HB User
Does anyone know where FM is most common(state)?

What states have the highest incidense of CFIDS/FM? I dont think FM or CFIDS cases have to be reported to CDC, correct me if I am wrong. I have been trying to get this info on line and I am having no luck.

Derek

Last edited by damz68; 10-06-2005 at 07:52 AM.

Old 10-06-2005, 08:15 AM   #2
(female)

uncoordinated HB User
Re: Does anyone know where FM is most common(state)?

I would guess that it is highest in areas where the water if fluoridated. Fluoride, chloride, and Bromide (in flour) displace Iodine in the body. Therefore the body's iodine receptors are flooded with these substances and can't utilize the iodine. This affects the function of the thyroid gland and can lead to symptoms known as chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia. These substances also negitively affect the immune system.

Best wishes
Uncoordinated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2005, 08:38 AM   #3
(male)

damz68 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncoordinated

I would guess that it is highest in areas where the water if fluoridated. Fluoride, chloride, and Bromide (in flour) displace Iodine in the body. Therefore the body's iodine receptors are flooded with these substances and can't utilize the iodine. This affects the function of the thyroid gland and can lead to symptoms known as chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia. These substances also negitively affect the immune system.

Best wishes
Uncoordinated
Sounds good. If our government(CDC) is not keeping track of where the people live that are getting ill with CFIDS/FM then how will we ever know. If they cared enough to investigate they may find that what you said is true. I have heard from others that CFIDS/FM is highest in areas were lyme is common.

How can they look into any theory without making Drs report cases. And if they are, where is the information?

Old 10-06-2005, 10:03 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

I go on several boards, I have never seen a connection with states.

This is an interesting topic.

Hugs,Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 10-06-2005, 10:03 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Good questions!!!!

Old 10-06-2005, 05:29 PM   #6
(female)

ksp HB Userksp HB Userksp HB User

Ya know, maybe we should all post what state were from (state only for security purposes) then we can make our own tally. I'll start, I'm from Minnesota and It's darn cold here today! Hope you have a great night!

Keep warm,
KSP

Old 10-06-2005, 05:41 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Guess where I am from, Pa235.

You are right Pennsylvania. it is damp and chilly here.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis

Old 10-06-2005, 06:44 PM   #8
(female)

April414 HB User

I live in East Texas. Another maybe good question, what do you remember before you started hurting sooo bad? Infection, car wreck, what?

April

Old 10-06-2005, 07:25 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

April,

I worked as a nursing assitant in a convalescent home and was put in a head lock by a patient. Took two years and many, many tests before I was dxed with MPS and a year later with Fm. Plus I received a disc herniation in my neck and now have artritis there also.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis

Old 10-07-2005, 08:59 AM   #10
(female)

bilij HB User

Goodmorning folks, I'm from north Alabama, the foothills of Appalacian
mountains. We'er having a rainy day and I can feel it in every muscle
and joint of my body. My fibro starterd after an injury to my knee, followed
by an arthroscopy and a few minor repairs. The pain never left and began
to affect the rest of my body. The strange part of my experience, I was 70
years old at the time and had never been sick. I was still working as an RN and
very active. (Something happened to the pain receptors in my brain that mis-
interpretes signals. (This is what I believe) Until a cure is found, about all we can
do is treat the symptoms. Sorry this is so long, you know how old floks like to talk!
May we all be blessed with a good day.
Bilij

Old 10-07-2005, 09:08 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

I'm from the show me state, Missouri and know of 4 or 5 others that have contributed on this board from here.
Go Cardinals!! (hope we can say that!)

Old 10-07-2005, 11:00 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

hangin HB User

Good morning,

Great question, maybe we can learn something from this. I live in California.

Peace and love, Hangin

Old 10-08-2005, 05:49 AM   #13
(male)

damz68 HB User

Wow, this is good. It is a shame we dont have about 10.000 responses, then we might see a connection. I have continued my search for records on where CFIDS/FM patients live and have found nothing. Considering that thousands of people across our country are ill with CFIDS/FM and are not capable of working you would think there would be a full blown investigation. The government (CDC) could spend millions of dollors and get an answer or they could spend much more on disability and medicaid/medicare. I am still waiting for disability, after 29 months.

I have read book after book on the subject and nothing about it makes sence.
The only thing they know about FM is that a lot of people get it after an accident. The only thing known about CFIDS is people get it after a flu like illness. A lot of people are considered to have both. What about the millions of people who get sick or are in car accidents that dont get it. The good one is STRESS. I am sick because of the stress and the fact that I am a perfectionist. 3/4 of the country could easily fall in that catagory, why ar'nt they sick? The only thing that is a FACT is the high number of people who get sick with lyme(positive lyme, EM rash and works) that are treated for it and recover only to get ill with CFIDS/ FM years later after a accident, illness or some other stressor. I am not about to say that we all have lyme because I have been on IV antibiotics for 2 months and have not felt a thing. I choose this route because it made more sence.

Lyme is most common in the NE, from Pennsylvania north. The second highest rate is MN, WI. CA is close behind and all of the SE from TX north to MO all the way to VA. However, it has been found in every state but Montana and is exploding in Florida and TX. The thing that gets me is that people have been dealing with lyme forever and it was not even named till 1975.

Please dont think I am trying to sway any of you into thinking that what you have is lyme. There could be many things that cause are problembs. For me lyme makes sence because I have spent so much of my life outdoors and I got a positive on Babesia. I still consider myself to have CFIDS/FM and will untill I am completly recovered.

I live in SC
I have lived in NY, VA, TX, NC, MI and AZ.

Glojer, I am a lifelong Astros fan, hopefully we will be seeing you soon. Without Bagwell, Beltran and Kent it should be much easier for your Red Birds this year.

Old 10-08-2005, 12:27 PM   #14
(female)

Avrod6 HB User

I live in Calif. I was in a car accident last Sept. 04, ended up with 2 bulging discs in my lower back. I went to see regular dr. in November because I was so tired all the time and I felt like I couldn't even use a muscle in my body, horrid headaches, and my body aches from my head to my toes, my finges and toes always go numb. I don't understand why they aren't trying to find an answer and help us. All they want to do is give anti-depressants, so to me that means they think it is in our head. Well I for one will argue with anyone it is not in my head, I feel it EVERYDAY all over my body.
I hope everybody is hangin in there today, and if not just stay on line and enjoy this great company
Avord

Old 10-08-2005, 12:44 PM   #15
(female)

movin slo HB User
Wink Re: Does anyone know where FM is most common(state)?

Arvod,
I think some Dr.'s do think it is all in our heads. But those are the one's to walk away from. Depression is a part of fibro. I take anti-depression meds, because I like (mostly demand hehe) control. Fibro. as you know fights for all of your control. Fibro is different in all of us. most of us have several different disease. I have diabetes,cf,ra,sleepapnea,restless legs,frozen right shoulder, stagger like a drunk, fibro fog, memory lost, I get lost when I drive sometimes,the list can go on and on. Not all of it is fibro. most is. Point is you do what you feel is right for you body. But you must be willing to listen to trusted Dr. Sometimes we can't see the forest for the fibro.<G>
Best wishs and hang in there.

The Following User Says Thank You to movin slo For This Useful Post:
STARRBABE (02-04-2011)
Closed Thread