It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2005, 09:55 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
JenniferEvelyn how are you doing ?

Jenn maybe I missed something, but I couldn't find our group motivation thread. I was wondering how you are doing with the Tuesday weigh in. Also if you have noticed some improvement in your fibro since you are eating healthier. Hope you are not in a flare.

I can't remember are you doing exercises with this also, and if so have you noticed any difference in the fibro.

Glojer

Old 10-11-2005, 11:53 AM   #2
(female)

JenniferEvelynn HB User
Re: JenniferEvelyn how are you doing ?

Hey Glojer,
Our group motivation thread is here.... low on the list! It's great to hear from you. Thank you for asking about me. I'm hanging in there - not much weight loss, however. Seems it's much harder to lose weight for me lately. I am maintaining my weight, which is discouraging but better than gaining!

I've been walking for exercise....no aerobics or anything else. Right now I'm feeling kind of yucky. Maybe it's time for another flare...who knows!

How are things with you? How are you feeling?

God bless, Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2005, 02:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

Hi Jen,
Glad to see you post, I was also wondering where you were.

Sorry you are not improving and feeling yucky, join the crowd.

It is so damp here in Pa. i have the total body aches.

Hope to see you post more often, Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 10-12-2005, 07:32 AM   #4
(female)

JenniferEvelynn HB User

Hi pa,
Thanks for much for the kind words. Here in Connecticut we're being slammed with rain, along with the rest of the Northeast. This damp weather doesn't do much to help our FM! I'm achy, a bit more than usual, and feeling the usual symptoms. But, life is good! Glad to hear from you, also.
God bless, Jen

Old 10-12-2005, 08:10 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Good to hear from you Jenn. Yes maintaining is better than gaining, but I know how you feel it just gets a little sad when you try so hard and the weight just won't come off. Cheer up one of these days you are going to get on the scale and be so surprised cause it will all drop at once, at least that is what I am hoping for you.

Keep up the exercise it will help. The man that does my hair is in a national book for people who have lost weight and kept it off. He was in a weight loss study at Wash U. here in St. Louis and he says according to what they had him doing you have to exercise (that includes walking or swimming or anything really physical not just cleaning house etc.) 200minutes a week to lose weight and that is along with a good diet of course. He did 1800 calories a day and walking and it was amazing how all of a sudden I noticed he had lost weight. I see him about every 5wks. and didn't noticed anything until....suddenly 'poof' he had lost weight I think 20lbs. when I noticed. So it will happen for you!

I know it is that time of year when our weather keeps changing and the rain and pressure makes our fibro worse. I hope you are not in a total flare and will start to feel better soon.

I too have been trying to lose weight and have lost 3lbs., nothing major but I know it will be slow for me. I am trying to stay away from sugar which is such a downfall for me. It is helping me to maintain a longer stretch without a total flare. I have had some busy, keep going, days lately and did not crash and all I can contribute it to is staying off the sugar. I have done this before and I know it helps, but everything I like has sugar in it. Don't know what it is about me and sugar.

I have been trying a few other things and will keep you posted if they pan out. Good to hear from you and don't be discouraged remember....baby steps!

Glojer

Closed Thread