It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2005, 11:47 AM   #1
(female)

NancyJones HB User
Burning Skin

Does anyone have the sensation of sunburn on their skin? I know many people have burning muscles, but the skin on my hands, arms and face burns as though I've been in the sun all day. This just started a couple weeks ago, along with tightening and glove-like sensations on my skin.

Old 10-10-2005, 12:12 PM   #2
(female)

NancyJones HB User
Re: Burning Skin

I don't have any discoloration or redness, just burning. I will check it out though, thanks for the info!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2005, 12:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User

Hi Nancy, I have had sunburn like pain in patches and also all over. I take neurontin for it.

Old 10-10-2005, 03:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

I had the burning skin almost all day yesterday from the shoulders following down toward the breasts and underarms.both side. not pain just felt like I had Ben Gay on me. this am I woke up and about an half hour later started with pain in the same area. That eased and now have sore areas all over my upper chest and collar bone. I have used so much heat I am over done.

The burning is miserable along with everything else about this dd.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 10-15-2005, 07:56 AM   #5
(female)

Sunshine Sister HB User

Hi! I don't have burning skin often but the feeling of something (like bugs) crawling inside my hands, arms and legs drive me nuts. Does anyone experience this? There are so many unpleasant things going on in the body with Fibro and they change so often that sometimes I think I'm losing it. I don't know if it's appropriate to ask a question here or not but I'm wondering what kinds of meds people use. I've had it for 10 years and basically have had no one to talk to about it. I feel really alone. Sunshine Sister

Old 10-18-2005, 09:45 PM   #6
(female)

mindutopia HB User

It's so weird to hear someone else describe something I thought only I had experienced. I first got this "sunburn" feeling in patches on my legs after knee surgery several years ago. It eventually subsided after a couple months, then maybe six months ago I got it again in a small maybe 1 inch diameter patch right between my breasts. It hurt when clothing or even the shower water ran against it. It took went away after a month. Such a strange thing, but at least it was temporary. I chalked it up to the fibro like every other odd symptom I had, but it's so interesting to hear you all describe much the same thing.

Karen

Old 10-18-2005, 09:48 PM   #7
(female)

mindutopia HB User

Oh, and yes, I get the creepy crawly feeling too. Not as much anymore, but it feels like a bug is crawling on my leg or arm. I've also noticed in the past few months experiencing things as hot or cold when they aren't...for instance, I leaned against the counter at a coffee shop and jumped back because it felt burning hot to my arm. It wasn't of course and when I touched it again it felt normal. Strange, huh? Again I chalk it up to the fibro since all my neurological testing was normal.

Old 10-18-2005, 09:51 PM   #8
(female)

mindutopia HB User

Sunshine Sister,

I take amitriptyline and neurontin. Both of which seem to make a difference. The amitriptyline is more for my chronic fatigue and non-restorative sleep (as well as pain), while the neurontin is for pain. I haven't experienced the drowsiness a lot of people report with neurontin fortunately, because I am on a fairly low dose. I still have symptoms, but I can mostly live with these.

Karen

Old 10-19-2005, 01:08 PM   #9
(female)

aaronon HB User

Hi all,

I get the burning areas of skin also. It's not all over, mine is just in patches. I get the creepy crawly things often. The burning thing is really bothersome, and of course what can be done about it. It's just another symptom in a long line of curses we must endure.

a

Old 10-20-2005, 12:21 PM   #10
(female)

Piano0105 HB UserPiano0105 HB UserPiano0105 HB User

I have had Fibro for seven years. About five years ago I also developed burning, redness, and tingling in my hands, feet, and face. I was diagnosed with Erythromelalgia. I believe this is connected to the Fibro since I know several others with both disorders. I've also had some weird neuropathy feelings from time to time even though, like many, all my neuro tests were normal.

Closed Thread