It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2005, 08:51 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Oh that fibro fog!

I just love driving when I'm having fibro fog, don't you? Had to go to the lab this morning for thyroid bloodwork and have a little fibro fog happening. All the driving was in my area, places I have been 100 times but still I felt like I didn't know where I was going. The weather is beautiful here so all the repair trucks and lawn service trucks were out double parking trying to get the last minute things done. That just made it that much harder, more activity going on to have to concentrate on for driving safety and more to watch for. To top it off at the medical building, the lanes to drive in for parking are all one way. You know, down one up the other one. Of course there is always some 'idiot' that goes the wrong way!!!!. It isn't bad enough the older folks who legitmately have trouble getting their big cars out of the parking spaces and/or parking them period. But 'dumbo' has to drive the wrong way, in her defense I will say the lot had just been repaved and the arrows weren't up yet but for over 30yrs. that lot has been up one lane down the other.

I felt like I was floating all the way there and all the way home, I hate the FOG. If I am in my own home I deal but get out on the road and try to watch the other guy and not feel like you are totally with it, I hate it. Since not working my husband and I do so much together and he drives all the time so I guess it hit me extra hard this morning haven't felt like that in a long time.

Peace and pain free days to us all

Glojer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2005, 09:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
Re: Oh that fibro fog!

fog time is the time I have to do a recheck on everything I do. I hate to go shopping feel like I am floating around and cannot concentrate on anything. Last time I ran to the store for a few things the checker kept tell me what I owe and I am not responding to her, all of sudden the light went on and I realized I had to pay for my items, it can be embarrasssing and well as a a pain in the butt. I always feel like a hang over but never drink.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 10-13-2005, 12:53 PM   #3
(female)

movin slo HB User
Lightbulb Re: Oh that fibro fog!

Linda,
Sorry that you are in the fog! Maybe we should make a pin saying Sorry in Fibro fog, please keep repeating until fog lifts. Or get a small set of fog lights and apply to clothing saying "If fog lights working-my mind is not Please wait for lights to go out." Warm hugs.

Old 10-13-2005, 01:06 PM   #4
(female)

RaggedyPrim HB User

Oh, I LOVE the fog lights on the shirt idea! We all need t-shirts! I'm thinking of having one made that says, "Just ignore me...I'm in a Fibro Fog!"

Old 10-13-2005, 03:04 PM   #5
(female)

movin slo HB User

Raggedy,
How about LOOK OUT..Fibro.Fog passing by.hehe In bright red

Old 10-13-2005, 03:32 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

hangin HB User

What a brilliant idea! Warning-FIBRO FOG.

Glojer, the dreaded Fibro Fog. I think we all know that feeling of floating and feeling disconnected. I do not know how many times I have driven past off ramps, forgotten what and where I was going. I hate not being in control more. It is frustrating and scary. It can be dangerous. So glad you are ok and got there and home safe.

I am like you that since I can't work my husband does all the driving when we are together which I prefer. So when I drive I feel like I should put a helmet on, pad my body and pray for the best.

Take care everyone, please drive safe.

Peace and love, Hangin

Last edited by hangin; 10-13-2005 at 03:35 PM.

Old 10-13-2005, 06:07 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

I love all the fibro fog ideas, but figure I'd spend too much time trying to explain fibro fog. Like that could happen when I'm foggy...he he! I especially like the 'warning fibro fog' t-shirt idea.

OK so today I'm foggy, then my energy started to slip even lower and it is now 8pm and I feel like I could go to bed. I think I see a connection.

Old 10-14-2005, 03:29 AM   #8
(female)

RaggedyPrim HB User

I just saw this post, Glojer...I'm up and at em...it's 6:30, and I've been up since about 5:00...on my good days, I go back to being a big-time morning person! LOL

Hope you had a restful night, and have a great day today!

Old 10-14-2005, 08:02 AM   #9
(female)

movin slo HB User
Lightbulb Re: Oh that fibro fog!

Glojer,
Thats the beauty of the fibo lights. On the back of shirt we could put What is Fibro. Fog ?..........Your looking at it...................or put please read front of shirt if you still don't get maybe you should get checked.

Old 10-14-2005, 11:48 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Movin that was great...you're looking at it! Believe me there are many people I have run into that I thought should be checked for something, whether it be fibro fog or not....but something!!!! I hate when I do something so stupid, you know the kind of things that irritate me about other people, I usually just go OH DUH... when I finally figure it out. That certainly gets you looks in public especially if your alone! That's why it's nice to shop with someone so you don't appear to be talking to yourself all the time...he..he.

That's why the T-shirt and lights would be so helpful.

Glojer

Old 10-14-2005, 01:27 PM   #11
(female)

RaggedyPrim HB User

My husband got a real kick out of something awhile back. We got out of the car to go into the grocery store (I was fogging a LOT that day)...and I sort of tripped...on nothing...I tried to walk on...like nothing had happened, of course. In the meantime, my DH stopped...leaned down...looked really hard at the ground...then we noticed the guy in the car next to our car was laughing his you know what off! Oh, well! Hubby said, "GEE! I don't see a rock there...."

Old 10-14-2005, 06:55 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

hangin HB User

Hi RaggedyPrim,

That is funny IT is wonderful that your husband joins in and makes you laugh. It is one of the best things we can do for each other.

When I am in a fibro fog I tend to stumble also. One of my favorite things to say when I stumble on nothing is "Who put that ground there". Sounds strange and maybe it is the type of thing that you have to be there to laugh. I got it from being in the market once and a large woman was walking down the isle in a strange way. Suddenly a ham fell from underneath her dress. I am not kidding. A big ham, not a small one. The first thing she said is "Who put that ham there" in a voice of disbelief. Well, you can imagine how I howled with laughter.

Glojer, interesting on how you had Fibro fog and then you started to feel less energy. I am going to pay more attention to this. It could teach me to take it easier when the terrible Fibro fog is there worse than usual. Hopefully you went to bed early and you are feeling better. Take care of yourself.

Have a good night everyone.

Peace and love, Hangin

Last edited by hangin; 10-14-2005 at 07:06 PM.

Old 10-14-2005, 07:05 PM   #13
(female)

movin slo HB User

Hey everyone:
We need to take up a collection and get Linda the Fog Shirt! She blames me because of an idea I gave. BUT SHE needs the shirt big time lol for more info look at rice in sock converation.

Old 10-14-2005, 07:09 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

The whole thing was your idea. Guess what i am using thermno care heat patches now, wish they made one for your entire body, really flaring with rib soreness front and back, top to bottom.

Poor, Poor mickey, he is melted in my oven,

hugs to all, linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 10-14-2005, 07:18 PM   #15
(female)

movin slo HB User

Glojer,
You think it is bad people seeing you talking to yourself.Whew, well now let me tell you. I was in a discount store with my 10year old grandson, and naturally I walked into the side of a wall. Right away grandson says AWwww
**** that hurt didn't it grandma! You talk about looks! few of the people laugh and agreed with him.

Closed Thread