It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2005, 06:17 PM   #1
(female)

movin slo HB User
Red face REALLY stupid things I've done

Ok, confession time:
2 days ago my sweet hubby went to K-mart and bought all the plants they had left.$50.00 worth.
Stupid #2 we unloaded everything.
Stupid #3 I started planting. and separting bulbs
Stupid 4 I crawled around on the ground for 2 1/2 hrs planting.
Stupid #5 planted about 20 of the 80 plants.
REALLY Stupid: I finally was able to move about 3:00 this afternoon and
went back to planting unplanted 4,planted about 14.
So in the morning being stupid like Iam and when I can somewhat move HAHA
back to planting.Darn if those plants are going to die in their little bitty pot. They can do it out in nice black dirt!!

Old 10-13-2005, 10:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User
Re: REALLY stupid things I've done

Hello, Glojer,

Funny, I did the same thing (not all the plants, but lots of bulbs). I kept on thinking of how the little shoots and flowers would look in the spring. And this is such a dreary, rainy time of year.
I don't think it was stupid of you. I think it was a loving and hopeful thing to do.
Hope you feel better soon,

Seaturtle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2005, 03:06 AM   #3
(female)

RaggedyPrim HB User

Don't you feel sometimes that even though we know we're going to PAY dearly for overdoing it...it's worth it if it renews our spirit...even for just a little while?!?! That's one of my biggest struggles with fibro....I've always had a problem pacing myself when I'm not feeling well. Now that I have to deal with fibro., it's very hard not to overdo when I have good days. So, I just do the best I can and feel blessed when I have a great day...and try to take care of myself on the bad days. Love piling up in the recliner...afghan all snuggly over me...and just chill (oops! BAD choice of words...don't like to be cold...no real chilling!). I'm lucky...57 and don't have kids at home..and not able to work outside my home. But you notice I said, "I'm lucky"...because I know how hard it is for those on the boards who do have kids at home...jobs they have to go to...so that's one reason I want to be here on the boards...to help others who have a whole lot more to deal with than the fibro. All of you have a blessed and easier day!

Last edited by RaggedyPrim; 10-14-2005 at 03:08 AM.

Old 10-14-2005, 07:54 AM   #4
(female)

movin slo HB User

Raggedy,
Yes it feels good to beable to do normal things. And Yes, I do pay a high pain price. But I'm in pain most of the time anyway,so it might as well be for a beautiful flower garden in my front yard!! So I'm going back at it again today.
Hopefully the last day. Then I will probably start clearing a room to paint.

taking time to stop and smell the flowers.

Old 10-14-2005, 08:26 AM   #5
(female)

Mikiboots HB User

Hey,
If you don't keep going, what can you do? I can't let pain stop me from living....the key is to find what you enjoy doing and do that. Everyone must find passion in what they do or they are just existing. We just are reminded more accutely that when we do something, it must be valuable or our pain is wasted. We must learn how to prioritize.

I too enjoy gardening....haven't done it much lately, but those flowers in spring make the aches of fall worth it.

I also find that if I keep occupied, then I don't think about the pain as much. Pain relievers aren't working for me right now and my doc said all that's left for me are the opiates and I won't take them. Lately, I have been chewing red hot cinnamin gum which concentrates pain on my mouth and distracts me from where it hurts elsewhere. Granted, I'm going through lots of gum, but this works, at least temporarily. Those Altoid products do too.

Anybody else try this?

Old 10-14-2005, 09:25 AM   #6
(female)

DecLady HB User

No stupidity involved here at all! Even tho we have pain after we do work like this...we aren't really doing damage to our joints or muscles...just a bit to our mental health. Even if you are in pain...enjoy the fact that now you have all those wonderful plants in the ground to beautify your home..and make looking out your window just that much nicer! I think most of us take time to 'overdo ' it now and again..but that is choosing to LIVE and not just sit!

Old 10-14-2005, 11:09 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Movin I'm glad seaturtle gave me the credit for planting all those beautiful flowers, but I am glad you will get to enjoy them next spring. I will confess I can't do that much anymore. My hubby and I use to love to make our place beautiful every spring. Our neighbors would come by and tell us how nice everything looked and what a joy it gave to them, we loved it. For the last 3years we haven't been able to do that much, we tried to put in some perinnials and they look nice, but we still miss the beauty of all those beautiful spring flowers. Keep 'movin' as long as you can!

Raggedy, I like you love to curl up with an afghan and just veg out. Maybe that is what happens when your 2mo.s away from being 57.

Glojer

Last edited by Glojer; 10-14-2005 at 11:10 AM.

Old 10-14-2005, 04:26 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

Sue and telling people to buy blow up dolls, fill them with rice and nuke them. I got a big Mickey Mouse ballon, filled t with rice, would not fit in the microwave, put it in the over for 60 minuets on highest heat. you really are smart. You ought to see my over. lol.

I will never ask you for advice when I have the fog, may go ahead and heed your advice.

Linda, your bud

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 10-14-2005, 06:51 PM   #9
(female)

movin slo HB User
Red face Re: REALLY stupid things I've done

Oh Please Linda! Not Mickey you nuked Mickey??? and had him stuffed with rice!! Oh.... my beloved Mickey.
Geeze, do I have print out instruction for you?? You Heat rice and then fill!! Some people hump! See the HEAT hehe I get just trying to get you warmed up!!! haha hohohehe
So Linda, I wasn't stupid I knew what I ment.!!
Mickey Mouse balloons all over the place

Old 10-14-2005, 07:12 PM   #10
(female)

movin slo HB User

Linda,
You REALLY REALLY need a fibro shirt with all the bells and whisles.(sp) you know when you pucker your lips. D a r n fog. Still buds.

Old 10-17-2005, 01:14 PM   #11
(female)

movin slo HB User

ta-da....
All my flowers are snug and warm and a little wet in their new beds!!! 5 days of planting wow what a long haul. Now after the soreness goes away. I can start painting my living room!! Come spring clear through fall you will all be smelling my BEAUTIFUL hosta,snow crop,hibiskis, little purple flowers i don't know the name of. Day Lillies Out of 70 plants,we planted 95 plants.Whew! Worth the pains.

Old 10-17-2005, 01:51 PM   #12
(female)

bilij HB User

Hi Movin slo, I think you should change your name....you're not
movin very slo planting all those flowers and thinking of painting
your living room.(It makes me tired even thinking about all that work.)
Only teasing you, I'm thankful you have the energy to do those things.
I can just imagine how pretty your flower garden will be come spring.
I always love your posts!!!
Bilij

Old 10-17-2005, 02:03 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

Sue, at least you know why you have pain, right? I houecleaned and was sore but never flared, I can sit and watch tv and flare.

The dumbest thing you did was the advice you gave me on the blow up doll, rice and micro wave, the dumbest thing I did was listen.

The deer love hosta, that is a salad bar for them , they eat mine right down to the ground.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 10-17-2005, 02:36 PM   #14
(female)

movin slo HB User

Now listen here Buddy Girlfriend,
It was just an IDEA Geeze you'd think if I told you jump off a bridge (with no water) .........hehehe.
Tell ya what you come here and clean my house, and I will sit in a cuddly chair and watch tv. and we will see if it works the same way..hohoho.
It wasn't THE DUMBEST thing I've done BELIEVE ME !!! Probably was for you, miss watch tv.!!! So there.

Old 10-17-2005, 02:41 PM   #15
(female)

movin slo HB User

Thank you Bilij,
I'm just bull headed. I do until my get up and go, gets up and goes away.
Can you believe that foggy Linda blaming me for her blowing up Mickey Mouse,full of rice in her 500 oven??? Some people!! hehhehehehehe

Closed Thread