It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2005, 11:22 AM   #1
(female)

April414 HB User
Sooo tired too tired

I have been complaining to my drs. about being tired about the same time I started complaining of hurting. Ok, fianlly diagnosed with fibro. Great it has a name, no cure, no help for it either, just keep taking pain pills. Okay, what do I do about being so tired? There are days when even just the thought of doing something, even as mild as loading the dishwasher, makes me groan and want to cry. I finally figured out a way to describe this morning, it feels like there are weights, pulling my arms and my legs down, pulling on me, dragging me down. Do any of you have this type of tiredness? Last time I asked my dr. for help with being tired he said we'd work on it later. See, I've started having hot flashes due to being on depo provera shots for several years. I'm supposed to have some sort of test at the end of the month to make sure the depo caused it instead of it being the real thing. What will waiting do? What do I do about it? My house looks, I can't even begin to describe how horrible it looks. I was never a great housekeeper in the 1st place and am a packrat which, yes, I know ,doesn't help, but I didn't used to be ashamed for anyone to see my house. Help! Do any of you have any ideas?
April

Old 10-18-2005, 02:58 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

hangin HB User
Re: Sooo tired too tired

Hi April,

Feeling exhausted like you do is not a fun thing as you know. For me, there were times when I first got Fibro that I was paralyzed to do anything since everything was so hard and the thought of starting was to much.

How long have you felt ill? When were you diagnosed? I know that when I first got Fibro I was taken over by a feeling of helplessness since I felt so terrible and tired like you. It too them 6 years to figure out what was wrong so having a diagnosis puts you in a good place. Now you know what you are dealing with.

It takes a while to learn how to live and deal with this. Of course you are going to feel like you do. It is overwhelming at first. Fibro is not something that you cannot live a full life with.

Being tired is part of Fibro but eventually you will learn how to handle it. I used to drive myself crazy about my house, yard, etc.. What will people think? Will they think I am a slob? Try to tell yourself that there is not much you can do about it right now. Maybe your friends or family will see the problem and help you out with cleaning and anything else you might need. Or perhaps you can ask them to help you.

It will be interesting what the doc will tell you about you feeling so tired and what suggestions he might have. Please let us know what he says. There are times when I get so tired and lay down that I feel like I cannot get up. I think all of this board understands how tired you can get. You will be get alot of support and ideas about how to deal with it.

I take vitamins and try and eat right. I know how hard it is to even shop to get these things let alone do it. Baby steps my dear. You are dealing with something new and need to absorb it.

I feel for you April, I know that it can be very draining.

Take care. Try not to be to hard on yourself. Don't sweat the small stuff. It can be hard, however, it is one of the greatest lessons I have learned.

Peace and love, Hangin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2005, 03:41 PM   #3
(female)

April414 HB User
Re: Sooo tired too tired

Hi, I was diagnosed back in the fall. I thought once they knew what was wrong it would all be better. The only thing really better besides now knowing what's wrong has a name is that my arthritis dr. isn't scimpy on the pain pills and flexaril. I guess I started hurting the worst about Feb. or March, I think it was 03 although it might have been 02. I'll have to ask a friend when was it I helped her move. That's another thing, my memory, it feels shot so much of the time. I have finally figured out when not to try to do things because of the fog, like shopping, returning calls, paying bills, etc.
For awhile this summer I spent time outside, just sitting and reading but I did feel like I felt a bit better, then the hot flashes got bad and I'm staying in the house near the fan. I have noticed some when I eat more reg. I seem to be able to try to get things done without thinking, Lord, I just want to sleep. But my appettie is all screwed up for some reason. I have to remind myself to eat most days and then I wind up just grabbing whatever is easiest. I have a bad night where I'm awake 1/2 the night off and on then the next day is worse. Vicious cylce I guess.
I have not yet layed down to try to nap today. I sure want to but have to give a speech tommorow night and have to figure out what I'll say even though I know what I'm supposed to talk about. We've got a victim's support group for victims and thier families of violent crimes.
The hot flashes make me have more sleepless nights, even with ambian and melatonion and pain pills. That of course screws up the next day, or at least messes with it bad. Less sleep = more pains it seems like. A few weeks ago we went on vacation and I went and went and went and I loved it, but Billy Don did the driving and I slept most of the time on the road, but we went every day we were gone. How I was able to do that I can't figure out, I know after we got home all I did for a few days was sleep or try to, sometimes just lay in bed and that was helpful, not like a nights sleep, but helpful.
I take several different meds, for depression, add,high blood pressure, high cholesterol, migraine prevention, acid reflux, I'd have to count them again but I think that with the pain pills and flexaril I have at least 12 different prescriptions. I take a one a day vitamin and extra calcium when I remember because when I was a kid I was on prednosone quite a while at high milligrams and it caused osteoporsis but didn't know that I had that til 1999 and I take a pill for it too. I wonder if all me pills together could be helping me to stay so tired? I hate taking so many pills, but I'm told I need them all so I do take them.
It helps that ya'll understand about being and staying so tired. And your kind words help too, thank you for that. I know life will get better and then worse again. Good days, bad days. I just wish the bad weren't so bad and that the good happened more often for longer periods.
Is there not much else my arthritis dr. can do besides keep me in pain pills?
I've rambled on long enough for now.
April

Closed Thread