It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2005, 05:27 PM   #1
(female)

ceerose67 HB User
Lightbulb "The Marshall Protocol" Antibiotics used for a year to help our bodies RID FM/CFS

Has anyone used a low dose antibiotic treatment for a year or two to help rid our bodies of the germs known to cause FM/Chronic Fatigue in most people?

The Antibiotics are used to boost and strengthen our own immune system so it can kill off the germs that are mimicking healthy cells and are making us sick. That is why our blood test are normal when we are so very sick. The normal test do not pick up the real culprates and therefore only our symptoms are treated.

Please do a Google search for "The Marshall Protocol" and read up on it and let me know what you think.

I think I have come down with Cronic Fatigue or Gulf War Syndrom in addition to FM and if it will cure the CFS and the damage it is doing to my body that is unseen and unknown to many, including many doctors, I want it gone and out of my body.

Let me know what you think. I gave my Doctor all of the info and she is studying on it since this is the answers to all of the mysteries of FM and CFS.

Are we ready to get our lives back since we have been told for years that it is cronic and will never go away, and the biggest lie of FM that it is not doing any tissue damage when that is not the complete truth. We are waisting away before our own eyes.

Quote,

"Patients with FMS or CFS often have multiple mycoplasmal infections and probably other chronic infections as well. CFS/FMS patients infected with different mycoplasma species generally had a longer history of illness, suggesting that patients may have contracted additional infections with time. Once mycoplasmal infections have been identified in the white blood cell fractions of subsets of CFS, FMS, GWI, RA and other patients, they can be successfully treated.

Appropriate treatment with antibiotics should result in patient improvement and even recovery.(6,19,20) The recommended treatments for mycoplasmal blood infections require long-term antibiotic therapy, usually multiple 6-week cycles of doxycycline (200-300 mg/day),(47) ciprofloxacin (1,500 mg/day), azithromycin (500 mg/day) or clarithromycin (750-1,000 mg/day).(48) Multiple cycles are required, because few patients recover after only a few cycles, possibly because of the intracellular locations of mycoplasmas like M. fermentans and M. penetrans, the slow-growing nature of these microorganisms and their relative drug sensitivities.

Why aren't physicians routinely treating mycoplasmal and other chronic infections? In many cases they are treating these infections, but it has been only recently that such infections have been found in so many unexplained chronic illnesses. These infections cannot be successfully treated with the usual short courses of antibiotics due to their intracellular locations, slow proliferation rates and inherent insensitivity to most antibiotics. In addition, a fully functional immune system may be essential to overcoming these infections, and this is why vitamin and nutritional supplements are so important.

We have proposed that chronic infections are an appropriate explanation for the morbidity seen in a rather large subset of CFS, FMS, GWI and RA patients, and in a variety of other illnesses. Not every patient will have this as a diagnostic explanation or have the same types of chronic infections, and additional research is necessary to clarify the role of such infections in chronic diseases.(1,7) Some patients may have chemical or radiological exposures or other environmental problems as an underlying reason for their chronic signs and symptoms.

In these patients, chronic infections may be opportunistic.

In others, somatoform disorders or illnesses caused by psychological or psychiatric problems may indeed be important. However, in these patients antibiotics, supplements and immune enhancers should have no lasting effect whatsoever, and they should not recover on such therapies.

The identification of specific infectious agents in the blood of chronically ill patients may allow many patients with CFS, FMS, GWI or RA and other chronic diseases to obtain more specific diagnoses and effective treatments for their illnesses.

Finally, patients with cardiopathies, AIDS, respiratory illnesses, and urogenital infections are often infected with Mycoplasma, Chlamydia, Brucella or other chronic, invasive bacterial and parasitic infections, and these patients could benefit from appropriate antibiotic and neutraceutical therapies that alleviate morbidity."

The Gov has spent a lot of money trying to solve the mystery of the Gulf War Syndrome and the infections seem too be a common theme they are discovering. Study the Gulf War Illness web sites for more info.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2005, 05:52 PM   #2
(male)

damz68 HB User
Re: "The Marshall Protocol" Antibiotics used for a year to help our bodies RID FM/CFS

From what I have read very few people have got better from the Marshall Protocol. They clam it could take three plus years and after a year most of the patients are financially exhausted. With higher doses of antibiotics the infections can be cleared in half the time. That is why the success rate for lyme Dr's are much better.

Old 10-20-2005, 08:48 PM   #3
(female)

mindutopia HB User
Re: "The Marshall Protocol" Antibiotics used for a year to help our bodies RID FM/CFS

I really don't know much about the Marshall Protocol, but I do know that taking antibiotics for long periods of time can lead to resistance. That seems to me that it could make you sicker. You kill off everything that isn't resistant to the antibiotics, so that what's left are the resistant strains, usually the most virulent. Too me that sounds scary, but if you've tried everything else, I guess you have to do what you have to do. Just be careful of yeast infections which are also caused by long term antibiotic use.

Karen

Old 10-21-2005, 02:23 AM   #4
(female)

ceerose67 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by damz68
From what I have read very few people have got better from the Marshall Protocol. They clam it could take three plus years and after a year most of the patients are financially exhausted. With higher doses of antibiotics the infections can be cleared in half the time. That is why the success rate for lyme Dr's are much better.

Damz68,

You are right, it could take up to 3 years depending on how good your own body is at fighting infections. The low dose of antibiotics is to support your own body to fight the infections, not to kill the germs with the antibiotics. They mentioned if they gave a higher dose of antibiotics, your body would be killing off the germs too rapidly and it will cause a person to feel sicker initially and that may be too hard to tolerate for most people so they go with a low dose and your own body kills off the germs in time.

I am sure a higher dose would be appropriate if your body needed antibiotics for a heavy sickness.

The cost may be a factor, but as we know it is also very expensive to only treat the symptoms of FM/CFS/GWI and it is hurting our bodies but the damage is mainly designed to be undetected.

The Gulf War sites are very revealing and have substantial proof that these germs were genetically engineered in labs to do a lot of damage to the brain/heart and blood volume in our bodys and go virtually undetected.

Yes, it is what we refert to as "boiological warefare" and we are gunie pigs......again from what I understand.

Very interesting research.

I think after weighing the risk, I will have to do what I have to do to get RID of these germs, hopefully for good. It does require maintence to keep the body healthy but HEALTHY sounds sooooooo good.

Take Care,

Carla

Old 10-21-2005, 04:52 AM   #5
(female)

April414 HB User

I will go look later today and read the marshall protocol, just to see what all it says, however let me tell you something about antibiotics.
Back about 1987 or 88, my Mama stayed on antibiotics most of the time for about a year for various things, her home had a cement floor underneath the tile and had cracked so there were mold problems They bought and moved into a better house in 1989. After all the antibiotics, she developed allergies so bad she can barely syand to go down the aisles in the stores where there are soaps of any kind or any chemicals. They discovered allergies to many things, pine, mold, any smoke, cats, dogs, multi chemicals, yeast products, many, many things. She is still that bad today. According to the allergist, that year of antibiotics is what started, or at least triggered it all. I, myself had a long standing(many years) infection and stayed on them iff and on for many years and I had to to start taking allergy meds 7 years ago, if I run out and miss more than 2 days, I get severe bronchtis. My mother has to have shots for her allergies.
Anyway this is what I know about antibiotics.
April

Old 10-21-2005, 06:05 AM   #6
(male)

damz68 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by April414
I will go look later today and read the marshall protocol, just to see what all it says, however let me tell you something about antibiotics.
Back about 1987 or 88, my Mama stayed on antibiotics most of the time for about a year for various things, her home had a cement floor underneath the tile and had cracked so there were mold problems They bought and moved into a better house in 1989. After all the antibiotics, she developed allergies so bad she can barely syand to go down the aisles in the stores where there are soaps of any kind or any chemicals. They discovered allergies to many things, pine, mold, any smoke, cats, dogs, multi chemicals, yeast products, many, many things. She is still that bad today. According to the allergist, that year of antibiotics is what started, or at least triggered it all. I, myself had a long standing(many years) infection and stayed on them iff and on for many years and I had to to start taking allergy meds 7 years ago, if I run out and miss more than 2 days, I get severe bronchtis. My mother has to have shots for her allergies.
Anyway this is what I know about antibiotics.
April
I agree April, there is no doubt that long term abx. will effect you in some way. I dont agree with what the allergist in telling your mother that the abx caused her problems. A Dr. should not give oppinions, they should only tell you facts. It has never been proven that abx would cause anything more than a yeast infection. So for him to tell your mother that abx caused her problems was out of line, especially if she was not well to begin with. The Marshal protocol has helped people with CFIDS, FM, lyme and RA. It is very hard for people to stay with the program for such a long period. I personaly will try anything that may help me get my life back. I would rather have one good year of life left than 40 bad years!

Old 10-21-2005, 07:14 AM   #7
(female)

aaronon HB User

hi all,

My mother is taking a very low dose of Doxycycline, and has been for a few years. She seems to think it has helped. I'll have to call her today and get the lowdown on they why's etc. Will report more later.

a

Old 10-21-2005, 09:53 AM   #8
(male)

damz68 HB User

Hey all, I should mention that the Marshal protocol and pretty much all LLMD protocols are not just about antibiotics. They claim that the bacteria or spirocetes enter the cells where they can hide from the abx. In the MP they pulse abx. with a drug called biaxin, I think. The biaxin? is suppose to help the abx enter the cell where it can destoy the hiding spirocetes. LLMD's use drugs like flagyl to help destroy hiding spirocetes.

The protocol I am on is basically IV antibiotics with flagyl pulses twice a month. After two months I get a two week holiday. After holiday they start me on a diferant abx. What they look for is you to feel bad while on abx. This bad feeling is a herx. The good thing about the MP is that since the abx is weaker the herx is not as bad. This will keep your immune system in good order. With my protocol the 2week holiday is a break for the immune system to recover.

I am on a holiday at the moment and my fatigue has eased alowing me to cut and weed yard and do little odd jobs around house. It has been a while since I have done any work. All other symptoms are still here like dizziness, brainfog and muscle pain. I am only on month two so I will stick with it for at least a year.

Old 10-21-2005, 04:16 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

hangin HB User

I took a course of low dose antibiotics for 1 1/2 quite a few years back.

Biaxin is considered one of the more potent antibiotics. My sister took flagyl for a urinary tract infection and was rushed to the hospital with a bleeding stomach.

My course of antibiotics didn't do a thing for me except make me have constant yeast infections no matter how much acidopholis I took or yogurt. I know everyone is different but I stay away from antibiotics unless it is absolutely necessary.

I never want to get to the point that my body cannot get rid of an infection from building up a tolerance to antibiotics especially since my system is already compromised with having Fibro. With all these new strains of viruses, bacterial infections and diseases IMO I do not want to take the chance.

If you decide to take this course of medications I hope it helps you. Just watch for side effects.

Take care.

Peace and love, Hangin

Closed Thread