It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2005, 02:33 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Hi fibro family....my latest news!!

I have been away for a couple of days, have been just plain busy. Yesterday was my hubbys oncology visit and it was not as good as we hoped. He had his 3mo ct scan last monday and the results showed the cancer is back, it has spread to his abdominal lymphnodes (noticable 1" mass) and possible to lymphs in his upper body. He will start chemotherapy next week (halloween!) he will have to do three rounds of it if he can tolerate some of the drugs and if he can't tolerate the one drug he will have to do four rounds. This friday is more testing to see where else it might be, or to see if more surgery is needed. It was surprising that it has only been four months, but that was four months without the chemo something we are very grateful for.

Right now he is just kind of numb. Of course the doc and nurses tell you that he will absolutly have all these side effects and being the eternal optimist I tell him who knows maybe you will do better than the average. I think he is a cut above average anyway.

Of course right now my concerns are all for him, but I have given a few thoughts as to how the fibro is going to react to all this. I hope Goldenwings philosophy is right that when we are helping others somehow the fibro gets put on the back burner

My best friend has offered any help I need she will be there and of course my children live near by. What am I saying one lives with us!!!!....giggle....that's pretty 'near by'.

Next week will be a bear, he has to be at the hospital at 8:30am and be there for 6-8hrs everyday mon. thru fri. Our daughter will be out of town on her job and of course that leaves her dog here with no one but me to take care of her. Perhaps she can be boarded, Gods creature I know but she can have a vacation with all the other puppies at the doggie boarding place.

So my dear friends I will check in here as often as I can but don't miss me too much cause I haven't gone far. I just don't know how often I will get to the computer. Although it may be the one thing that keeps me sane.

This will all be new to us, no one in our family has ever had to deal with this. I know so many of you have and I can appreciate how you felt and how it effected you.

Peace and pain free days.

Glojer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2005, 03:36 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Hi fibro family....my latest news!!

dearest glojer and her gentle man,
numb is normal. this is a biggie and takes some time to absorb. if there is any way i may be of service to either of you, i am here. this is a journey i have embarked upon with others who elect to have chemo.
i assist a man who has been telling cancer to go visit hades for 6 years. off and on he has to do a bit of chemo. right now he is doing great. still has cancer but it is quietly in the back seat for now.
i will spend all next week meditating on shrinking those lymph nodes and body acceptance of the treatment. we, your family, will all be right there in the hospital with you both.
eat well you two, and buckets of water to flush the chemotoxins out.
much love, mountains of support, a universe of healing, and most of all,
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 10-25-2005, 03:50 PM   #3
(female)

bilij HB User

Dear Glojer, just as Golden's little bird, your husband is in the
greatest Hands the world will ever know. When we read the139th
Psalm, we can be certain that God knows every cell in your husbands
body. My prayers will be with him and also with you as you two travel
this road of healing.
Bilij

Old 10-25-2005, 04:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

Hello, Glojer,

Gosh, I am sorry to hear about your hubby. This is a huge issue for anyone, and you have to carry the stress and support for him along with your own illness.
I wish I could do something to help. I saw a partner of many years through years of cancer and treatments...the good news is that the treatments worked. But the side effect can be difficult to undergo and to watch, if you love someone.
Gentle and strong support to you, I will be praying for you and for him,

Peace,

Seaturtle

Old 10-25-2005, 04:34 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

My Dearest Glojer,

My heartfelt love to your husband and to you. Chemo - as I know from first hand experience - is a horrid thing to go through. You will no doubt have been given lots of information from a support system team, outlining how you can help after the treatments are through for the day. Your darling husband will need peace and quiet and of course your wonderful love.

Even though, as I said in a previous post, that when we are devoting our time to others, we forget our own medical problems, please Glojer do not run yourself into the ground. I know the time ahead will have stress as it's constant companion, and this is when you need to sit and relax when your husband is actually having the treatment and please do not ignore any of your own aches and pains or tiredness or anything like that. These cannot and must not be put on the back burner, you need to look out for yourself too. I am sure your husband would say the same.

Give your husband a big ((((hug)))) from me and hold onto this big ((((hug)))) for yourelf. Wrap yourselves in a blanket of love. Know that I am thinking of you both and that I will come visit in your mind.

Take care my friend.

goldenwings

Old 10-25-2005, 05:01 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

SarahF HB User

I am so sorry to hear this. You and your hubby will definitely be in my prayers.

Old 10-25-2005, 05:11 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

So sorry about your husband, Know that I will be praying for you both.

I know for a fact that when my husband had his recent heart attack and during his healing period my pain level was not bad and I was doing things that he normally did. I think we actually do go numb to the pain, It is not that I did not have pain but it just did not seem to be as bad as normal.

My prayers and love are with you both.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 10-25-2005, 07:29 PM   #8
(female)

April414 HB User

My prayers are with you and your family. I've known people with cancer, those who are still here and those who are not. I've never been around during the chemo (some not close too, others met after) although I hear it can be hell. The stress might in some ways make you hurt worse some of the time, but I agree about helping others. I have a group and when we have meetings, conferences,etc. I seem to feel better for some reason. Maybe cause I have too?
Remember, anyone who offers to help you, whether it be grocery shopping, collecting papers and the mail, sweeping your floors, whatever, let them, you will be being kind to yourself and to the person who asks you to let them help. Some may just say, tell me if I can help, you have totell them what you'd like them to do. I'm sure any of them will be happy to be able to be there for you.
Please let your hubby know that many are praying for him, a good and hopeful attitude can help a lot.
April

Old 10-25-2005, 10:38 PM   #9
(female)

movin slo HB User

Goljer,
My heart goes out to you and your husband.I have relatives that have gone through Chemo. Not pleasent for the one getting the treatments or the one who has to be strong and loving.Praying that the chemo will help and sending warm hugs,energy,to you both.

Old 10-26-2005, 06:00 AM   #10
(female)

JenniferEvelynn HB User

Dearest Glojer,
I will echo what everyone else on this post has said - you and your family are in my prayers. You are surrounded in spirit by many of us who love you. We will keep you strong during this time. Keep us posted - but please, take care of yourself, too.
God bless, Jen

Old 10-26-2005, 09:58 AM   #11
(female)

Avrod6 HB User

Glojor, you and your husband have all the love and prayers in the world going for you. If there is anything that can be done for your family (I live on the west coast) please let me know. You are here and help so many that we would like to return the favor, no not faver, BLESSING!!!!
With much love, Avrod

Old 10-26-2005, 10:33 AM   #12

Sun_Shine HB User

Glojer, thoughts and prayers to you and you're husband. Sorry to hear about everything that's going on. You are always the rock and voice of reason for the rest of us going through things here on the boards. When you have a moment let us know how things go as we'll all be thinking of you and your family. You're husband is very lucky to have you as his rock during this time - together you are both invincible. God Bless.

Old 10-26-2005, 11:18 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

I will take just a quick moment to say Thank You to everyone and we so appreciate the prayers. I always remember the phrase God doesn't lead you to it, that he doesn't lead you through it. You are all wonderful and I will pull upon the strength you give me here when mine starts running low. I will check in and post when I can, this week is more testing and next week is the true test of our faith and willpower.

Thank You All

Glojer

Old 10-26-2005, 02:30 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

hangin HB User

Dearest Glojer,

I just read your post and please know that my heart and prayers are with you and your husband at all times.

Cancer can be very scary and going through chemo can be tough. Then again, I have known people who go through chemo and do remarkably well, very few side effects.

Please do not do this alone, you have your family and friends to help you through. As someone pointed out, please accept any help that is offered. Not only for you but for them. It always makes one feel better to do something when they are helpless.

You also have your special family here, no matter how you feel, post and say whatever you need to say. It is the time where you have to let your feelings and fears out and we are all here. Don't post if you can't, our caring is unconditional.

For me, when I was helping my father trhough his cancer, my pain subsided alot, so much so that I didn't think about it. Try to rest as much as you can and treat yourself with tender loving care.

Your husband will do beautifully with you by his side. I can tell you have a loving, spiritual relationship, love will help the healing in all ways.

Alright my dear, I have probably written too much since at the moment I know you are overwhelmed. You and your hubby are in my prayers throughout the day and night. Picture God right by your side.

Take care sweetie, blessings and healing thoughts.

Peace and love, Hangin

Old 10-27-2005, 02:04 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks hangin. I have been doing a lot of reading about chemo (of course that's what I always do) and there are a lot of encouraging things. For instance, not all people get deathly ill from the chemo, some just lose their hair. Of course the reverse is also possible. It seems though that attitude is the main thing, and now that the shock is over, I have been trying to instill in my hubby the optimism I possess. I have been trying to tell him that a good attitude about the whole thing can go a long way in his side effects and recovery.

After the tests tomorrow we will know more of what we are looking at and how far it has spread and if more surgery is indicated. Right now his type cancer has a 90% cure rate so we have a good attitude about that but it is the "cure" that has us worried. With a cure rate so high we figure don't mess around, go for the strong stuff (chemo) and get it over with. Of course the docs don't give you much of an option.

Anyway thanks hangin and everyone for all the good wishes and prayers and I will keep you posted.

Glojer

Closed Thread