It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2005, 09:03 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User
FM 12 yrs ago, now told lyme disease is true problem..

Hi all
17 yrs ago I contracted Lyme disease and was treated 10 days. (I know now it should have been 6 wk treatment) Testing for co-infections were not available at that time. My lyme titer did come back postitive. I was told that since I was treated, I was cured. (I never saw a bulls eye rash)

12 yrs ago, I started treatment for Fibromyalgia. My dr was rheumataglist. Some of my symptoms just didn't add up. I had alot of one sided pain, neck, head, Lt face numbness & arm numbness. Major fatigue.

4 yrs ago, eye problems sent me to neuroglist. Test revealed lesions on my brain. He said it could be strokes, MG, MS. I never quite accepted either of these. Last 2 yrs with all my symptoms getting worse, memory problems, Dr wanted me to get 2nd opinion from another neuro. That 2nd opionion, was one I would not recommend to anyone. He told me first visit, looked at xray film and said probable MS. Wanted xray of my cervical. I went to him for 2nd opinion, His secretary said he was in a hurry to catch plane, she was to move patients out quickly. He stated that I was just like his wife, complained too much. Just take vitimins and accept fact I am getting older (54) When I ask him about my first visit, he went to computer and said, oh yea there is something there. Lets just wait few months and see then. He walked out. I didn't go back.

I went to my family dr and told him I was going to lyme clinic. He told me I did not have lyme disease. He told me this several times. Told me I was wasting my time. I told him I had tested pos 17 yrs ago, he said okay just keep me informed.

I went to LLMD (Lyme Literate Medical Doctor) who is infectious disease dr specializing in HIV, Lyme (with Fibromyalgia) He tested me, I was never rid of lyme, and have 3 co-infections with lyme. Fibromyalgia actually came in my case from the Lyme infection.

Jump over to the lyme board, see the symptoms for lyme and the co infections.

I am being treated for late chronic lyme, babesosis, bartenella, mycoplasma, while I still have FM. If I can be of help, please let me know. So many people are misdiagnoised each year, make sure you are not one of them.

Prayers, Marsha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread