It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2005, 12:27 PM   #1
(female)

STILLGOIN HB User
Yes Cymbalta makes you lose weight and if for fibro

I do not remember who posted a post about Cymbalta but yes it does make you lose weight and is apparently new in the treatment of fibro. I must really look into this one. Thanks whomever you are.

Old 11-12-2005, 08:11 PM   #2
(female)

dove062476 HB User
Re: Yes Cymbalta makes you lose weight and if for fibro

It was me. And if you can find any additional info, please let me know. Yes it is being used for fibro. And as I stated the doc aggreed that part of my pain was due to my weight. I am concerned about the anorexia. I don't want to become anorexic. Yet my body feels great! I still have a bit of pain but not like it was before. I was walking like an 80 yr old woman! My hips hurt that bad. Like I said...let me know if you find out any new info.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2005, 07:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Dove

A quick question, does the cymbalta help with or take away the hip pain? I do have hip pain and was just wondering.

Thanks
Glojer

Old 11-14-2005, 08:52 AM   #4
(female)

Avrod6 HB User

I am writing this one down and asking my doc next time I see him. Please explain what the drug does. Is it a pain med or musc. relaxer or just an overall?
Thanks

Old 11-14-2005, 11:41 AM   #5
(female)

dove062476 HB User

the cymbalta is an antidepressant. From what the doc told me it helps stop the pain messages from the brain to the pain. It has helped the pain but has not stopped it. I have it occasionally, and when i do have the pain i am not walking around like an 80 yr old and I have yet to use the pain meds that were pescribed. One of the side effects is loss of appetite. I was 201 lb. for a bit tyhen i leveled out at 196 lbs for almost a year. The wieght made my pain in my hips horrible! I had consulted one doc about my overall body pain and swelling. he sadi lupus. tests came back neg. I went to this doc and he said fibromyalgia. My ears rang were sensitive to any noise. I wanted to cry. my muscles hurt, my bones hurt, my joints hurt. The cymbalta has worked wonders. I am very happy with the results. The weight loss has been great too due to the fact it takes weight off of my hips. My normal weight is 132 lbs. I would be happy at 140 lbs. And I know come the cold snaps here Texas I will have muscle pain as I always have. My main concern is the anorexia. One of the side effects. I dont want that. And if anyone has any info on this side effect please let me know. That is my main concern. Please consult your doc's. I do not have all the info I am a patient myself, I would hate to have the wrong info. But if anyone has the info on the anorexia please let me know. As I stated before this is my main concern.

Old 11-15-2005, 02:51 AM   #6
(female)

STILLGOIN HB User

HI Dove: Apparently it is a very good drug, designed for people with fibro. You cannot become anorexic unless you want to be. You still have to eat about 3,500 calories per day. Look it up on the internet. I always look up drugs I am taking. Good source for info. I am on Milnacipran, practically the same ingredients, unfortunately, it puts on weight. So instead of worrying about it enjoy your pain free days. I would love to lose weight. Good luck. Remember the internet

Closed Thread