It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2005, 09:34 PM   #1
(female)

April414 HB User
New pain...kinda

Ok, I think I've mentioned the pain in my right hand before. It aches and cramps a lot. Last night I was writing a note and had only written the first 3 letters when all of a sudden this strong sharp pain shot up like from my index and middle fingers, over my wrist and a little up my arm. I dropped the pen it hurt so bad. I couldn't open a dr. pepper bottle at all today unless I had already opened it first with my left hand. Couldn't lift my purse, had to unlock my car and move gear shift with left hand.
A couple months ago my right elbow and lower arm were hurting really bad and my arthritis dr. gave me a shot of cortisne in it. I thought maybe I need one in mh hand. I called him, he actually himself called me back, he asked if it felt them same as the elbow pain, not quite, kinda, but only kinda. He said it sounded like I had sprained it. Ok, say he's right, how did I sprain it and is it my hand or wrist that's sprained? I just wondered if any of you had experience this and is it something to do with fibro? I got a brace for carpal tunnel at Wal-Mart and have been wearing for a few hours, the pain doesn't seemed to have changed any yet since putting it on, but the pain today hasn't been the sharp pain it was when it started last night.
Any ideas? Thanks.
April

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
24/7 Nausea, Dizziness, Pain in Upper Right Abdomen... IBS, Liver, Gallstones?? abeautifulash Gallbladder 6 12-21-2009 06:05 PM
Pelvic Pain hhmom81 Women's Health 4 02-27-2009 05:56 AM
I am DESPERATE to find a good pain doc in Tacoma Wa. PLEASE! SOPHIABELLA Pain Management 28 01-10-2008 12:25 AM
left tetstical pain chrisitan1990 Men's Health 2 09-20-2005 07:59 AM
persistent pelvic pain Moody-Blue Women's Health 2 12-26-2004 08:54 AM