It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2005, 09:42 AM   #1
(female)

Candimichelle HB User
Question Cymbalta (duloxetine)

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia three weeks ago, although I have had FM for almost four years now. I've been taking Prozac (Fluoxetine) to help cope with my depression. After being on Prozac for 1 1/2 years it no longer helps me. One of my doctors suggested duloxetine (Cymbalta). Has anyone taken this perscription? If so, did it help?

Old 12-21-2005, 10:58 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

hangin HB User
Re: Cymbalta (duloxetine)

Hi Candi,

Welcome to our wonderful board. You have found a place with a lot of love and support. It is also always nice to have new ideas.

I am also looking into taking Cymbaltal. From what I have read about it on the internet it is one anti-depressant that tends to work with fibro pain. Let me know how it works for you and I will do the same.

I do believe that there are some people on this board that take Cymbalta, there might even be a thread for it.

Take care and keep us posted.

Peace and love, Hangin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2005, 04:33 PM   #3
(female)

April414 HB User

I've been taking it for a few months now. I like it. I even got to go off of my wellbutrin and take just the cymbalta.

Old 12-21-2005, 07:31 PM   #4
(female)

Sugar Sugar 31 HB User

I tried it 3 times *one week span, 3 pills*, each time I took one I would puke my guts up. My doc said although I'm not allergic to them per se I am intolerant to them and not to take them any more.
I hope they help you, he did say they were good for depression and FM.

Old 12-22-2005, 12:33 AM   #5
(female)

spiritofsal HB User

I also was on Prozac for many years and wanted to try a different medication for depression because Prozac wasn't working as well anymore. A friend suggested Cymbalta, so I in turn mentioned it to my family doctor. At first he didn't want me to try it because it was fairly new. And, I was under so much stress that he didn't think that that would be a good time for me. At that time he didn't prescribe it. But maybe 3 months later when I asked about it again, he did prescribe it, and said it may help with the pain too.

It hasn't helped me with the pain that I have noticed, but I have only been on it maybe a week. But I can tell you, my depression seems so much better already. What a good feeling that is! I have been depressed for so long, and have had many ups & downs. I am sensitive to so many medications, so when I find one that works, I feel soooooo blessed! I haven't been on it that long, but with the results I have already seen, I would recommend it for sure!

Sal

Old 12-24-2005, 06:17 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

stick2013 HB User

Hi Candi,

I have been on Cymbalta since May, and I am having wonderful, and pleasant changes since being on it. For the first time in years the depression is gone, and it has help so much with the pain that I feel human again. Most of the other anti depressants I have tried have caused very bad side affects, or have left me feeling flatlined with no emotions, Cymbalta just lifted the depression. I can laugh, feel emotions, and cry if I have to.

I hope it works well for you too.

Old 01-02-2006, 02:51 AM   #7
(female)

zak7 HB User

I am doing well on the Cymbalta with very few sexual side effects and also very few weight side effects. I tend to be less depressed and less obsessive. And am only taking 1/2 of the suggested dosage. I did not do well on WB XL, felt irritable.

Old 01-02-2006, 09:16 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

scrapindee HB User

Cymbalta has reduced my depression and pain significantly. It took a few months to settle on a daily dosage but it has let start having a more "real" life.

Old 01-02-2006, 07:19 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

hangin HB User

I am happy to read of the good result many of you are getting from the Cymbalta. My doctor put me on Lexepro after I had been on Wellbutrin for 5 years. I tried to taper off the Wellbutrin but after a few days I just stopped, I get inpatient when it comes to things like that.

The lexepro has helped but I gained 10 pounds in 3 weeks, that is with even watcing my diet more. I go to see my doc on the 20th and am going to talk with him about taking the cymbalta. My PM doc wanted to put me on Cymbalta when he heard I had switched to the Lexepro so I have a feeling it is the right med for me, or at least the right one to try.

I usually do not get excited about taking meds however I am looking forward to taking cymbalta and seeing what it helps me with.

Take care, everyone,

Peace and love, Hangin

Old 01-04-2006, 05:49 PM   #10
(female)

zephyrqueen HB User

I was taking it but it was making me sleep WAY TOO much. I was on the 30mg. So they dropped it back to 20mg but it was still doing the same thing. I was told it would subside after about 2 weeks. I couldn't sleep all day for that long. So I just started taking it about two hours before I went to bed. It really helped me sleep through the night. I also didn't wake up feeling like I'd been hit by a Mack Truck! It's almost embarressing to say but It decreased my sex drive to nill though. So for that reason I had to stop taking it. After being off of it for more than 4 or 5 days I was really hurting again. I'm going to check into Wellbutrin. I've already tried Elivil, Prozac, Paxil, Flexiril, Duloxitene and a couple others that I can't remember off hand. Good luck. It's really good if it works for you.

Closed Thread