It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2005, 12:10 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User
Lightbulb Vitamins/Minerals

Hi Board

I'm just curious about the vitamin/mineral regimes you have found that help you feel better.

Blessings,
Kirstee

Old 12-27-2005, 12:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User
Re: Vitamins/Minerals

magnesium, mineral supplement, malic acid, CQ10, vitamin A, B complex, biotin, Ester E and time release vitamin C, fish oil, flaxseed oil, I think thats it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2005, 10:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User

I first started with a multi-vitamin with minerals as I recall. That helped some in the mid 80's, maybe 1984. Later, I found that the calcium/magnesium pills helped me for two different types of symptoms. They helped me when I had a chest pain attack, and other times I noticed they helped me with the muscle pains that I got after trying to exercise.

I'm cured of all this now, after decades of experimentation. I changed to a healthy diet, had my mercury fillings replaced with less toxic ones, and continued with my herbal teas.

I did see many doctors, but they could do nothing for me, and sometimes made me worse with their drugs. I took the "natural" route to completely turn my life around....

Old 12-28-2005, 02:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

so your saying your fibro free? x

Old 12-28-2005, 09:29 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Yes, absolutely. I no longer have those pains, unless I overdo it on my 19.5 mile weekly runs. I was told in 1978 to not run more than a hundred yard by a doctor.

There are many people that have noticed improvement of their fibromyalgia symptoms by removing their mercury fillings. You'll have to search around and read about it. It's controversial because the medical establishment is still looking for proof, and it's very difficult to tie health problems to mercury fillings (since we all are individuals with a myriad set of different conditions). Look how long it took for them to understand that cigarettes were bad for our health.

For me, I feel it's my healthy lifestyle that has contributed to this healing. Removing the toxins from the mouth is only part of the answer. We must remove them from our bodies as well...and to do it...it requires discipline...and patience. It took me decades to get to the level that I'm at. The reason for this, is that doctors don't understand completely fibromyalgia or its symptoms to cure us. But for some, we have taken our own health in our hands to get cured.

And how easy it is. Can anyone tell us that we shouldn't live a better life, with all the healthy things we know that could possibly get us better?

When I have talked about a better diet here and on other posts, that is where the vitamins and minerals come in. You'll find that many non-processed foods have a very high amount of vitamins and minerals compared to the calories in them. In processed foods, they typically are loaded with sugars which makes it taste good, but there is an increase in the calories. Another example is white rice. By stripping the outer level of the rice "seed", they have removed about 90 percent of the goodness. Then they have to "enrich" this white rice. Have you noticed on a lot of packages that they say "enriched"? White rice is actually brown rice that had been processed (stripped of its outer core). Our bodies are starving for these good vitamins and minerals...so we eat more and more of the junk foods with little vitamins and minerals...gain weight...and the results can hurt our health.

Eating nuts, grapes, seeds, raisins and other high fiber foods are great for the intestinal track, and removing toxins too. If one starts with these natural foods, please do it slowly, and chew the food slowly too. Take baby steps towards your health, but keep consistent with a plan. Find the combination that works for you.

Last edited by rhody; 12-28-2005 at 09:45 PM. Reason: spelling and correction

Old 12-28-2005, 10:07 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

I can write more about this subject, about vitamins and minerals if you would like. I did so much experimentation.

Well, when I found that the calcium/magnesium pills helped, I decided to change my diet and I looked for foods that were high in these. I started drinking more milk, but that just really didn't work out so good, to have that much more milk (didn't do well with the digestive tract). Then I started eating almonds, spinach, and brocolli. Those foods helped. Not only did I want to eat better, with more healthy foods, but also with foods higher in those two components. This early experimentation was many years before I had the mercury fillings replaced, or had any clue that these were linked to my pains.

After I started eating better (this was about 1984), I could run a little bit. I was running about 5 miles a week. I was running about 2.5 miles on Wednesday, and the other 2.5 miles on the weekend. I ran with some pain, but I could finally run (even if I looked like I was running like a 90-year-old person). My leg muscles ached and the shin bones really hurt, though. I found that Ginseng helped unravel the shin bone pains. I don't know why I hurt so much, and why the Ginseng herb helped.

After all, remember that we are just going by how we feel, not what is scientifically proven. I guess that why we are not afraid to do healthy things, and see what happens.

Last edited by rhody; 12-28-2005 at 10:11 PM. Reason: spelling and additional information

Old 12-30-2005, 05:07 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

Hi Jrhody:
Sounds like you've found a good solution! I too, am doing very well but it was a combination of things. I started on the guafenesin, started on a low-carb diet, and daily excercise all helped to turn me around. I eat healthy stuff, far cry from the junky diet I used to eat. I thought it was interesting that you found the magnesium/calcium helped you. I've found the same thing helped me. My dentist has been removing old almagam fillings as they age; it was not because of the mercury. But maybe that helped too, I just don't know. I do not have any almagam left, just composite fillings.

Thanks for responding!

Blessings,
Kirstee

Closed Thread