It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2006, 03:47 PM   #1
(female)

pallas HB User
Burning Pain in upper body

Hi... I was diagnosed with FMS & CFS, pinched nerves, osteoarthritis, disk damage, migraines and I'm also an epileptic. Over the past 8 years or so I get this deep burning pain across shoulders, down arms and in all joints of upper body. Is the deep burning pain part of Fibro? arthritis? what?? It's made worse with exersion or stress. Is there anyone here with similiar symptoms, and what do you do for it?! Thanks!!

Old 01-17-2006, 07:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User
Re: Burning Pain in upper body

Yes, I have the kind of pain you describe, I believe. I just had a four-day migraine, and the pain was in back and shoulders, shoulder and hip joints, too.
I'd made the mistake of thinking I would start lifting to build up my strength....
Lesson learned.

Seaturtle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2006, 07:39 PM   #3
(female)

April414 HB User

The only places I get the deep burning type pain is my right shoulder and arm and my upper back, sometimes my upper thigh, like in the crease where it joins the rest of my body. Ice packs seem to help that type pain for me the best.
April

Old 01-17-2006, 08:25 PM   #4
(female)

eva73 HB User

I've had burning pain in my upper back for over ten years. Burning usually signifies nerve pain, and mine comes from fibro. Topamax has helped alot with that. Now I just need something to help with the Topamax.

Old 01-17-2006, 09:31 PM   #5
(female)

pallas HB User

Seaturtle, I hear ya! We cannot do the things we used to do, even at the time we think we can... we find out later, we cannot. It sucks! Sorry to hear about your 4 day migraine. Mine usually last 2.5 loooong days. Sounds like the lifting brought on a flare. Take care. Hope you're feeling better !

Old 01-17-2006, 09:40 PM   #6
(female)

pallas HB User

thanks for your responses. Has anyone had a spinal MRI? Does that show nerve damage?? So Eva, you're on Topamax for the burning pain and now you need something for the Topamax. I understand that very well too. Wish there were natural remedies for everything so we don't have to deal with damaging side effects. The only one I've come up with is extra virgin olive oil to take the sting out of the burn. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Old 01-17-2006, 09:47 PM   #7
(female)

pallas HB User

Eva, thanks... I've tried ice on the burning pain but that just makes my whole body freezing cold, it may numb it for a short time but then I'm stuck freezing to death.

Old 01-18-2006, 02:05 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User

I've had burning pain on my skin but not deep in my muscles and joints. Usually precedes a flare. I take Neurontin for it.

Old 01-18-2006, 06:54 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User

I seem to have "traveling" burning pain, usually in neck and left shoulder, but this week it is also visiting the right shoulder, hips, lower back and feet. I wish it would just travel right on out.....lol. Mine ranges from the skin to deep in the joint area or where bone meets muscle, ligament or tendon. Hang in there!
~Mim

Closed Thread