It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2006, 04:16 PM   #1
(female)

galpster HB User
Anyone with bad pelvic/top of left leg pain?

I am having severe pelvic/groin pain along with pain in the top of my left leg. It's all connected together and hard to explain but it hurts so bad. My back is also killing me but that is due to my failed fusion. Anyone else have this type of pain in their left side? It's located in my lower abdominal/pelvic/groin/top left leg - it hurts sooooooooooo dang bad....I read that this is one of the symptoms of fibro (I was diagnosed with fibro 1 month ago.) so I was wondering if this was just the fibro acting up or something else.

Any advice or thoughts would be incredibly helpful!!

The following user gives a hug of support to galpster:
ceaserlucy (11-03-2010)
Old 04-09-2006, 06:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User
Re: Anyone with bad pelvic/top of left leg pain?

Hi Galpster:
I've had a similar reaction as yours that is all part of having fibromyalgia. My doctor explained the pain to me this way: The muscle of the thigh and butt are very large, and so the metabolic matter that settles into this area gets really deep into the muscle. When you are cycling in that area, it becomes very, very painful and inflammed. It is common to have the same metabolic matter settle along the ligaments in your groin and that is the pain you are experiencing there. Having this other complication of the failed fusion probably doesn't help at all. You have my sympathies. Have you tried applying aspercreme directly to that area? That's like putting a bandaid on a gaping wound, but it might help a bit.

Blessings,
Kirstee

The following user gives a hug of support to kirstee:
ceaserlucy (11-03-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2006, 07:14 AM   #3
(female)

countrygal HB User

Yes i have this problem also. If i touch that area it hurts and feels like the skin is on fire. I have found no relief. If i move around it is bad and if i lay still it still is painful. I just have to wait for it to go away, which someimes takes days. But i haven't found out if it is FM or not. Good luck and hope it passes quickly for you. If you find out something helpful please share.

Old 04-11-2006, 06:09 AM   #4
(female)

Emmabean HB User

I have terrible pain in that area too. However, mine really became inflamed during a pregnancy. Now I'm 5 months past delivery so it's the fibro taking over. The only thing that helps is heat like a hot whirlpool but I do use Aspercreme.

Old 04-19-2006, 01:23 PM   #5

BlessingsGalore HB User
Lightbulb Re: Anyone with bad pelvic/top of left leg pain?

Could it be your BLADDER ? Interstitial Cystitis (a symptom of Fibro) is a mean illness that causes that kind of pain. Even radiates down into the thighs and legs sometimes.

Not to scare you, but to inform you. Blessings.....

The following user gives a hug of support to BlessingsGalore:
ceaserlucy (11-03-2010)
The Following User Says Thank You to BlessingsGalore For This Useful Post:
ceaserlucy (11-03-2010)
Closed Thread