It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2006, 06:14 AM   #1
(female)

PollyGirl HB User
Anxiety or Panic?

What more could possibly go wrong with me

I've had this before but nothing as severe as I did two days ago. I was driving around doing my usual errands on very familiar roads and had the music turned up and singing along feeling pretty good and then WHAM! While sitting at the light, I was about ready to crawl out of the car window........I had to turn down the radio, open the window and felt dizzy and sick and forgot where the heck I was going.

I am beginning to get terrified to get in the car anymore and not sure if this is anxiety or panic? What the heck is going on???

Old 04-21-2006, 10:50 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Anxiety or Panic?

hi polly,
may i suggest you cool it on the radio. too much input was coming into you. we have to be so careful of that.
i doubt that it was panic or anxiety. always best to check with your doc tho. i have the same thing happen. heightened sensitivity to input. it is actually easy to adapt to. which is a good thing, yes? control your input. sometimes i pull over to the side of the road and just rest my brain for a few. driving takes alot of brain and body co-ordination. i keep my errand to 4 or less, always. you can do this. smells, sounds, motion, light, it all comes at us all day.
we are princesses tho. we must have ours in delicate tiny doses.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2006, 11:47 AM   #3
(female)

cmsaint HB User

I can realte . I have anxiety GAD and also Fibro and I feel at my wits end EVERYDAY! All my symptoms that are either being caused by anxiety or Fibro (I hear they both can cause similar symptoms) are driving me crazy.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:48 PM   #4
(female)

PollyGirl HB User

Thanks for the suggestions BLL ~ I was so surprised how fast this hit me after I had been feeling so well. I do know that smells of any kind are very overwhelming for me since I was exposed to Toulene and Acetone at my previous job. I have been diagnosed as having Multiple Chemical Sensitivities and never had that problem before that job

cmsaint - I do hope you feel better soon

Closed Thread