It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2006, 06:37 AM   #1
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Cool having surgery!

hi friends,
i am so happy. get your fanny in the back seat fibro mate! i went to the ortho surgeon yesterday. on may 15th i will be having knee surgery to repair years of good hard use. the miniscus (sp?) and we may have to grind a bit on a bone to smooth it again. won't really know till we get in there. he said i could have a spinal and watch the whole procedure or be knocked out. i really would like to watch. invading my spine is not worth it tho. darn!
he is going to treat me as he would an athlete so i will be in aquatic therapy on the 4th day post op. yeehaa! an athlete, can you believe that? i swelled up with pride when he said that. me? an athlete? well, hey, why not? i patted my body later and told her how proud i am of her.
i have had this since i was 20. that's 30 years! so as i turn 51 i will be on my way to freedom from a pain. and freedom from any pain is on my top ten list of things to enjoy!
so, no getting complacent for this girl. gotta keep up the dancing and walking and all the other little exercises and stretches. he says i will breeze thru this. why? because of my attitude and the condition of my body. he says it will be a great pleasure for him to operate on me. hope he is as good a surgeon as he is a nice person.
i have been all giggly since yesterday afternoon.
i have small concerns about fibro. my fibro mate does love to focus on my weakness. well, i will just have to hide this one, won't i? giggle.
peace,
bluelakelady

Last edited by bluelakelady; 04-26-2006 at 06:42 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2006, 12:16 PM   #2
(female)

yourkie HB User
Re: having surgery!

Congratulations and best of luck! Yourkie

Old 04-26-2006, 10:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User

That is wonderful Blue! I have had the miniscus repaired in both knees, and as good of shape as you are and the wonderful positive attitude you have will make this breeze by before your fibro mate has a clue anything has happened . Pop us a reminder a couple of days before so we can add that to prayer! (You know how our minds are....lol)
~Mim

Old 04-27-2006, 06:48 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

thank you mim and yourkie,
have we met yourkie? ah, fibro fog. i am glad you found this place and have chosen to incorporate this space into your journey with fibromyalgia. it's a comforting place filled with good loving hearts. like home only you don't have to show up if you don't want to! giggle.
gotta get dancing. today is expected to hit the 80's. i am so very ready to wear almost nothing, play in the sun and simply be. oh, and dig that garden too! tee hee.
i will pop a note in right before. knowing the energy that can be created here, one would be batty not to plug in, yes?
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 04-28-2006, 02:58 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Good going blue! You deserve two good knees as much dancing as you do. An athelete well of course we knew that!! No one dances, works in the garden and kayaks and all that you do without some ability. My friend had two knee replacements and had the spinal for each one he said it was great, but like you said needles and the spine aren't always good companions.

Your surgery is on the same day as angelbrothers so I will be dancing and praying that day for both of you.

Glojer

Old 04-28-2006, 08:38 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

wishn HB User

ahhh Blue...I haven't been around for awhile...too much work and a bit more ouchy. I am so, so happy to hear about the news. You will be in my thoughts and heres a tight squeeze hug. Annie

Old 04-29-2006, 06:22 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

oh my goodness, hi annie!!
long time. it is always beyond wonderful to be visited by an old friend. how are you?
thanks for the heavenly hug. i really enjoy a good hug. slaps a smile all over me.
i hear the turkeys. time to get to work. so many weeds and only two hands.
giggle,
peace,
blue

Old 04-29-2006, 08:36 AM   #8
(female)

bilij HB User

Goodmorning Blue, good luck with your knee surgery. Thanks for
all the dancing. In my minds eye and to the music in my own ears,
I dance with you. You are a unique lady!
Bilij

Old 05-01-2006, 05:49 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

as are you bilij,
unique and lovely, like an alabama flower in spring. i am delighted you come to dance with me. only 14 days left till surgery! i am changing my bedroom around in case i cannot get in my bed and need a bit of floor space. my bedframe is about 80 years old and very high off the floor. i feel like a princess in it. i do have a step to step up, but with only one leg to use something tells me that is a disaster just waiting to happen, giggle.
it has been years since i used crutches. it is only for one week. last time was a year and a half out of my life, with a toddler. of course i was 25 then, giggle. such energy at that age. one would think since i am twice that age now i would have twice as much energy, ha! yea, right!
time to watch the sun come. be well my sweet alabama flower.
peace, love, joy, hugs,
blue

Closed Thread