It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2006, 11:38 AM   #1

BlessingsGalore HB User
Cool I'm on my way..........YES !!!

I saw Doc at UMC today for second time...........he's shipping me on over to
the PAIN CLINIC there where they are treating Fibro with Methadone.

YES, YES, YES..........................I've waited sooooooooooo long and suffered so much. YES...............maybe I'll finally get some help.

(also guys.................licorice is really helping me. do a google search to see all the things it helps....pain, fatigue, the gut, adrenals ....I really feel like it's helping me..............i've shopped 2 days in a row and you know that's not possible with Fibro...........at least not for me).

WILL let you know how the Pain Clinic goes.

Old 05-03-2006, 11:53 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: I'm on my way..........YES !!!

blessings come! how wonderful for you! i eat anise seeds. i love them.
i am so happy for you. in my mind i am doing one of my famous, or maybe infamous, giggle, cartwheels.
i know, i will go do a dance for you. that i can do!
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2006, 12:58 PM   #3
(female)

JenniferEvelynn HB User

I googled licorice - wow, it sure seems like it can help a variety of health issues. I love licorice candy, but according to the article I read, licorice candy is flavored with anise oil, not the natural ingredients in licorice that are beneficial.

Also, the article stated not to take licorice for longer than 6 weeks because it can cause many problems, including high blood pressure, lack of potassium, etc. Sounds scary, so I'm not sure it's actually something that we should be taking for an extended time.

Blessings... are you taking this under a doctor's care or on your own?

What do you think?????

God bless, Jen

Old 05-03-2006, 01:44 PM   #4

BlessingsGalore HB User
Lightbulb Re: I'm on my way..........YES !!!

Yes Jen, you are soooo right. I should have posted that myself.

Actually, I think you are suppose to take it for 3 weeks and get off of it a week kind of thing.

Yes, told my Doc I was taking it this morning.

Will tell Pain Clinic also. I can't tell you how much better I feel on it. I'll do the 3/1 off regimen.

Old 05-03-2006, 02:08 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

So happy for you that help is on it's way. Keep us posted on how you are doing and how the pain clinic is helping you. The licorice thing sounds interesting, I don't care for licorice that much but it is worth a look on the net.

Glojer

Old 05-03-2006, 02:15 PM   #6

BlessingsGalore HB User

This is not Licorice like the candy I'm talking about... .............it's the herb and is chewable, and made to be taken in a medicinal way. Mine taste like Carmel........that's what it's flavored with.

This is called "DGL Licorice Wafers". Mine is in a chewable tablet form as I said. Very tasty. Doesn't taste like Licorice at all. Got mine at a health food store and they are very affordable.

Old 05-03-2006, 02:23 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

cool. anise is the herb seed licorice is made from. i eat just the seeds. i grow it in my yard. here it grows wild.
caramel, hmmm. maybe that would be good for winter when the seeds are hard and don't taste the same as those tender green ones in late summer.
thanks,
blue

Old 05-03-2006, 02:34 PM   #8

BlessingsGalore HB User
Arrow Re: I'm on my way..........YES !!!

Hummmmmmmm, I'll have to think about growing some Bluelakelady. I grow a lot of herbs, but not that one, so maybe I'll give it a go.

Does it help your pain/fatigue ?

Can you TOAST THEM ?

Last edited by BlessingsGalore; 05-03-2006 at 02:35 PM.

Old 05-03-2006, 10:33 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User

Caramel? Did someone say Caramel???? I will eat anything that tastes like Caramel, and it is good for us???? YEA! Not everything that tastes yummy is bad for us.......whooo hooo!
~Mim

Old 05-04-2006, 08:05 AM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

you delight me mim!
blessings, you can toast them, however, if you leave them on till the seeds turn from green they will harden by themselves. it is a lovely tall herb and the young greens can be used in cooking. the seeds and greens are excellent in marinara sauce.
does it help with pain? i have no idea. meditation, breath, exercise, attitude, and laughter are my pain killers. honestly, after so many drugs tried, and herbs, i found it was a lack of conversation between body and mind i was missing. remember we are all different and each of us has to find our right mix. i gave myself permission to be in pain. i gift my body with the same compassion i would gift over to a loved one if they were in pain.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 05-04-2006, 09:13 AM   #11
(female)

yourkie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelakelady
blessings come! how wonderful for you! i eat anise seeds. i love them.
i am so happy for you. in my mind i am doing one of my famous, or maybe infamous, giggle, cartwheels.
i know, i will go do a dance for you. that i can do!
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 05-04-2006, 09:16 AM   #12
(female)

yourkie HB User

Hi, I find you so inspirational. I don't get here often, but when I do it eases some of my pain and depression. Its just been really hard. The hardest was when my pain Doc said , neurontin or I can't help you...and he's an expert!?

Thanks,
Yourkie

Old 05-04-2006, 09:18 AM   #13
(female)

yourkie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourkie
Hi, I find you so inspirational, Bluelakelady. I don't get here often, but when I do it eases some of my pain and depression. Its just been really hard. The hardest was when my pain Doc said , neurontin or I can't help you...and he's an expert!?

Thanks,
Yourkie

Old 05-04-2006, 10:14 AM   #14
Facilitator
(female)

hi yourkie,
you're welcome. what about finding another doctor? i take neurontin at bedtime and it does help with the r.l.s. i also take other meds along with it, several of them.
reminder, there is no such thing as an expert on fibromyalgia pain. personal opinion.
i went thru alot of doctors to find the ones that assist me now. not one of them is a pain mgmt. doc. none of them claim to be experts. they all agree i am the closest one to that status. i live it.
this is your body and your health. no one is going to put that first except you. doctors are helpers, nothing more.
hang tough sister.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 05-04-2006, 01:15 PM   #15

BlessingsGalore HB User
Arrow Re: I'm on my way..........YES !!!

I appreciate a GOOD POSITIVE as much as the next person Bluelakelady, but I'd say what is helping your pain is the Neurotin, more than your positive attitude.

If a positive attitude was all that was needed for pain relief, I'm sure more would BUY INTO IT and there wouldn't be so many pain clinics, rehab centers etc. I think there's a place for encouraging folks to have a good attititude....I hate pity pots.....but a Positive attitude, laughter, walking, singing, humming, dancing, smiling........will not take away all of this kind of pain. DENIAL never gave me pain relief either.

A positive attitude is a GOOD THING..........I HAVE ONE..........and obviously there are many levels and degrees of pain, and I haven't seen my great spirit and good, positive attitude stop this pain YET !

There's a BALANCE that must be found with everything. I think you can't say it's your GOOD ATTITUDE that helps you deal with pain when you are taking a strong drug like neurotin for it. So, give us a little break here OK !

Closed Thread