It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2006, 08:51 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

wishn HB User
Beauty secrets for us fibromites....

Recently I went on the "Beauty and Cosmetics" board. I love learning anything that helps with the aging process (I am 49) and have adored make-up since I was 16. With all of the pain and other challenges that we have to deal with on a daily basis, it's nice to be able to find new and not so new ideas to enhance our outer beauty. With the lack of sleep for example I have been trying to find easy enough ways to at least help somewhat. There were ideas there. With my pores...so wishing they would disappear...several people suggested mint julep nightly.

I highly recommend the board...it's fun trying new things and we need all of the "feel good" things that we can find.

Made me feel better...hope it does for you too!

Annie

Old 05-10-2006, 10:05 AM   #2
(female)

cals HB User
Re: Beauty secrets for us fibromites....

Thanks for the tip. I LOVE makeup too. I'm am totally for anti-aging. I'm trying to cover up my dark circles under my eyes from my fibro-sleep. lol I will check it out! Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2006, 04:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Thanks for the tip Wishn!

Old 05-16-2006, 08:31 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

wishn HB User

Sure....as long it puts one smile on each of your faces...then I feel good. BTW, since check in on the beauty board and learning some tips there about my face....it has never been smoother and more clear. I really feel good about that and it takes my mind off, just a wee bit....the fibro at times.
Annie

Old 05-21-2006, 08:02 AM   #5
(female)

apetones HB User

hi, same here!!
i have darl circles,blue colour,black under eyes and large pres and blackheads! my skni used to be gorgous! x

Old 06-01-2006, 12:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

oh just wanted to write something on this. I was always a size 4-6, weighed no more than 115 lbs almost my entire life. I will be 52 in july. About 3 yrs ago, i started gaining weight, not much at first but little by little i started to "grow". The pain was just so severe and the drugs i took just so disabiliting that even if i wanted to exercise i couldnt. Ive gone from a size 4 to a size 12 in just that time. Trust me, im not a large eater, i hardly eat and when i do its veggies mostly, but the sugar thing was just overwhelming.
I have also been diagnosed with thyroid problems (hypo) so doc told me that was part of the reason i gained weight, plus i guess the lack of exercise and age. Oh ive been so down lately because of all this. i hardly go out of the house , either hurting too much or dont have the energy or am not "suppose" to be driving due to the pain pills, muscle relaxers and all that stuff.
Soooo, ive ordered me some very pretty , comfy, sexy pjs, silk, satin, etc. Ive also ordered some very nice face creams and all new makeup. even if i cant go out, lol i intend to look my best at home for my hubby. I just give thanks that i have a hubby who doesnt love me for how small i am, but for the real me and he allows me the freedom to buy things i want for myself when i want them, tho i am a saver instead of a spender. but i figured, since i dont buy clothes that much or spend it on going out, that i could afford to a few indulges that will make me feel pretty and good about myself again, lol. looking forward to wearing my new satin pjs lol and having a bit of "normalcy" (is that even a word? LOL ) back in my life. i also ordered ( i do all my shopping online, its great) some new perfume, guess im just trying to feel like my old self again before the pain got so severe that even putting makeup on seemed like a waste of time and energy for me. can anyone identify with this?

Old 06-02-2006, 01:23 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Hi jenetti, I can identify for sure with the putting on make-up being such a waste of my energy. I really stay as comfy as possible these days and if that means no make-up and pants with elastic in the waist and a comfy shirt that moves with me then that is what I do. I really don't have the energy to waste on getting dolled up just to have to take a nap afterwards.

I love my lifestyle now, I had to dress up for years when I worked and being comfy is what I like now.

Glojer

Old 06-05-2006, 04:57 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

i totally understand glojer about the no energy for makeup. i also dress as comfy as possible, elastic pants, larger loose shirts when i feel like it. lately i tend to stay in my pjs most of the day tho, then shower at night and put on a fresh set of pjs which i will wake up with and continue wearing that day. i ordered the larger satin and silk pajamas just cause i like the feel of them, love satin pajamas or loungers. that seems to be the dress of the day mode for me. the makeup i ordered i'll wear, cause i was the type that always wore makeup when i worked and got dressed up. dont feel like getting dressed up, and i hate seeing my worn, bags under the eyes, tired face, so just trying to put a bit of blush and lip gloss, maybe mascara to make myself feel a bit better. thats about the amount of makeup i wear, anything else is like you said, a waste of energy and i dont have that amount of energy. hope all is well with you today hon.
Jen

Old 06-08-2006, 01:07 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti, I like the satin pj's idea. They really are nice and I bet you feel good in them all day. I actually just bought myself some new 'jammies' but they are the knit kind. I have trouble finding pj bottoms with the short or petite length. So I have found some knit ones I like and even though they are just plain 'jammies' it kind of made me feel good to have new pink pj's!

I think just doing simple things to make us feel better about ourselves is a wonderful idea. Massages, bubble baths, new haircut or makeup or beauty products it is all worth it in my opinion.

Closed Thread