It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2006, 12:56 PM   #1
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
monday, monday, so good to me.

spring greetings,
monday is just around the corner, hooray! i show up for surgery at 6am. after having to put this on hold, due to that lovely little stroke, i am at last having my knee repaired. i cannot think of a better way to spend the last day of my 50th year of life than fixing something that can be fixed, giggle. fix me baby, fix me!
i think i will be able to get to the computer. as for the condition of my mind on those big drugs, hey, it's a crapshoot.
it has been at least 25 years since i took percocet. any knowledge would be appreciated. i read the papers the pharmacy gave me. oh, the possibilities. sorta like playing russian roulette, yipes.
i have to stay aware as i am my own nurse and have to keep my leg iced for the first couple of days. falling down with crutches i have done. rips the armpits right off ya.
after all these years with fibromyalgia pain i feel like an old pro. healing pain is different and i prefer it, tee hee. so far no real action from my body. no r.a., no cmp, no fms. tiny echos. of course my knee is not using her inside voice. i keep giving her gentle rubs and saying monday, sweetie, monday.
sunday i will go to the mountain to prepare for surgery. cleansing and meditation, followed by fun with a friend and pancakes with a dog named sleet.
my friend is going to teach me to play chess. that ought to be a crack up with fibro fog. hope he has alot of patience. i thought it would be good exercise for my brain. giggle, we shall see.
be well my friends. many blessings to us all on sunday. a mom is any woman who has ever loved a friend so much they put aside their own needs, and put their friend first.
peace and love,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2006, 01:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User
Re: monday, monday, so good to me.

My dearest friend blue,

All my love and best wishes for Monday. To sleep and to forget fibro and everything else for a short time will be superb won't it ?? Just think after all of this, you will be tripping the light fantastic hee hee !! Enjoy your day of preparation with your friend and sleet. No info I'm afraid on the medication you mention, I'm sure you will get some help soon from one of our lovely family.

Luvs ya

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 05-12-2006 at 01:04 PM.

Old 05-12-2006, 02:06 PM   #3
(female)

xjustdizzyx HB User

Definitely good luck to you!!! I'll be thinking about you!

Old 05-13-2006, 06:15 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hey dizzy,
welcome, welcome, to sanctuary. so nice to find a new face here to greet me this morning. it is a pleasure to meet you. thank you for your thoughts.
goldie old girl, i will have a blast tomorrow. if i must be good, and stay in bed, well i simply have to go have one last hoorah. to last me till i can play again. giggle.
did i mention i am going to the mountain just before dawn? the sun and full moon will meet over the lake. big magic. i have a feeling it will take my breath away. i know i shall stand atop the mountain and dream of having wings.
peace, love, hugs, breath and water,
bluelakelady
ps. i am happy to report my fibrobuds have been spotted vacationing in jamaica. i hear they got falling down ripped and forgot where i live. giggle, what are they drinking down there?

Old 05-14-2006, 12:54 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Blue I have it from a reliable source that your fibro buds have fallen into a large vat of tequila and are drinking their way to the bottom, they won't be around for a long time. At least long enough for you to have some healing time. Have a wonderful time on the mountain, it sounds beautiful. I will be that little wisp of air that gently flows past you to give your body magical healing powers.

Enjoy the sleep.....from the drugs that is..giggle! Don't know much about percocet, I'm not good with those kinds of drugs, my body doesn't like them and I get a little too goofy feeling so I stay away from them. I have enough problem with 'goofy' on my own without the drugs.

Good luck with the chess game also, sleet would be a better partner than me, for some reason I have never had the desire to learn chess. Who knows maybe in my old age....hee..hee!

Glojer

Old 05-14-2006, 01:32 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Blue I just read on another thread that Tues. is your birthday. Wed. is angelbrothers birthday, you two will need to have a B-day party when you find each other in the world of drug induced sleep. Happy Birthday Blue I hope Tuesday is a wonderful day with the hope of a new year and a pain free knee. So much dancing you can do with two good knees.

Glojer

Old 05-14-2006, 04:32 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Hello my dearest friend blue,

Good luck for Monday.

Luvs ya

goldenwings

Old 05-14-2006, 09:42 PM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

hiya girls,
thanks. i know you will be there with me as i go to sleepy world. angelbrother is a may baby too! cool. i get to be 51. i bet angelbrother is older than me. tell him i will be the one in the nether world with a bald head, great tan, and a cake in my hands.
i will sit here soon as i can to let you all know how i am.
love,
blue
ps. time to, yawn, go sleepy bye.
night.

Old 05-15-2006, 04:17 AM   #9
(female)

DecLady HB User
Glad I popped in today..

Good luck Blue..my thoughts are with you today. I know what you mean about healing from pain...I will take 'regular' pain anyday over the constant fibro aches. I hope your surgery goes well..and you are back on your dancing feet in no time.
Meanwhile...rest when you need to...exercise when you should, eat well..and stay strong!

Old 05-15-2006, 05:05 AM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

hey lady!
how are you? thank you for your thoughts and words. i am getting ready as i write to head out for the hospital. how i will miss my dance time each morning. i will just have to use my imagination for a bit till the time is mine again to dance.
i will be a good girl. i am really excited to be getting this done. 30 years is a long time to wait for technology to provide this answer. i am looking forward to doing some old steps that i cannot do because my knee says, how old do you think you are girl? umm, 16? giggle.
you kids behave, giggle, and i will be back just as soon as i can. i will probably be able to stand on my crutches and read. typing will have to wait a bit.
peace, love and hours of dance without pain,
blue
ps. fibro, my passionate lover, stay away, be silent, behave!

Old 05-16-2006, 06:42 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Hello there blue,

Wishing you the best of days and a wonderful year. New horizons and new challenges. Wonderful new friendships too. I am so happy that yesterday went as well as can be expected.

By the way, I am sure your dancing helped my clots to vanish hee hee !! So today is another day, and one I look forward to. The rain has never stopped in my part of the world, but it is a cleansing for all of the earth. Even the weeds in my garden look wonderful with the raindrops glistening on them.

Take care and have a wonderful relaxing time with your friends.

Hugs in the millions from me and compassionman.

goldenwings

Old 05-16-2006, 06:56 AM   #12
Facilitator
(female)

thank you girlfriend,
how fortunate i am to have such a loving support system here. i am doing really good today. giggle, the pills help. took my bandage off to see and change the dressing. it looks good. three tiny holes. almost no swelling. bruising of course. pretty colors.
i have some bruises under my armpits. the p.t. guy got the height wrong. i fixed them yesterday evening when i figured out what was wrong. i am the color of the northern lights. with a tan, giggle.
gotta go back to bed and put my ice pack on. found a stool to rest my leg on so i can come play here. where there is a will there is a way!
love you and compassionman, ever so much,
blue

Old 05-19-2006, 10:26 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi blue, so glad you are among the 'limping'....giggle! I have been thinking of you and everyone on the board but haven't had time to get here. I have thought of you often and wondered how everything went....hooray it must all be good! I love the colors bruises make, it is sort of like tatoos without being permanent.

Take care of yourself and give yourself some TLC. I'm sure your brother is a big help to you. Keep breathing and keep icing, braveman had one of those knee things about 4 yrs. ago and the icing was such a blessing. So glad to hear you can come and visit us while you are recouping. I will try to catch up with the board little by little.

Love Ya!

Glojer

Old 05-19-2006, 02:56 PM   #14
(female)

bilij HB User

Hello Blue, happy belated birthday to you my friend. I can truly
say my 50's and 60's were good years for me and I pray yours will
be rewarding and filled with joy. I typed you a long post about my
arthroscopy experience.....after I read it over, I deleted it because
it sounded unbelievable even tho it was true. My knee was filled with
Narcan and it felt so wonderful, I cleaned house, went for a walk and
about 8:30 that night the feeling came back. I think I took eight 10mg
Lortabs before morning. (That's a condenced version of the post I deleted)
I've had some bad days lately. It bothers me that I can't do the things
like I used to do and that seems to make the pain worse. Your posts
always makes me feel better because most of our battles are won and lost
because of the way we think......you help us think right.
May God bless you with speedy healing our dear Bluelake Lady.
Bilij

Old 05-21-2006, 11:56 AM   #15
Facilitator
(female)

hi kids,
well it has been one heck of a ride. ended up in the hospital thursday night. infection. seems there was an infection going on in my body that went undetected. today is sunday. i just got home a bit ago. not out of the woods yet.
the nurses said they would miss me. we had fun. lots of laughter and play time. no sleep and alot of pain always makes me goofy. almost had to have surgery to clean out the knee but good behavior and i.v. drugs, so far, are proving to be enough. bedrest and such.
i see the doc on wednesday unless we take another turn down infection ally.
cannot stay here. it hurts.
love ya all,
blue
ps. hope all is well with you all. can't sit and read the posts and standing is a no no for now.

Closed Thread