It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2006, 02:27 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kellie2 HB User
do you think her symptoms suggest fibromyalgia??

We desperately need your help and I hope someone on this board can recognize these symptoms and give this family some direction. A friend's 18 year old daugher woke up two weeks ago with hives all over her body, and muscle swelling....36 hours later she was in the hospital and has been in intensive care ever since. NObody knows what is wrong with her, and she is in so much pain throughout her entire body, even morphine doesn't help. Her dad said when he helped her to the restroom yesterday, she was screaming because of the pain, you simply cannot touch her anywhere. What on earth is wrong?? They have done blood tests, muscle biopsy, every test you can think of, and they don't show anything. They have tested her for Lupus, Rhuemetoid Arthritis, anything and everything, they have 8 doctors on her case right now and not one of them can identify her symptoms and what is causing them. The hives are gone, but she's had this incredible pain throughout her whole body for almost two weeks now, and says even her heart hurts.
Can anyone at all on here help? Does this ring a bell with anyone at all??

Old 05-16-2006, 12:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User
Re: do you think her symptoms suggest fibromyalgia??

Wow, that is terrible to go through. It sounds like something was triggered in her body that is causing her pain receptors to go through the roof. Not sure of what that could be, but will send a prayer for understanding for her doctors, relief for her and her family.
~Mim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2006, 03:32 PM   #3
(female)

CTuit HB User

Silly question but starting with hives, have they checked for some sort of severe allergic reaction. Allergies can cause some extreme reactions in some people.

Old 05-17-2006, 01:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Hello there kellie2,

I am so sorry to hear of this. Personally, I don't think that it is fibro related. One thing about it was the swelling you mentioned. Just a thought here, not in a medical way of course. Recently in a newspaper article in the UK a chap had swellings, and so many unexplained things happening to him which made him so very, very ill, and the final test done on him was for TSS - Toxic Shock Syndrome. I know this is normally asociated with ladies because they use intimate sanitary products, but it can also affect anyone as it can result in the system breakdown just as you spoke of.

Maybe it is worth mentioning to your friend and then she can speak to the doctors about it. Anything at this time must be worth a try mustn't it?

Please let us know how things go and know I am thinking of you all.

Take care

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 05-17-2006 at 01:41 PM.

Old 05-17-2006, 03:24 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User

I am sorry that I don't have any help or clue what is going on. I only posted to tell you that I am right this minute saying a prayer for the doctors to find out what wrong. She shouldn't have to be in so much pain.
God bless
Deena

Closed Thread