It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2006, 07:21 AM   #1
(female)

cals HB User
anxiety coming over me!

I'm in so much pain some days then others I'm in about half the pain. Now it hurts from my collar bone up to my ear. Just on the left side. My anxiety has kicked into high gear. I feel like what if it is cancer. Or something they missed. What if, what if, what if??? I hate when I get this way. I try to calm myself down but then I feel a sharp pain somwhere...anywhere...and anxiety overwhelms me! I don't wanna be afraid anymore. I keep telling myself if cancer something would of showed in my blood work. Something to suggest it?!?! I keep reminding myself that the morning stiffness is part of fibro. Everything points to fibro. Even the anxiety. But I just feel sick inside full of what ifs.....
Cals

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2006, 11:56 AM   #2
(female)

LadyGwen HB User
Re: anxiety coming over me!

You just described the EXACT thing I go thru almost on a daily basis..I hate the 'what if's' I hate the red throbbing ears ,I hate the left side of my head hurting (my left hurst more than my right) I am always thinking 'maybe my doc is a quack ' I was diagnosed last Aug.

Everytime I get a pain I have a panic attack,and sometimes I cannot talk myself down.

I don't want to be afraid anymore either but right now I am not used to not being able to have the life I had before the fibro invaded.Heck I don't even know if anyone ever gets used to this stuff

*hug*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2006, 12:19 PM   #3
(female)

aaronon HB User
Smile Re: anxiety coming over me!

Hi,

You don't get used to it, you just learn after a while to deal with it better. I've always said that if I could get through the anxiety, the pain wouldn't get to the level it does at times. But, when you hurt so bad to begin with and theres no hope of it leaving anytime soon, thats when the anxiety is deadly (as far as I'm concerned). If I could control my anxiety, I believe I could make it okay.

Hang in there, do you have a doctor yet? Maybe discuss with them something for the anxiety... just an idea.

aaronon

Closed Thread