It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2006, 09:32 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User
Dreaming in pain

I read one of your posts that mentioned dreaming in pain and I thought how odd! Well, the last two nights I have done just that. Two nights ago I was dreaming that I was happy about something and started jumping up and down. Then I crumbled to the floor because it hurt my legs so much. Then last night I dreamt I was looking at a new purse. Going thru all of the pockets ect. Then my fingers were so stiff and sore that I couldn't close the pockets and needed help.
The strange thing is I quit dreaming about six years ago with the birth of my first son. Now my dreams are so vivid. And so strange. I hardly sleep so this is strange.
Just wanted to share my newest symptom so to speak. Hope you all are good. Trying to keep cool. I live in the high desert in California. And it has been in the 90's.
Have a good day my fibromates!!!
Deena

Last edited by MOMOFBOYZ; 05-19-2006 at 09:33 AM.

Old 05-20-2006, 07:23 PM   #2
(female)

AirForceMom2 HB User
Re: Dreaming in pain

Hi Mom. How interesting that you are dreaming in pain. Are you taking any new meds? I had very vivid, not bad, but extremely vivid dreams when I tried to take wellbutrin to quit smoking. I kind of enjoyed the dreams, I seemed to be at parties every night in a new place. Just curious if you are taking new meds? I hope you have a good dream soon since you are dreaming again. Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2006, 12:52 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User

Hi AirForceMom
Yes I just started taking Levythorxine for my Hashi's. I have been on it for two weeks. Hope the dreams get better and better.
Thanks for the input.
Deena

Old 05-23-2006, 02:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Just my two cents in here. I think when we dream we are in pain, we are. There are times I dream about my wrists or hands or whatever hurting and when I wake up they are hurting because I am in a weird position or because they just are hurting.

It is like the old joke about dreaming you ate a giant marshmallow and you woke up and your pillow was gone. I really never thought that joke was funny, but I think it makes the point.

Just my opinion.

Glojer

Old 05-29-2006, 12:59 PM   #5
(female)

buddy100 HB User

I have nightmares in PAIN. Especially when I am in a flare-up. My husband makes sure I get out of bed to wake up and get out of the dream. Other wise, I just go right back into it and I do moan and sometimes scream out with the pain. It makes for a ruff night for both of us.
Good luck and good health

Old 05-29-2006, 02:34 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Buddy, I can imagine a rough night for sure! Then you don't get the sleep you need to keep the fibro buddies away the next day, what a crazy life we lead sometimes.

Glojer

Old 05-29-2006, 04:02 PM   #7
(female)

buddy100 HB User

Glojer: Your right about a good nights sleep. But I have to say, when the flare-up flares-down a bit, I do sleep rather well. There are the nights that I'm up and down, but mostly down...and I can't complain. Years ago, I couldn't sleep thru one night for months. I'm on Cymbalta and B-12 and Folic Acid and Clozopam which all help me sleep. On top of that I take other supplements to relax the muscles and help my sleep. Hope your sleeping well.
Good Luck and Good Health

Old 05-31-2006, 05:30 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi buddy, I have been doing well with the sleep the last few nights. I take a 10mg ambien and a 10mg baclofen and 25mg OTC benadryl and that ususally does the trick. If I don't sleep, the whole family knows it the next day, I am so crabby!

Glojer

Old 05-31-2006, 05:54 PM   #9
(female)

buddy100 HB User

Glojer: Glad to hear that works for you. I wait all day long for a good nites sleep. And it feels wonderful when I go to bed, drift off, and then it's Sun Up Time. (my grandson always wakes me saying that...isn't it cute?)
Have a good nites rest, Glojer.

Old 05-31-2006, 05:55 PM   #10
(female)

buddy100 HB User

Glojer: Glad to hear that works for you. I wait all day long for a good nites sleep. And it feels wonderful when I go to bed, drift off, and then it's Sun Up Time. (my grandson always wakes me saying that...isn't it cute?)
Have a good nites rest, Glojer.

Closed Thread