HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Fibromyalgia (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/fibromyalgia/)
-   -   Follow up Dr visit (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/fibromyalgia/394273-follow-up-dr-visit.html)

MOMOFBOYZ 05-23-2006 04:20 PM

Follow up Dr visit

I went for my first follow up dr visit re Fibro. He said my symptoms are atypical. He usually sees patients with fibro show up with pain and fatigue only. Not my list. I printed a list one of you were kind enough to send me and he laughed at it. He said it was easy to make a "laundry list" of symptoms. He said my dry eyes for example would have nothing to do with it. My numb and tingly hands and feet does not go with fibro. The muscle twitches that I get all the time all over my body confuse him. "We need to watch" that!!!
Believe me once I get my thyroid levels controlled by endo I am switching docs again. He did sign a handicapped parking sticker for me. But only gave me until Sept.
Anyway....
Hope you all are doing good today. It is beautiful here in the high desert of Southern Cali. I was lucky enough to go on a field trip with Brandons Kindergarten class today. We went to the mountains and I went on a mile hike. If you can believe it. God was shining down on me. Because Sunday I couldn't even walk. Thank God for good days.
Best wishes to you all today
Deena

jojo 05-26-2006 08:16 PM

Re: Follow up Dr visit

:wave: HI Deena hope you don't feel as I am bugging you...as usual your doctor does not know what the heck he is talking about..You know people with lYme have a thyroid problem, numbness in the hands, feet all of these symptoms to put on a Laundry List? :rolleyes: Oh how I hated going to the doctor...Then like I said after my lyme treatment...I did find a doctor that UNDERSTOOD....this bacteria that I am talking about is like the lyme bacteria which it goes into the brain, joints, muscles, lungs, ect...ect...my eyes had such bad pain behind them for awhile right before I started this last bout of anitbiotics...the eye doctor said I had a MOLE behind my iris...well funny after treatment my eyes don't hurt anymore...fevers gone. When I had lyme I also had to use the handicap parking...Isn't it very odd that these diseases are so alike..m.s. f.m. cfs. lyme...I don't know why and I don't know you but I want you to get well. These idiot doctors just run us in the ground more...Remember Dr. Charles STratton...read his reasearch...

God Bless all of you....

:angel:

MOMOFBOYZ 05-27-2006 02:06 PM

Re: Follow up Dr visit

Hi there! A response to me is never bugging me!!! I love to get mail. I did look up lyme disease but thought it can't be that because I don't have the red spot or bullseye area that most sites suggest.
I'll look up Dr. Stratton right now.
Thanks
Deena :wave:

jojo 05-27-2006 02:36 PM

!!

Good Day Deena...

There is a big percentage of people that do not get that bulls eye rash. That is just "one" reason that people go mis-diagnoised. I had gotten bit and never had the bulls eye..I am not saying this is what you have...but would be nice to rule some things out..

Hoping you and yours have a great day!!

:angel: