It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2006, 05:19 PM   #1
(female)

ddboles HB User
Muscle twitching anyone??

I've been searching symptoms of fibro and I see that it causes muscle twitching - which is one of my main symptoms. However it sounds like the twitching associated with fibro may be painful or only in a specific "tender spot" from time to time? My twitching is painless and it's all over my body... arms, legs, torso, even my rear-end sometimes! I'm wondering if any of you who've been diagnosed with fibro may have had that kind of muscle twitching? Thanks!

Old 05-23-2006, 07:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User
Re: Muscle twitching anyone??

i know i have twitching or rather more like jerking than twitching. its not painful when it happens just very frustrating to me because it happens so unexpectedly and ive been known to suddenly drop a full glass of liquid because of it, or kick the back of a seat of someone in a movie theatre. Ive also had jerks or twitches happen in my rear end, elbows, wrists, fingers, head, shoulder and even in places like shoulder muscles. like i mentioned its not painful to me when it happens just very very frustrating and unexpected.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2006, 08:07 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User

Hi ddboles!
Yes, I have muscle twitching going on all of the time all over my body. The doc who dx me doesn't think it's related. But I have read that it is. I hope so any way. I will have 3 and 4 spots going on at the same time. It doesn't hurt me either but Iknow it's not normal. I am hoping that when my thyroid levels are regulated it will stop. But you never know.
Other than all of this I hope your having a good day!
Deena

Old 05-25-2006, 03:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User

It was more like jerking than twitching. I don't have it anymore.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:21 PM   #5
(female)

jpan HB User

Does anybody have any follow up on the muscle twitching. I have it and have had it for years and am trying to find out what causes it and how to get rid of it. I take synthroid 150 mcg.

Old 04-22-2011, 03:55 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

I get the twitching from time to time, I also get numb and tingly hands and fingers. The twitching in my hands and fingers is weird as heck. They sometimes just do what they want. I think taking neurontin helps that, because neurontin is for the nerve pain of fibro. But it is definitely a fibro thing. We have so much fun don't we?? lolol
peace and love
Sandra

Closed Thread