It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2006, 02:55 AM   #1
(male)

Neelix HB User
Throat problems

I am new to the board.

I have suffered with this for two years. It has become worse over the last 6 months.

Doctoor has put me on Nortrypline and they work great at night but not so well during the day.
I am currentl have throat and neck problems. It feels very tight with sharp pains at the back and side. My throat is also quite sensitive however not sore.

My hands in a morning feel twice the size however that wears off.

Anyone else have throat issues.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2006, 10:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User
Re: Throat problems

Neelix,

Have you had a thorough evaluation of your thyroid. So often thyroid is a complicating factor in fibromyalgia, and it can cause the symptoms you are describing.

If you are being treated by a GP, you may want to ask for referral to ENT. If you ask your doc for a "thyroid test," in all likelihood the doc will only order a TSH, which does not provide enough information. You need to ask that the free levels of thyroid hormones be tested (Free T3, Free T4) and thyroid antibodies (3 tests).

Thyroid problems are highly treatable, and treating them, if they exist, can have a very positive impact on fibro pain.

Best wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2006, 11:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

I get pain running up the sides of my neck and throat, also get hoarse on and on. Been checked out and like always the fm. I get a lump feeling in my throat often also.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 05-24-2006, 02:42 PM   #4
(female)

aaronon HB User

Hi,

I have problems swallowing and pain from swallowing. I also(when i don't have something in my hand to drink) have, it's hard to explain....it's like something catches in my throat and then I can't talk, and I cough, it's pretty difficult, of course I have to drink a gallon of something to make it go away. It happens alot more than the swallowing problem. I always assumed it was "another symptom" in the long line of symptoms of Fibro. I also get pains in both sides some times too.

aaronon

Closed Thread