It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2006, 07:31 AM   #1
(female)

ddboles HB User
Anyone have *chills* caused by Fibro?

I have a lot of the symptoms of Fibro but lately I notice more than anything that I have CHILLS going up and down an arm or a leg a lot. I'm not cold... just chills, goose bumps, then it's gone. Does anyone else have this? Thanks!

Old 05-24-2006, 07:51 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Anyone have *chills* caused by Fibro?

hi dd,
welcome to the boards.
yes i also have the chills. they are heaven in the hot summertime. you get used to it. our bodies do bizarre things. that is a fact we all come to incorporate into our daily lives. you will too.
relax, tell your doctors of course. always good to tell them what is new. maybe have your hormones checked? mine are fine. i also notice the chill factor comes and goes. i can go months without going goosey then a few weeks of it happening alot.
more mismessaging from our delightful brains.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2006, 10:21 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

Me too, but I am freezing all day, everyone is running around with shorts and I have a jogging suit on, I am like this all day. but when it is hot and humid I am hot. I have two fm friends one is like me, we always say we wish we could feel cool in the summer, the other is hot all the times and sweats like crazy all year.

Warm hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 05-24-2006, 11:10 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User

Yeah! But I didn't think it was the fibro. I get chills SO much! They are extremely brief, but, hey.

And, what I always thought was extremely WEIRD, I ALWAYS get chills when I walk out into hot air or get in our hottub or stuff. Everyone's always like, why you got chills, it's so hot!

lol. It doesn't bother me so much, so I find it kinda funny. But I never thought it could be anything to do with the fibro. Huh...

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis
Solar Urticaria (but not officially yet)

Old 05-24-2006, 01:53 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

ALWAYS!! im always getting chills, or goosebumps rather. not sure if theyre pain chills or due to our body not working correctly with our internal thermostat.

Old 05-24-2006, 02:52 PM   #6
(female)

tarnold HB User

I have ALWAYS been hot, my friends call me the "queen of hot flashes." When everyone else was freezing, I was burning up. I would freeze my hubby in the winter time because I had to have a fan running year round. Well now, I FREEZE all the time. It is still chilly her in WV right now, so I am waiting to see how I feel when it really warms up. Have a great evening. Tina

Old 05-24-2006, 07:35 PM   #7
Veteran

jeepbabe HB User

Yep me too! I get chills so bad. It freaks my BF out. He thinks I am having a freaking anurism. LOL! Then I get really cold. Or I get really hot. I am never comfortable. Blah! Yay for temperature changes!

Old 05-24-2006, 08:10 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User

ddboles,
Hi again! Yes, I get this too. A lot. I am not cold. Although the cold makes my hands soooooo stiff and numb I could seriously cry. But I get chills up and down arms and legs. I have no idea what could be causing this????
Deena

Old 05-24-2006, 11:40 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

septemberwoman HB User

I am hot. I am cold. Down go the covers, 5 minutes later, here they come up again. AC on, AC off, on, off. Most of the time it suddenly happens--I don't know it is coming on. I am 49 in surgery menopause and that may be what I am experiencing.

Old 05-29-2006, 12:51 PM   #10
(female)

buddy100 HB User

Yes, I get chills...but notice them mostly when Im laying down. Even when Iam covered up. It don't have to be cold in the room...just get the chills. But...there are awhole lot worse things to have.
Good luck and Good health

Old 06-22-2006, 01:14 PM   #11
(female)

reff HB User

I'm nearly always cold and I always get chills! I didn't know I could add it to the long list of annoying fibro related problems!

Old 07-09-2006, 06:51 PM   #12
(female)

ashraven828 HB User

I've noticed that I've been having chills a lot lately, but I didn't even think about the fact that it might have somehing to do with fibro. I'm glad I read this post!

Closed Thread