It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2006, 07:36 AM   #1
(female)

NataliesMom HB User
Tummy Pain

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced really bad abdominal pain? I've had this happen a few times in the last few months and I'm not sure what the heck it is. I wake up with my stomach hurting, like there's a tearing, ripping going on inside. I don't feel nausea or anything and it isn't on one side, it's right in the middle, all around the radius of my belly button from side to side.

I went to the doc when this happened back in Jan. (before my dx of Fibro) and he had me tested for appendix bursting, and that aortic thing that runs down the middle. A CT showed nothing expect a cyst on each ovary, which eventually went away. I had an upper GI done to check for any leaks or blockages and that was find. I'm just not sure what's going on with me.

Then yesterday afternoon, I felt awful, I had waves of nausea and my fatigue was overwhelming. I felt better laying down, but when I stood up I'd feel bad again.

Anyone ever experience anything like this with their Firbo?

Old 05-24-2006, 10:02 AM   #2
(female)

Heather_Brennan HB User
Re: Tummy Pain

I experienced horrible pains in my abdomen and every time I went to the dr she just put it off as being part of my fibro. I went to the ER a month ago because it was so bad I thought I was having an appendicitis. After they ran a million test the found that I had a really bad infection in my uterus. Apparently when I had my babies 13 months earlier a piece of my son's placenta was still inside of my uterus. I never had a DC or anything afterwards and after having the infection for 13 months, my right ovary became infected too and I have some major problems from it all. But I took IV antibiotics and then on a regiments of really strong antibiotics for the next 2 weeks. I felt instantly better the day after I started the antibiotics. The pains you are describing are almost identical to the ones I had. Us women have to deal with all of our women problems which sometimes include quiet little infections like this. When I was at the ER, the dr I saw told me that fibro can cause pain anywhere in the body but doesnt usually occur in the abdomen region, mainly because fibro attacks the joints and there arent any in your tummy. I would go to your gyno and get tested for an infection. Hope this helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2006, 01:52 PM   #3
(female)

aaronon HB User

Hi NM,

I have really bad pain in my tummy along with nauseau, bloating, burning, etc. It's called IBS, which is a symptom of Fibro. Ask your doctor about it. Look it up on the internet.

Good luck,

aaronon

Old 05-24-2006, 03:55 PM   #4
(female)

NataliesMom HB User

Thanks guys/gals.

An infection in the uterus? Wow, I had my last baby 3 years ago. I see him next month for a yearly so I will ask him about checking it out. It's funny because it doesn't last long, day wise, but when I have it, it's awful. I've only had it happen 3 or 4 times since January when they found nothing. Thanks for the tip. I

IBS? I do have that, but this is a different type of pain than the IBS pain. I'd rather have IBS pain. This pain actually is more painful than labor contractions. Good thinking though. Is't IBS great. I don't have the really gassy kind, thank gosh. Mine is more caused from my MS and now my doc thinks the fibro is playing a hand in it.

Thanks you two. Take care. I'll get it checked out next month I suppose.

Closed Thread