It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2006, 08:34 PM   #1
(female)

Heather_Brennan HB User
doctors

I went to a physiologist today and he told me I need to see a rhemtologist. When I got home I called my dr's office to ask for a refferal (for insurance reasons). I was directed to the office manager who told me I was no longer a patient at the clinic. Two weeks ago I applied for SSI. Right now I am on public assistance (I'm not some lazy bum, I was a school teacher and almost 2 years ago I got pregnant to my at the time fiance who wanted me to have an abortion, when I wouldnt he kicked me out of our house and even got violent with me so I moved away with absolutely nothing. Not only did I have one baby but I had twins and I am raising them all alone minus child support, then when I got sick and couldnt work anymore I had no option but to get public assistance. Not that I really feel the need to explain myself but I know alot of people look down on public assistance.) Anyways after my initial application to SSA, they sent papers to my doctor to fill out. She refused to fill them out because she doesnt want to be involved with an SSI dispute, anyways this is what I am told. Therefore she no longer wants me as a patient. There hasnt been anything disputed yet because my case hasnt even been reviewed. She is the one who diagnosed me with fibromyalgia and signed papers with the assistance office for my temporary disability. Someone from her office called the assistance office and had those papers pulled. And now since I am not even temporarily disabled, the assistance office told me I need to find a job working 40 hours a week or else I will loose my medical coverage and assistance for my children and myself. (Its one of the stipulations of being on public assistance) And to add gravy to the potatoes, they contacted my pharmacy and cancelled all my prescriptions for next month. I have 5 days worth of ultram and my anemia medicine left. After that I have nothing. So I found another dr immediately today. The problem is it is going to take two weeks to get all my medical records completely transferred. After recieving my medical records she wants to do a work-up on me complete with MRIs, EKGs, Xrays and blood test, she cnat have me sent to do any of these until I see her. She wont prescribe me any medication until she has enough evidence to concurr my diagnosis of fibromyalgia with my other doctor. And before she will dianose me with fibro she wants to rule everything out. The ultram doesnt do alot for me but it does enough that I can get moving around a little during the day. I dont know what I am going to do, Ive been upset all evening because I am in so much pain. I havent even been able to make dinner in 3 days because I hurt so bad. I starting drinking alot of wine about 3 nights ago just because right now its the only thing I have that can give me some temporary relief, but I dont want to become a drunk. The pain is so awful. And another thing is I have to redo most of my SSI application and I have to put things on hold until I get another diagnosis. Any suggestions for anything I can do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2006, 07:32 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User
Re: doctors

Heather, I am so sorry for all of your problems. I wish I could take them away from you. Unfortunately you are going to have to be strong and fight back.
You are off to a good start by finding a new dr. But for your twins you have to keep fighting. Somehow you have to hang on until you see your new dr.
The only advise I can give you is STOP the wine. Last weekend I had a few drinks with my husband in the spa. I didn't really feel like it but wanted the poor man to have a little piece of the old me back. The next two days the pain from fibro was aggrevated. I won't drink any again for a long time. Until I can get a handle on the pain. It just really made things worse.
Hold on girl! Take deep breaths and pray.
To me if I pray and put all of my worries in Gods hands I know the best will happen.
Hope the others can give you more advise.
Deena

Old 05-26-2006, 05:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

builder HB Userbuilder HB User

I have very bad Fibro. My doctors also would not give me anything for pain. told me to take Alive. Anyway I get my Ultram/Tramadol online, without a persreiption. I was leary about ordering meds online but I am getting the real thing. I would look into filing some kind of complaint with what ever agency regulates doctors in your state. I did that against a doctor who would not give me my medical records. They contacted him and I got them the next day. Also as far as your SSI...get a social security lawyer now. Don't wait, they will give you the runaround for years. A friend of mine had Lupus and the Lupus was closing the arteries in her legs. She could not walk without severe pain. Yet SSi denied her for three years. Told her she can go back to work as a waitress. Well eventually she had both legs taken off above the knee. They finally gave her SSI after they went to the hospital to see her legs were gone.

Old 05-26-2006, 07:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User

Hi Heather,

Do you have any family who can give you support, a temporary place to live, etc? A mom/dad/sibling/aunt/grandma? This is the sort of situation where one needs to call on family ...

Closed Thread