It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2006, 08:51 PM   #1
(female)

oddie HB User
Help,i Need Answers????

Hey Guy's,
I've been waking up in the middle of the night for the past 2 or 3 weeks w/my hands going to sleep&somtimes my arms going to sleep.And i'm not laying on them.I've got a bulging disc,could that have anything to do w/my symtoms?I've read alittle about Fibromyala,I hope it isn't that.Can someone help?
Thanks,ODDIE

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2006, 01:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User
Re: Help,i Need Answers????

Hello Oddie,

Whilst I am not medically qualified and couldn't diagnose, I have just had a think about what you said and it is a bit familiar to me.

Do you get 'pins and needles' too ? This is something that is caused at times a compressed/pinched nerve. Numbness is a similar problem, a body alarm to let us know that something has gone wrong. This can often just be a spinal joint out of alignment, which can be helped normally through treatment by an osteopath. Osteopathy is used to relieve the compressed/pinched nerve by reducing the muscle tension. It also realignes the spine and can improve joint mobility.

However, in some cases if the problem is left unattended, then degeneration and permanent damage could occur. The result will be a more severe, long term pain and numbness.

Just a thought. As I said before I can't diagnose anything but the above might be of help to you. I do hope so.

Take care.

goldenwings

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2006, 02:59 PM   #3
(female)

aaronon HB User
Re: Help,i Need Answers????

Hi oddie,

I get this all the time. I was told severaaaallll years ago that I had 3 bulging discs. I wake up with my arms numb, asleep etc. I watch TV, and if my elbow is sitting on the arm of the couch, I lose the feeling below the elbow into my hand. Same things with my legs. If I'm sitting in church with my legs crossed, I lose the feeling below the knees. Happens alot. I've just learned to live with it, because it seems that the doctor I tell it tooo could care less. (I hate doctors)

Anyway, you may want to have an MRI done to see, if you haven't already. If it gets worse, see someone about it.

Good Luck,

aaronon

Closed Thread