It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2006, 11:31 PM   #1
(female)

faithehopelove HB User
Unhappy is it just me?

i was just wondering if fibro can cause pain in the rib area and upper stomach area? i get these pains there. and it's daily. sometimes its just a sharp pain and sometimes it just feels sore. and then my back hurts all the time too like it goes all teh way around cause its the same spot in my back as in the front. and i get palpitations sometimes when i feel these weird sensations in my rib area. is that normal? i have had heart tests done and they cant come up with anything besides svt when i race. but can fibro cause that? im just scared daily because of the sensations i get in my rib/chest area and back. i even hurt in my legs near my knees and all and somtimes my arm. im always thinking its my heart. ive had to go to the er because of svt a couple of times and i'm worried every day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2006, 12:25 AM   #2
(female)

tutti-fruti HB User
Re: is it just me?

this tenderness and pain around the rib cage area is something that I experience very often and mind you, one of the very first signs of my fibromyalgia condition. I remember going to the orthopedist 3 years ago when this weird thing first started, and I complained about the rib cage tenderness. I also read about costochondritis which is inflammation around that particular area. But in fibro, I don't believe that there is an actual inflammation going on there, just tenderness and pain. During my real bad days when I flare up the most, this rib/stomach areas are so tender that I can barely stand the touch of the bra on me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2006, 12:59 AM   #3
(female)

jpk HB User

Hi,my little one suffered with this pain for months ended up in hospital several times and the only thing that gave her any help was morphine

Old 06-03-2006, 06:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dlh HB User

I am new to Fibro and have had the same pain..........i posted a few days ago so when I saw this I felt so much better. I am sorry you are going through this but I told my hubby today I thought something bad was wrong with me because of this paticular pain so I am glad I am not the only one!
I went through this a few years back too but it was more in my chest & upper back. They told me after several test for my heart it was chest wall pain. What the heck????? I walked away so angry with that answer. I was just finally diagnosed with Fibro in the last month........i am trying to get all the info I can right now but thanks for posting about your pain............I am sending you good thoughts and hope you will find peace.........

Old 06-04-2006, 07:37 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User

I have that too! I have that too! Sounds exactly like your description. Drives me insane and to tears a lot. Last night was especially bad! I use Bengay for the achiness and ice or heat for the sharp pains, just depends which one is going on at the time. Granted, neither help all to much, but, maybe a little. Some of it's psychological . . . it makes it better just that I'm doing SOMETHING to help the pain.

But no, I understand 100%! You described it wonderfully . . . that's how it feels! There's also a post called "SORE? stomach" I posted awhile back (just scroll through a couple of pages and you might find it). That was after this had been going on awhile and it was just so hard for me to describe the pain. The sore part is worse than the sharp pains for me personally, meaning more often, but . . . yeah.

Okay, I have to get going, time for Sunday School!

God bless.

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis
Solar Urticaria (but not officially yet)

Old 06-09-2006, 07:10 AM   #6
(female)

NancyJones HB User

I have also had this pain from the beginning but have thought that it is heartburn at the bottom of my esophagus. I had an endoscopy and they showed some slight reflux there, nothing major. It's the same as yours, right at the bottom of my sternum like a soreness and also at the exact same spot on my back. Not sure if it's fibro or heartburn though. It's annoying but tolerable.

Nancy

Closed Thread