It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2006, 04:24 PM   #1
(female)

Chef Elizabeth HB User
Withdrawl from Ambien

Does anyone know if there are withdrawl symptoms from stopping Ambien after 3 years? What are the symptoms? If you stop taking Ambien but start taking let say Lunesta would you still get withdrawls from Ambien? Has anyone had good luck with Lunesta?

Old 06-07-2006, 07:22 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Withdrawl from Ambien

hi liz,
withdrawal symptoms usually go away within a week. sleeplessness is the main symptom. some people have muscle pain and feel a higher level of anxiety. switching meds should side step any symptoms since they are in the same basic family of drugs. sleeping pills.
i have never taken lunesta. ambien has worked for 5 years. i have skipped a night just to experience the stars. i simply don't sleep. nothing else. no pain.
i hope the new med works for you. i assume, giggle, the ambien stopped working for you?
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2006, 07:46 AM   #3
(female)

Chef Elizabeth HB User

No Ambien didn't stop working for me, but I love it so much that I don't want it to stop working, so I thought I would get off it a while, then go back on it. But it appears that with you doing them for 5 years that it doesn't stop working. That's great news.
I went probably 10 years or more without sleeping well that when I got Ambien I thought I had died and gone to heaven . And I'm not willing to give up my night's sleep for anything. It has been life saving for me, especially working 8-12 hours a day, almost everyday.
I think I'll stick with Ambein for now. Thanks BlueLakeLady!
Maybe you can help me with Ultram, what goes well with it, for break thru pain that is? I had to increase the Ultram so much that for break thru pain it's not working very well. I'm already a 100mg over the limit and I don't want to take anymore than that.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:40 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi liz,
i don't take any pills for fibro pain. it is pointless, for me. they only take the edge off and i lose me. i think i tried it all in the beginning while i was running like hades away from my reality. i do take vicodin es for pain in my jaws and face due to the bone loss. i take 1 or 2 a day. i notice it takes the edge off any fibro pain i am experiencing.
breath, water, exercise, diet and attitude are my pain pills for those really tough days. i am an old hippie. i use natural herbs and on days that seem to be insurmountable i meditate on all the joys in my life. i gift my pain experience over to those in more pain than i that it may lessen their load. when i read about this meditation i was so delighted. my pain could be used for good things. and of course i dance. for real and in my head. my imagination has been my closest friend thru this. i have many lovely places inside my head i visit.
giggle, i just have to say this, giggle. i love not having to do anyone elses laundry! giggle. the only thing i miss is hugging so i have men who are my friends to hug me. i like celibacy. it agrees with me. giggle.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 06-07-2006, 09:44 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

ps. i forgot to say i was told by my rheumy that we fibroable's don't get the same response with ambien. for us, most of us, it just keeps on gifting us with peace filled slumber. ain't life grand!! i agree with you. after years of no sleep that first night is so memorable i have never forgotten it.
blue

Last edited by bluelakelady; 06-07-2006 at 09:45 AM. Reason: typo error

Old 06-08-2006, 05:47 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User

You may be able to find information about ambian withdrawals on the addiction board.

Closed Thread