It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2006, 06:46 PM   #1
(male)

linkin01 HB User
Just need a hug

Hi, I've posted here about my fibromyalgia and how B12 is helping a lot. I just wanted to ask for e-hugs because yesterday and today were just dreadful. I feel like my body is on fire, especially around my eyes and forehead, but of course whole-body too. I don't know what could have triggered this except perhaps the drastic change in weather and barometric pressure here in Los Angeles the past two days. I was able to go to work today because I couldn't afford not to, but oh my god I was just drifting around trying not to cry in front of other people from the pain. It's getting better now in the evening.

Mike

Old 06-08-2006, 07:17 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User
Re: Just need a hug

::HUGS:: We are all here for you.

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis
Solar Urticaria (but not officially yet)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2006, 07:53 PM   #3
(female)

MEmanuel HB User

((((((HUGS)))))) I never thought it might be the temperture change, I live up by Sacremento, and I started a flare about 2wks ago and it shows no sign of letting up. Good thought. Also I noticed your name, I had pet rats for years, they were so good for me, and so smart, they loved us so much. And my daught had them potty trained, and knew a couple commands. Its just hard with the FM/CFS to keep up with right now even though I have seriously thought of getting a pair of females. Hope you feel better and I'm sorry you feel so bad. I hate they burning, I think your amazing to be able to go to work like that. Heres another (((((((HUG))))))) for babbling about myself. ME

Last edited by MEmanuel; 06-08-2006 at 07:54 PM.

Old 06-08-2006, 08:24 PM   #4
(male)

linkin01 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEmanuel
((((((HUGS)))))) I never thought it might be the temperture change, I live up by Sacremento, and I started a flare about 2wks ago and it shows no sign of letting up. Good thought. Also I noticed your name, I had pet rats for years, they were so good for me, and so smart, they loved us so much. And my daught had them potty trained, and knew a couple commands. Its just hard with the FM/CFS to keep up with right now even though I have seriously thought of getting a pair of females. Hope you feel better and I'm sorry you feel so bad. I hate they burning, I think your amazing to be able to go to work like that. Heres another (((((((HUG))))))) for babbling about myself. ME
Yes, I have two boy rats, and they are potty trained. They are very loving and beg for attention. It IS hard to keep up with all my chores---sometimes I think it's almost ridiculous what I have to do just to live, like work, bills, basic cleaning, taking care of the rats---but I would rather have a nice pet than not.

Thanks for the hugs everyone.

Mike

Old 06-09-2006, 03:12 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Just sending you a (BIG) (((((((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))) )))
and hoping you are feeling better in yourself, take care ....Mandy

Old 06-09-2006, 05:24 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi mike,
welcome. we have not met. so many new faces to catch up with. welcome all.
there are no specific documented actions that cause a flare (that i know of.) they just happen. there are things that can make matters worse, like sugar or inactivity. my favorite is sugar! mmmmm chocolate.
you have more than just the pressure down in l.a. i grew up there. you also have polution, noise, crowding, smells, vibrations, lights. depending on what burb you are in those can be anywhere from mello to intense. if you can get out of the city and just have a day of quiet it may help. i seem to remember some lovely places in the los angeles forest. i grew up in granada hills out in the valley. i left after school in 73. it was intense then. i have not been back in years. last time i got lost in hollywood. turned left instead of right. duh! someone built high rises there. thought i fell thru a warp in reality and landed in l.a. proper.
i dance every day. i will send you warm loving hugs full of healing power from the redwood tree, the lake and the many mountains. i will send energy from the bald eagle and osprey.
may you find your way peacefully. there is no rhyme or reason to fibro. it just is what it is for today and it will morph into something else tomorrow. keeps life interesting to say the least.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 06-09-2006, 09:04 AM   #7
(female)

Granniluvs8 HB User

Love that name of yours Mike, ( the one with the rats) (-:

Hope this isn't tpoo late and that you are feeling a little better. I hear what you are going through and weclome to this great board.

I never had rats as a pet but our kids had gerbils many years ago and they welre cute but they were NOT pottytrained !!!

Lots to do so I gotta run !

Granniluvs8 (Marilyn)

Old 06-11-2006, 07:30 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Hey Mike hope you are doing better. I just had a chance to catch up on the board and wanted to say hello and send warm hugs your way.

As blue said, my biggest problem with fibro flares is sugar and lack of sleep schedule. By that I mean I can't get in bed at regular times to get the proper rest. I had a thread on bedtime and flaring a couple weeks ago. Also sugar really zaps my energy so I try to stay away from it.

I hope you are doing better!

Glojer

Old 06-11-2006, 08:12 AM   #9
(male)

linkin01 HB User

Thanks again for the hugs everyone. I'm pretty sure my problem was that I cut back on decaf coffee, pretty suddenly. I was getting withdrawal symptoms. I know it's "only" decaf, but it still has caffeine and lots of other chemicals.

Mike

Old 06-11-2006, 10:27 PM   #10
(female)

MEmanuel HB User

Is caffiene bad for us? I had read to use it sparingly but havent seen anything that said not to use it at all. Pleeeaaasssse God not the mojo in a cup whahhhhh.

Old 06-12-2006, 05:19 AM   #11
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi memaual,
welcome to our family. you have your morning cup. i do. one cup. caffiene is bad for any human in large doses. moderation. so i indulge in my one cup of coffee a day and i don't see any change when i skip it.
again welcome. one can never have enough friends.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 06-12-2006, 10:44 AM   #12
(male)

linkin01 HB User

Re caffeine, I think it depends on the person. I'm very sensitive to caffeine myself.. I get wired a dangerous degree if I drink two cups of coffee, and get fierce withdrawal symptoms from stopping a one-cup-a-day habit. To me that says it shouldn't be in my system at all. It has a nine-hour halflife, which means if you drink it mid-day, a lot of it is still in your system at bedtime. If you do drink it, morning would be best. If you have difficulties with insomnia (raising my hand here) it might be best to eliminate it and at least see if the insomnia improves.

Mike

Old 06-12-2006, 05:03 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User
Wink Re: Just need a hug

Hiya everyone,

Just a quickie on the caffeine. Gives me a thumping headache, so I drink decaff coffee, no difference in taste, but no headache. I can't stand decaff tea though yukky yuk yuk !!

Let's me get on with my usual/normal headaches hee hee !!

Take care

goldenwings

Old 06-12-2006, 06:08 PM   #14
(male)

linkin01 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelakelady
you have more than just the pressure down in l.a. i grew up there. you also have polution, noise, crowding, smells, vibrations, lights. depending on what burb you are in those can be anywhere from mello to intense. if you can get out of the city and just have a day of quiet it may help. i seem to remember some lovely places in the los angeles forest.
You have a good point. I think the pollution hurts me pretty bad. I try to stay indoors and use an activated-charcoal filter.

Quote:
i will send you warm loving hugs full of healing power from the redwood tree, the lake and the many mountains. i will send energy from the bald eagle and osprey.
That's a beautiful image. I also think animals have great power, and some of them appear in my dreams and meditations. I won't say which animals because I'm so private about it (for now) but thanks so much.

Mike

Old 06-13-2006, 05:33 AM   #15
Facilitator
(female)

not to worry mike.
we all start out here stepping gently about, testing it to see if it is safe to really let ourselves out to be seen. it is. it's cool.
when i left l.a. (back in the dark ages, giggle), the first thing i noticed here in nor cal is how much better i felt. i could breath. real air you can't see! i was only 18 at the time so the change was a mind blow. and the quiet. oh, shall i send you and image of the stars?!
outside my slider is a redwood tree. she is about 30 years old. she is the rock i hold on to when my world slips sideways. i have no special affinity with a certain animal or plant. birds bring me messages. they send me where i am needed. i have the honor of being a window for the magic. lizards visit me as i sun myself. we chat. they are silly and sweet.
how far are you from the beaches? i think of you staying indoors and worry you are not getting enough exercise to keep your fibromate healthy.
time for me to hit the shower. laser surgery on my right eye today. i am so excited. i had the other one done a couple of weeks ago. after today i should be good to go for another 50 years and see where i am headed! if it were not for the technology i would have no choice but to go blind. bless the imaginations of our world.
my lavender sends you gentle scents to sweeten your dream state. rosemary sends you manpower. from the mountains each plant sends you a breath of clear pure oxygen. breath deep. sunrise is coming on a dense day so reminicent of l.a.
peace,
bluelakelady

Closed Thread