It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2006, 07:42 PM   #1
(female)

lilbear1978 HB User
Unhappy I Can't Take This Anymore:(

Hey I have posted here many times about my FM...Since last sunday It has been just horrible...I really don't know what to do anymore...My meds are not doing anything...My body is killing me from the top of my head all the way to my feet...It is just killing to type this message...I have slept 10 hours in the past 8 days I can't remember what I did this morning...I am lucky to have my brother living with me to help with my kids(7 and 2) or I don't know what I would do...I just don't know how to cope anymore...PLEASE HELP

Old 06-13-2006, 12:36 PM   #2
(female)

galpster HB User
Re: I Can't Take This Anymore:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbear1978
Hey I have posted here many times about my FM...Since last sunday It has been just horrible...I really don't know what to do anymore...My meds are not doing anything...My body is killing me from the top of my head all the way to my feet...It is just killing to type this message...I have slept 10 hours in the past 8 days I can't remember what I did this morning...I am lucky to have my brother living with me to help with my kids(7 and 2) or I don't know what I would do...I just don't know how to cope anymore...PLEASE HELP
I wish I could be there to give you a great big hug but since I cannot the only words of wisdom I can offer is: This too shall pass. Take a deep breath then take another one and remind yourself you are not alone. I don't if you are a believer in Christ or not but if you are he will give you all the strenght you need all you need to do is ask (I know it's easier said then done) If you are not a believer he is still there and all you have to do is ask.

I too have been going through a lot of pain as well I also have this fibro along with a failed fusion (have had 3 lower back surgeries in 2 years) I have to have another 360 fusion in October so I deal with a massive amount of pain everyday sometimes it's all I can do to get out of bed but believe it or not I am working still. I have a son to care for and a husband. Most times I feel I am not doing any of them any good and I feel worthless most of the time but then I remember it's not on my strenght that I do things it's on his and I get through the rough days. There is a purpose in everything even our pain. Trust that he knows you are strong enough in him to get through this!

Praying for you,
Barb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2006, 02:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User

Hi LilBear,

I'm guessing your messy thyroid is contributing greatly to your pain. How long since you've had a thyroid antibody test run? Have you had an ultrasound of your thyroid recently? You had said you were likely going on Tapazole soon ... is that helping?

A thyroid running hyper, or too low, or even just "normal range & cranking out antibodies" -- can add uneccessary grief to fibro suffering.

Sorry to hear you are in such pain, but it's a spot of sunshine in your life that your brother is so helpful & supportive.

Best wishes.

Old 06-13-2006, 05:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User

Have you tried a pain management doctor that has physical therapy on site? It worked for me.

Old 06-13-2006, 07:51 PM   #5
(female)

lilbear1978 HB User

Hey thank you for all the replies and blessings...today is another horrible day...my body is aching really bad and my feet, and legs are so swollen...I have tried acupunture, physio, chiroprator, all different types of pain meds...including morphen and alternative meds...nothing has helped but going to see the doc tomorrow hopefully he can suggest something...thank you again

Old 06-14-2006, 01:52 PM   #6
(female)

galpster HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbear1978
Hey thank you for all the replies and blessings...today is another horrible day...my body is aching really bad and my feet, and legs are so swollen...I have tried acupunture, physio, chiroprator, all different types of pain meds...including morphen and alternative meds...nothing has helped but going to see the doc tomorrow hopefully he can suggest something...thank you again
I will pray you get some relief from the doctors. This road we walk on is not easy. I'm so sorry you are going through this! ((hugs))

Old 06-14-2006, 07:21 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

please be patient hon, i know thats the hardest thing to do, especially when a flareup is lasting MONTHS. One time a flareup mainly hitting my left arm lasted over a year, thats no lie. take warm lavendar baths, stress management, hypnosis tapes take your medication and ask for medication for breakthru pain and if thats NOT working continue at it till you find something that does work. it took over 3 yrs for me to find the right combination of meds and the right dosage, and yes like someone else said, check your thyroid as well, things havent been as bad for me as they were since i started on my thyroid med,, still bad at times, but i use my hypnosis tapes to help me thru those tough times hon.. prayer, faith in a higher being is so important and helps me alot as well

Old 06-14-2006, 10:36 PM   #8
(female)

lilbear1978 HB User

Well today I went to the dr...I am now on the fentanyl...it really makes your brain feel fuzzy...it hasn't relieved any of the pain yet but the doc said it could take up to 72 hours...I really hope it works...I will keep you all posted cuz supposidly this is suppose to help FM patients very much...THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT...PRAY FOR ME THAT THIS WILL SOME HOW WORK

Old 06-16-2006, 10:57 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

pixiepoodle HB User

Hi, I haven't posted in a long time (been busy on other websites), but I still check in and read these posts once in awhile. I have had Fibro for 10 yrs. and have worked full time in horrible pain.

Four years ago, I got my life back and my pain under control by going to a pain mgmt. dr. who implanted a pain pump in my stomach that connects to my spine by a catherer and pumps diludin into my spinal fluid 24/7. Since the meds don't go into your blood stream, you are left fully functional and alert.

I did have Fentanyl in my pump for 4 years, but recently switched meds because you do gradually build a tolerance up. The diludin works so much better than the Fentanyl and I haven't had to have the dosage turned up once since they put it in in Feb.

The pain relief from the pump is unbelievable, though not always 100%, but almost always tolerable. I could NEVER go back to only taking oral meds since they barely take the edge off the pain. There are quite a few people who regularly post on this board that have a pump too. Please check out the website for Medtronics, the pump mfg. I can't praise the pump highly enough.

I found the surgery easy - it was put in on a Fri. and I was back at work on Mon. To get one you do have to have a trial first to see what kind of pain relief you get. Every few mos., the pump has to be refilled with a needle thru your tummy (its fast and simple) Every 5-7 years, the battery to the pump dies and a new pump has to be installed.

I hope you really check into researching the pump because it is definitely a Godsend.

Closed Thread