It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2006, 12:15 PM   #1

tlacroix HB User
i think i have fibro..help plzzz

im 32 f, and for the past 2 years have had chronic pain, in my shoulders, my hips, my knees, my lower back, sometimes even my arms neck and my stomach muscles, i will have days of over all aching everywhere . and not even want to get out of bed, and have tought times sleeping, but then one day its not that bad, i mean i still ache in some areas but its not everywhere just my hips and neck area, i feel like crap all the time, if i sit down for longer than 15 mins and then try to get up my back pops you can actually hear it make a cracking sound and it aches everhere i can barley stand up straight, and my legs and hips hurt to when i get up, i have to toss and turn all night cause if i lay on one hip for two long it kills, i had blood work and everything looked good, i also had an xray and it looked good...anyone have any idea if this sounds like fibro, im also very tired and lazy all the time...sniff sniff

Old 06-21-2006, 05:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User
Re: i think i have fibro..help plzzz

Yes it does, but you need a dx from a doctor and a treatment plan. My main care comes from a pain mgmt doctor where i have myofascial release with massage, physical therapy, and injections into trigger points (I also have chronic myofascial pain, which many people with fibro have)

I also had a ct of the head to rule out MS as most of us do when diagnosed. A doctor should do a tender point exam and i had this done by a rheumatologist.

I suggest that you read "Fibromyalgia and Chronic Myofascial Pain, A survival manual" by Devin Starlanyl.

I hope that you feel better soon by seeking a treatment plan that will be successful for you.

By the way, we are all different in our symptoms. Fatigue and the pain that you describe though are very common in people with fibro.

donna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2006, 06:31 AM   #3

tlacroix HB User

thanks Donna, I am not sure if im sending a reply right or not but I hope you get this, I was also wandering if face pain can come with fibro, because my face is very tender in the bones of my face that is, kinda strange didnt know if this was from fibro too...thanks

Old 06-22-2006, 04:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User

My face doesn't hurt, but it could be from fibro.

Closed Thread