It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2006, 06:42 AM   #1
(female)

NancyJones HB User
Where is YOUR pain located?

I keep reading so many things about different places for pain. Is most of your pain in your tender point areas or elsewhere?

Mine is mostly in my hands, thumb/fingers and lower arms, sometimes upper arm also. Feels like nerve pain, not muscular. I can also feel the tender point pain in my buttocks but it doesn't really cause much discomfort.

I also have pain right at the bottom of my sternum, I think at the bottom of my esophagus which radiates through to my back. I also feel what I think are spasms in my esophagus up through my throat. Not overly painful, just worrisome.

But I don't have the shoulder/back/neck pain that most of you talk about. I also don't have any of the fatigue.

Just curious where all of you suffer the most? Thanks for your input!

Nancy

Old 06-21-2006, 09:20 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User
Re: Where is YOUR pain located?

To be completely honost, I hurt everywhere. The worst of it all though IS in my back, neck, and shoulders. Those places are absolutely HORRIBLE sometimes.

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis
Solar Urticaria (but not officially yet)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2006, 02:26 PM   #3
(female)

galpster HB User

I hurt everywhere. I don't have any one area where i hurt the most and it changes from day to day. One day or week it can be my legs or knees that hurt terribly or it can be my arms or it can be both. My whole body always seems to have a fair amount of soreness to it on all levels. My back hurts horribly but that is due to a failed fusion and hardware displacement :-( Like I said my whole body hurts....

Old 06-21-2006, 06:35 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User

Hi! I hurt everywhere too. Not so much the exact tender points though. Mine radiates so much that it is hard to explain. My hands, fingers, feet, shin bones, forearms, my hip and lower back is soooo bad. Then muscle spams everhwere. Numbness. The works.
Hope this helps
Deena

Old 06-22-2006, 04:19 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User

My butt hurts the most. It is from chronic myofascial pain and i get relief with massage (i know) and trigger point injections. I also wear a lift in my right foot which brings my pelvic bones to even.
My tenderpoints hurt on my clavical area during flares, mostly when the weather changes.

I hurt all over when i first get up but then it subsides within a short time.

Right now my shoulders hurt and are swollen, i think this is aggravated by sittting.

I also have patches of burning skin that come and go.

It seems that the air conditioning and stress has made everything worse.

Old 06-22-2006, 11:53 AM   #6
(female)

reff HB User

I get the worst of it in my hands, neck, back, hips, around the ribcage and at the back of my head. The back of my head is definitely the worst because the pain from the pressure of my head even against a pillow, means I take forever to get to sleep at night!

Old 06-25-2006, 09:49 PM   #7
(female)

buddy100 HB User

Funny this subject came up...I was going to ask the same question. Reading the replies, I see we are all differnt.
My pain...let's see...upper back and across shoulders, arms upper and lower, hands, chest and ribs, upper and lower legs, and joints...especially shoulder and hips and knees. I think the only place I don't hurt really bad are my feet...but they do give me trouble. I told my husband that I feel like someone has beat my whole body with a bat...and that always hurts. But then I feel as those I was a Christmas tree with lights that lite up...on and off. Meaning that certain spots on my body seem to flare-up over and above the normal pain. With the BIG flare-ups..my arthritis kicks in first real bad and then the true PAIN sets in. I have heard people say their flare-ups last only a few days. Mine lasts for 5 or 6 months. WOW. I even moan in my sleep. I think I will never get rid of the pain in my upper back and shoulder joints. Arms feel like they are out of the sockets. Should I go on?
I don't even share this with my husband, 'cause I know he wouldn't know what I'm talking about. You must live it to understand it.
Hope I made sense. Please let me know if any of you go thru this also.

Good Luck and Good Health

Old 06-26-2006, 08:40 AM   #8
(female)

meeeeelee HB User
Talking Re: Where is YOUR pain located?

Hello everyone, I was diagnosed a month ago after years of wondering why I felt the way I did. My pain is mostly muscular I think....its the neck, shoulder, upper back that hurts the most. But I also have pain everywhere else too, my hands, my legs, you know. Good luck with getting a diagnosis.

Old 06-28-2006, 01:08 AM   #9
(female)

cjsmommy HB User

I hurt the most in the neck, upper back and between the shoulders on a daily basis. A few times a week I hurt just above my hips..and when that hurts it is bad..I usually have a tough time doing anything. I also get a lot of knee joint pain and shooting pains up from the shins to my knees. I deal with a lot migraines and sinusitis as well. My fatigue is probably more of a problem than pain as the pain is now to a point that its manageable with the meds and excercise. Anxiety is my other big thing. I've basically resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to feel tired and I'm going to have some pain and I just do what I need to most days. Some days are better than others but the more I dwell on it the worse it is.

Old 06-28-2006, 08:26 PM   #10
(female)

LadyGwen HB User

I've been diagnosed for over a year now.
My pain is mostly in my back(left lower), ribs, chest (crushing sharp chest pain), up my shoulders and neck and headaches. My headaches feel like my temples to the back of my ears are swollen. I also get tingling in my head in tiny spots. I have anxiety attacks, which are never fun. I also have chronic sinus pain but very little to no congestion.
I am pretty good most days but when I get a flare up it lasts for days.

Old 06-29-2006, 04:03 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User

i have had fibro for 35 yrs now. i agree with everyone else here! some days everything hurts, some days only certain areas. all in all there is always daily pain somewhere!

Old 06-29-2006, 12:34 PM   #12
(female)

buddy100 HB User

bevann26: Amen to that. People just keep saying, "But you sound so good!... and, "But you look so good!". I'm SURE we have all heard that. I don't talk much about the pain anymore with friends, I just get the feeling they think I'm exagerating. AND they don't want to hear it anyway. Althought, God has been good to me in giving me some real good friends. I don't have to tell them I hurt, they know it and seem to want to take care of it for me. I tell them I will be fine.....but they do their thing anyway. I DO appreciate them. I feel that this thing is just between the Lord and me....AND that someday He will heal us from Fibro. We just have to wait upon the Lord.

Good Luck and Stay Healty

Old 06-30-2006, 05:33 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

Butch0926 HB User

When I wake up I am so stiff everything hurts. The worst is my lower back. I can't bend at all for a few hours. I also feel pain in my shoulders, upper arms and thighs. I think that's where the tender points are. I have no pain (so far) in my feet or hands.

After breakfast I take 50 mg. of diclofenac and within an hour most of my pain is gone - but not in my lower back. I think that comes from a herniated disk. A doctor diagnosed me with degenerative disk disease and arthritis in my back two years ago.

It's hard not to blame all our pain on fibromyalgia. But lots of mine comes from arthritis in my joints and disk problems in my back.

Nancy

Old 07-03-2006, 01:52 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

aleenia HB User

i have not been diagnosed with fibromyalgia yet, but my pains are as followed:

- joints in hands, including wrist
- elbow
- upper and lower back,with a throbbing pain in the upper back
- neck
- hips
- buttocks
- knees
- feet

other symptoms are:
- dizziness
- fatigue
- depression
- insomnia
- flu-like symptoms (on and off)
- muscle twitches
- audible clicks in joints

Last edited by aleenia; 07-03-2006 at 01:52 PM.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:54 PM   #15
(female)

lilbear1978 HB User

I have pain everywhere...and when i say every where i mean everywhere...Head, neck, shoulders, collar bones, ribs, hips, back, knees, ankles, toes, elbows, wrist and fingers...I am now on the Fentynal patch...very weird but helps sometimes there is still in between pain but not much else the doc can give me...going to the emg lab on the 20th to see if the wrist is the FM or if it is carpal tunnel and have exploritory surgeory on my knees in the fall to see if it is cartilage damage or if it is just the FM...GOODLUCK...

"Life deals us all sorts of ups and downs...we must live with them or we will just drive ourselves nuts wondering why"

BIG HUGS BUT NOT TO TIGHT CUZ I KNOW IT HURTS

Closed Thread