It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2006, 08:29 AM   #1
(female)

nmamommy HB User
Need help/advice

Hi all,
My Fibro keeps getting worse. The doc is running out of ideas. I cannot work outside the house and am currently a stay at home of my 3 kids a daughter who is 9 and sons who are 7 and 4. Their father and I are divorced and it has become painfully obvious that I have way overextended my asks for help from my family and friends. Their dad does help, but he has made it obvious that too much more, and he will try and get custody from me. Of course they are all out of work for the summer and there is no money for camp or anything. I need help with them, almost full time at this point, or I won't make it. I don't know what to do?? Any suggestions?
Maria

Old 06-28-2006, 10:56 AM   #2
(female)

kidd123 HB User
Re: Need help/advice

Dear Maria, Hang in there! The stress oftentimes makes the pain & fatigue worse, so if you can take charge of eating healthy & reducing stress--even in small ways, you might find that you can do more with the children. Have you called any nearby churches? Many have Vacation Bible School during the summer, where the children do crafts, sing & play with other children.
Even a week of allowing your children to attend could give you a week of rest. Also, the churches are often the first ones people call when troubles overwhelm them & so someone there can refer you to free community services that you might not realize are available. For instance, in our community there is an organization called CAPTAIN Youth & Family Services that provides many different services for families in trouble in our town. Community, Action, for Parents, Teens, & Interested Neighbors is run by volunteers to help with social, educational and prevention programs for youth & teens. Maybe there is some group nearby that you can contact about info for getting your kids some help/attention & give you a break. I urge you to call as many churches as you can & ask for assistance. So many people are out there willing to help, you just have to seek them out. Hope you feel better soon. Hug the kids!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread