It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2006, 10:59 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User
Another Disturbing Symptom?????

Hi all. I woke up this morning and fell back on my 4 year old. Then was so dizzy I had to hold the walls down the hall to get him what he needed. Then I thought I must just be super tired so I laid back down. Even turning over in bed I felt dizzy.
I got up and made my six year old breakfast and sat on the couch. When we were done I slowly got up and stumbled back down. I immediately made an appt with gp Monday pm. As I am afraid to drive like this. And won't have a sitter until then.
Is this a symptom of fibro that I haven't had yet? It is much worse than the high sugar type of dizziness. This is falling down dizzy.
Or could it be some sort of ear infection or something. I mean I feel ok. No head cold. My 6 yr old has a head cold.
Just scared to death. Thought I woke up with ms today.
Please help!!!!
Deena

Old 07-23-2006, 06:32 PM   #2
(female)

Granniluvs8 HB User
Re: Another Disturbing Symptom?????

Deena,

I just noticed that this is an older post. Did you ever get to the doctor. I was going to suggest that it might be "vertigo" which sometimes just come and stays for awhile a few days or a week and sometimes loner. Sometimes it can be caused by a virus and goes away by itself, whenever it feels like it. I know thers who have had it on and on for a longer period.

Then there is Meniere's disease ( or syndrome) which has this same symptoms but is more chronic and lasts longer. They just give you a medicine - "antivert" but you can't drive or anything and have to be very careful.

Let me know if you went to the doc and how you feel now. My husband had it for about a week or so years ago.

Blessings,

Marilyn (granniluvs8)

I do feel light headed often but then it is probably the meds I take. However, I am not fall down dizzy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2006, 01:19 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User

Hi Granni! Yes, that was a few weeks back. No one replied so I figured nit fibro realted. Doc said probably inner ear but didn't even look in my ears?????? He doesn't believe any thing I have wrong is fibro realted. I want to ask him then what are fibro symptoms??? He doesn't believe thta spasms, twitching, pain, loss of words, balance, nothing is from the fibro. I am surprised he even dx me!!!!!
Next week I go to Nuero to rule out ms
How are you doing?????
Deena

Old 07-26-2006, 06:16 PM   #4
(female)

Granniluvs8 HB User

HI MOMOFBOYZ,

Thanks for asking. I am doing fair I guess and am busy going to the Physical Therapist and am doing some more therapy on some of the machines (with weights) which will also help my osteoporosis I guess. It sure feels good I get the heat and also the massaging and working out tje knots in my shoulders and neck especially. Talking gen. Klonopin and Flexeril at night which has been helping to sleep wel. So at least that is a plus.

Yes, you are right some of the docs have no idea about FM and even some Rheumy's have little knowledge of it or do not want to be bothered with it. I had to do some searching to find one in my area. You have to call and talk to the office first if the doc dxes or works with patients with FM. That save yourself alot of time and money. I went to a Neuro years ago and there was nothing wrong there and when I went to the rheumy I brought all my recent labs especially , arthritis, thyroid and neuro if you have any handy and make copies to bring to the rheumy. That and a good history ( how long you have had it and the symptoms ,etc,) should help with a dx if you get a good Rheumy who actually works with FM/CMPS patients.

Keep me informed. I also supposed luy had a normal thyroid but I didn't and I am not on thyroid meds which probably is a little helpful but I still have enought symptoms.

Blessings,

Granniluvs8 (Marilyn)

Old 07-28-2006, 08:25 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Deena, I have had that same dizziness. The kind where you have to hold onto something to walk. It is not the same as the buzzing kind of dizzy that comes and goes real quick and you grab something thinking you are going to loose your balance.

This is a real staggering no balance dizzy where you have to hold onto the walls and funiture and think you aren't going to make it from point A to point B. I don't have it very often and it doesn't last long sometimes a few hours. I have never had it checked out, I just put it off as fibro and figure if it would be more often I would check with my doc.

Hope all your tests come out OK.

Glojer

Old 08-11-2006, 03:16 PM   #6
(female)

tweiler HB User

I just realized after reading this board and looking up vertigo that I have been dealing with it for a while. But I have a trigger for mine and I was having spells long before I started any meds for the fibro. When I get up high I get vertigo. I was on my neighbor's porch (2nd floor) a couple of days ago and my daughter called me. When I looked over the railing I felt like I was going to pass out. I had the same reaction a few days earlier when I was out walking with my daughter and we went over a bridge. A few years ago my husband drove us over a huge bridge into Maryland and I was literally crying and would not look out the window because the sensation was freaking me out so bad. At that time I chalked it up to an experience as a small kid where we saw an accident on a huge bridge going to Florida and a car was hanging out over the water. But when I was growing up this wasn't a problem, its not a fear thing. I used to climb trees as a kid and it wasn't uncommon for me to spend the whole day in a tree during summer, well over 50 feet up. But now outdoors even on the 2nd floor I get dizzy and feel I will pass out. Indoors at a local mall I tried the elevator one day to see if it was different. It was a glas elevator and I still got the vertigo. But in an enclosed elevator I'm mostly fine, just a little dizzy but it's very slight.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:01 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Tweiler, I know exactly what you are talking about. I get the same dizzy, feel like I will pass out feeling when I look over something high up. I did fall off a second floor porch when I was about 9 or 10 and I have always attributed it to that. I like you could climb trees and be on top of buildings and the like until I reached about 13yrs. old and I slowly started to get that dizzy high up thing. Have never had a problem going over bridges though. I also can't do a staircase that is totally open over another staircase. It is a visual thing. We spent 15yrs in a house and I never once saw the attic cause the stairs for it pulled down over the basement stairs and I could not climb up the attic stairs because of that dizzy falling feeling.

Closed Thread