It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2006, 12:26 AM   #1
(female)

mooaa HB User
Unhappy How About Fibro Starting From Facial Muscles Tmj

HI FOR ALL,YES I HAVE IT IN MY FACE IN THE MUSCLES BUT MY TMJ JOINTS ARE IN NORMAL POSITION AND I HAVE BIG HERIIANTION AT C6-7 SO WHAT IS THIS I DID EVERYTHING IN MY TMJ AREA PLUS MY NECK YES EVERYTHING I KNOW FROM SPLINTS TO PROLOTHERAPY TO CHIR ,PT ,LASER THERAPY,TIRGEER POINT INJECTION AND I AM STILL SUFFRING ACTULLY MORE BECUSE MY NECK GETTING AWAFUL PLUS THE SHOULDERS AND THE LEFT ARM AND PLUS MY FIBRO PAIN
WHAT I AM DOING NOW HIDDING UNDER THE QUILT IN THE SUMMER BECAUSE THE AIR CONDITIONING HURTS ME EVERYWHERE AND I DO CRYING FROM THE FIRST MINUTE I SEE THE SUN COMING TILL THE SLEEP TIME AGAIN MY HUSBAND AND I AFRAID I WILL LOSE MY MIND BECAUSE I AM REPEATING THOSE WORDS TMJ AND FIBRO TMJ AND FIBRO .........NO NO NO...GO AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY NOT ME PLEASE
OH GOD AT LEAST I DO NOT WANT ALL AT THE SAME TIME THIS TMJ PART IS AWFULL THEY SAY IT CHRONIC AND 75% FROM THE FM PATIENTS HAVE BUT I DO NOT SEE ANY BODY MENTION IT A LOT SO IT IS JUST FEW AND MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! I AM SO SCARED
ANY HAVE IDEA HOW OR WHEN IT CAN GO INTO A REMISSION?
SORRY I AM VERRRRRRRY DEPRESSED I KNOW !!!!!
ANYBODYHAVE THEM BOTH FIBRO+TMJ? HOPE I CAN HAVE SOME HELP HERE
THANKS HOP U ALL THE GOOD HEALTHY LIFE.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:44 AM   #2
(female)

mooaa HB User
Re: How About Fibro Starting From Facial Muscles Tmj

no body ,so it is just me who have tmj from fibro
so why they say 75% who fibro have also jaw pain!!!!!!!!
thanks anyway

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2006, 04:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User

Hi Mooaa,

I get jaw & tmj pain from my fibro, too. My dentist has examined, the TM joint is normal. One reason why I personally don't make a big deal about my jaw pain is that the other pain, other parts of the body, for me, is much much more painful & interferes more with my ability to do stuff. However, everyone is different, and it sounds like for you the jaw pain is number one.

It sounds like you have tried an number of therapies but haven't yet found one that really helps. I would encourage you to keep on learning about fibro, keep reading. Keep networking with other fibro sufferers in your community to find doctors who are helping them.

You say you are very depressed. Have you ever tried antidepressant meds on the recommendation of your doctor? Some people with fibro are helped very much with those meds, but not all.

I myself take EPA concentrate fish oil, and have noticed that it helps the TMJ type pain quite a bit. It's great for the joint-type pain, and it's also helpful for depression. But, it can't be used by people with bleeding or clotting issues, or anyone who is on blood-thinning medication.

When you say the AC hurts you, I think of two things. Is it the cold air from the AC? Does cold air otherwise bother you? Like digging around in your freezer? If you are intolerant to cold, and it causes your fibro to flare, it's possible you have a thyroid problem, which can contribute to fibro symptoms.
On the other hand, sometimes ACs spew toxic mold spores, and those can cause symptoms just like fibro.

What happens when you go outside for a walk, now in summertime? Don't let your fear of pain hold you back. I often find I feel slightly better when I go for a walk.

Focusing & fixating on the pain is a sure way to make it worse. Distraction won't cure you, but it will make your life more fun, and even ... less painful. Anxiety about chronic pain can increase the hurting.

Practice calmness & you will feel in control of your pain, rather than being a slave to it.

I like to recommend the book, From Fatigued to Fantastic, by Jacob Teitelbaum, MD, to everyone I meet who is struggling with fibro. This book is filled with 400 pages of thoughtful commentary on conventional medical, alternative med, and self-help techniques for fibro. Finding out that there were so many treatment options with potential to help fibro gave me a lot of hope.

Best wishes.

Old 07-14-2006, 10:30 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User

I have fibro, tmj and more. You are definitely not alone!!!
~Mim

Closed Thread