It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2006, 10:51 AM   #1
(female)

AirForceMom2 HB User
Sorry but I need some understanding today

Wah, wah, wah,. I hate Fibro!!!! Yesterday I had a slightly busy and my right arm was hurting by the end of it. I get spasms in my ligaments if I continue to move the joint that is hurting. Like a good girl I sat on a Fri night in a sling and took a muscle relaxer and expected to be good as new this morning. Worked last time. NO NO NO. Not this time. I work up and could barely get out of bed (at 5:30am coz I couldn't sleep). It hurts to wiggle my toes or close my eyes tight. Everything in between hurts as well. It is a beautiful weekend here, perfect weather, off work, anxious to work in my yard and house........but it is not to be.

I am the optimist. I am the lady that people turned to for cheering up. I own a pub and I listen to other people's problems and help them look for solutions. But this Fibro is scaring me. I am starting to feel depressed. I am fighting it with all my mite but wow can it ever bum me out. I have done nothing bring this flare on. It just sneaks up on ya and can knock you down like it has me this time. I AM SICK OF IT!!!

Thank you for listening. I'm gonna go take a (slow) walk in my yard and enjoy the 75 degrees and sunshine and hope it helps. Thanks again, I appreciate the understanding here.

Old 07-09-2006, 05:54 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Sorry but I need some understanding today

hi airmom,
welcome to our little family. welcome.
fibro cannot be a battle you wage against yourself. it is an acceptance and incorporation into current life. adaptation and listening to your body. evolution of self.
flares simply happen. don't look for a why. there isn't one. not yet anyway.
i have been doing this for years. the fear does go away. depression tho is something you must speak with your doc about.
you are not who you were yesterday. no one is. we all age and change. we fibromightykids just do it faster.
i promise you can find your peace with this. drink plenty of fresh water, do some gentle deep breathing, take a warm bath and give youself a break. that garden will still be there next weekend. it's not going anywhere. remember, if you are not gentle with yourself, who will be? you are your bodies best friend. how would you treat a sick friend? gift that love and compassion to yourself sister.
again welcome. you will meet such kind and caring people here. i have been here for almost 2 years. seen alot of people come and go. yet the core of us oldies hangs on, waiting to help our new little sisters and brothers.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2006, 11:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User
Re: Sorry but I need some understanding today

I agree with BLL, it really is your body telling you to tuck in and take it easy when that happens. I know how frustrating it can be to be active and working and then WHAM our body seems to turn against us. It amazes me how I can look out at a beautiful day from my window and be unable to go pick the tomatoes, or weed eat around my bushes or even walk outside to cut flowers for the house. It is ok to give in and rest for healing. Sleep (or just rest), water, and taking medications as needed to control the pain are what we all have to do. Many folks get creative on how to occupy the mind and time to not become so overwhelmed by it all. Read back on some of the older posts and you will see what I mean. You are not alone, and it will eventually ease up. Everyday I wonder if it will be a good one, not so good, or a stay in the bed and keep the head tucked under covers....lol. A good sense of humor helps to deal with this as we only have some many tears we can shed. Hang in there, and allow others to listen to your problems since you have spent years doing that for others.
~Mim

Closed Thread