It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2006, 09:27 PM   #1
(female)

JLYN HB User
Thumbs up Salonpas Patches! OMG!

I just wanted to post and tell everyone that today I discoverd "salonpas patches" for pain relieft. I was kinda bummed because my neuro put me on this drug called 'nortripyline' which gave me MUCHO dry mouth, the 'stumbles', and VERY VERY IBS! I was so bummed thinking I was going to just have to live with my pain....

Then earlier I was reading both this board & the MS board. One of the gals mentioned the Salonpas patches! OMG! They work. I am sitting in my living room right now with my laptop feeling this incredible heat penetrate my skin and SOOOO relieving the pain!!! Here I thought I was doomed, and I am not...I can so do these at bed time with a tylenol PM and hopefully (prayfully) I will get some gooooooood sleep!

I just had to share!
Now if only my hands and wrist's felt better..?? Oh well...I victory is a BEAUTIFUL thing!

Luv&Hugs!
JLyn

Old 07-08-2006, 11:08 PM   #2
(female)

lu55 HB User
Re: Salonpas Patches! OMG!

Thanks so much for the info on the patches. Did you use the Hot Capsicum or regular w/ menthol and camphor?

I tried menthol and camphor patches last week and didn't like them. I'm tempted to try the capsicum because I like heat for the pain.

Thanks,

Lu

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2006, 11:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

i absolutely LOVE salonpas patches, i got my mom and brother hooked on them lol. they really DO help the pain ALOT. i have boxes of them always in my house. theyre absolutely a need to have thing.

Old 07-09-2006, 09:37 PM   #4
(female)

spiritofsal HB User
Talking Re: Salonpas Patches! OMG!

Are these patches over-the-counter? And if so, what store did you buy them at? Sounds like something I would love to try if finances permit.

Sal

Old 07-09-2006, 10:10 PM   #5
(female)

JLYN HB User

Sal,

Yes they are over the counter. I bought them @ my local grocery store. While I was shopping I remembered reading about them....so checked out the healthcare section, under pain relievers...and there they were!

$1.99 for 4 patches.
I wore 2 last night and took 1 Tylenol P.M. and was raring to go this morning...felt so good! Hadn't felt that good for SO long. Not cured mind you, but 'bendable'

Tonight I have another 1 on and just took my Tylenol. Hoping for another restful sleep, especially since tomorrow is the beginning of my work week.
I could use a good jump start...

BTW...I stopped taking the Nortripyline. EGADS! that stuff was awful...I think it induced 'brain fog'....talk about groggy! Some of these drugs for pain are terrible...

I hope you find them! AND I hope they work as well for you as they do for me!
*crossing fingers*

Hugs!
JLyn

Old 07-09-2006, 10:36 PM   #6
(female)

spiritofsal HB User
Smile Re: Salonpas Patches! OMG!

Hey, thanks for replying so quickly. I haven't heard of them, but I'll look to see if we carry them.

As far as your Nortripyline, I had taken that too for a very short time. Talk about being a zombie, lol. I do take two different pain medications on a regular basis though or I wouldn't be able to function - darvocet & vicoden. I also have muscle relaxers as well, but don't take those that often.

Sal

Old 07-14-2006, 04:03 PM   #7
(female)

Jennio HB User

I couldn't find them at my grocery store, so I did a search for them on Google, and there they were. You can buy them online! Just wondering, do you guys prefer capsicum or the regular? Maybe I should just get both to try, they are so inexspensive.

Thanks!

Old 07-14-2006, 09:02 PM   #8
(female)

spiritofsal HB User
Smile Re: Salonpas Patches! OMG!

I was at Walgreens this past week picking up my prescriptions. So I thought what better place to start looking for those Salonpas patches, lol. And guess what? I found them! It's weird, the pharmacy carries so many things, but I am always so focused on things that I normally buy that I don't pay much attention to other stuff on the shelves.

Even though I have had these for almost a week now, I haven't tried them yet, lol. But I do plan on trying them within the next couple of days. If I remember I will post and let you all know how they work. They are just for temporary relief of pain, but I'm sure they will work okay like in between pain medication doseages. It's been so hectic this week and this weekend will be as well. So that is the reason I haven't tried them yet. Usually when I try a new medication I don't want anything else going on in case if I have a reaction or something.

You commented in your post if we prefer capsium or regular? I'm not sure what that means so I can't answer that one.

And thanks again for the suggestion, I cannot wait to try them!

Sal

Old 07-15-2006, 12:36 PM   #9
(female)

Jennio HB User

Hi, all! I just thought I'd let you know, if you like Salonpas, you can buy them at discount prices on Amazon. And you can get them in packs of up to 120 patches, if you like.

Closed Thread