It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2006, 06:13 PM   #1
(female)

Michelle4 HB User
Lenght of Flare Ups

I am curious to know how long everyones flare ups last. I am going through my second one. My first one lasted about 6 months. I am 5 months into this one. I have been pretty positive, but its wearing off.. My husband has been great, but I know he gets frustrated when I have to change plans because I'm too tired. He comes home everday, cooks dinner, cleans and does yard work, I feel guilty...so i'm just wondering how long this will last. I know we cant predict it, just going crazy right now sitting at home...I need to find some hobbies!

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2006, 09:39 PM   #2
(female)

cjsmommy HB User
Re: Lenght of Flare Ups

Its been almost 2 years since my diagnosis and initially the flareups would last a long time...several weeks at a time. Now my flare ups are anywhere from 2 days to 10 days. The longer flare ups tend to happen around my period and when I have too much stress or have overdone it. My husband is fabulous about helping as well..I don't know what I'd do without him.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2006, 12:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User

For me personally, my flare ups have ranged from 6 months, to 3 days, and pick a time length in between. I live in SC so the heat helps, but the humidity can really bother me if I am in a flare. Used to love the sun and surf, but now am picky about when I will go out due to this. I also find that the less sleep or rest I get, the worse and longer my flare ups are. Still struggling to work with CPAP, but my mouth guard for the TMJ causes my mouth to come open and the cycle begins again....gee whiz. ANYWAY, I hope you find some relief, it is hard for those that can't feel our pain to truly understand it.
~Mim

Old 07-10-2006, 06:28 PM   #4
(female)

Michelle4 HB User

Thanks for you comments. Im glad I found this board, it was getting to frustrating having no one to talk to about it, hard to explain, hard to get friends and family to understand so I gave up. I can relate to the stress and sleep making it worse. I am still trying to figure out what my triggers are. Do you guys know yours? I am in the sun a lot and use a tanning bed, do you think that could be a trigger? I know what not do do during a flare up that makes it worse, but never know what causes it..is that the million dollar question?..what causes a flare up?...

Michelle

Old 07-10-2006, 08:53 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User

Hi Michelle, sometimes it helps to keep a journal/diary of your day for about a month to see if you find any patterns such as through foods, stresses, environments, exposure to cold/heat, etc....Not only might this help pin point triggers for flares, but what seems to calm them. I know that is a big chore to keep track of your life on paper for a while but it might be beneficial. I still cannot pinpoint all my triggers, but I think it is neuro/chemical and sometimes it just goes off the charts. Anyway, hang in there!
~Mim

Closed Thread