It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2006, 08:03 PM   #1
(female)

Chef Elizabeth HB User
Stumbling through the day

Does anyone know what the stumbling, wobbling, falling, running into things has to do with Fibro??? I'm going to in up in traction if it gets any worse.

Old 07-09-2006, 08:25 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User
Re: Stumbling through the day

I have no idea, but that is how I get most of my bumps and bruises! And it's, like, all the freakin time!

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis
Solar Urticaria (but not officially yet)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2006, 02:57 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Thats a good question liz, I have that sometimes but not all the time. I just put it off to the fibro and whatever it is doing to my body at the time.

Old 07-11-2006, 05:43 AM   #4
(female)

AirForceMom2 HB User

Hi Elizabeth. I do experience the same thing. It happened just two weeks ago twice on the same day. It is strange. I don't really feel dizzy like with vertigo ( I have fought that as well) I just loose my balance and have to sit down right away to avoid falling. Last time I fell against my house and it HURT! I mean I know I'm a dizzy broad : ) but this is ridiculous.

Old 07-11-2006, 07:50 AM   #5
(female)

Chef Elizabeth HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirForceMom2
Hi Elizabeth. I do experience the same thing. It happened just two weeks ago twice on the same day. It is strange. I don't really feel dizzy like with vertigo ( I have fought that as well) I just loose my balance and have to sit down right away to avoid falling. Last time I fell against my house and it HURT! I mean I know I'm a dizzy broad : ) but this is ridiculous.
Your right, it's not like vertigo at all....just toodeling along then boom, either fall, or bump into what's there, stumble over some unknown object, it's crazy. I have never been clumsy in my life, sure-footed as a mountain goat, but now I can trip over a grain of sand on the ground.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:39 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

I fell into a box of gumballs.twice.I have no steadiness whatsoever, which is why I spend a lot of time in bed.

Old 08-14-2010, 06:19 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

I am so tired of this I am at the point where it is affecting my driving. Pretty soon I won't be driving at all and that will make me nuts, its bad enough feeling like this at 50 and thankfully I have a houseful of pets that keep me happy and busy...I just want to be able to walk normal again..

Old 08-15-2010, 02:36 PM   #8
(female)

bthree HB User

I am the queen of clumsy. I am so relieved to find out that it is a FMS symptom, because my husband and I have just been chalking it up to not being careful. It has gotten worse in the past 6 months, since I belive my FMS started.

Old 08-15-2010, 04:04 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

I know what you mean! I can't be positive of this, but there may be something going on deep in the brain since fibrofog is such an awful reality for people with FMS.

Be careful!
Kirstee

Old 08-16-2010, 10:44 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Johna HB User

tooolgrl how is fibro affecting your driving? I will be driving in one lane and the next thing I know I have moved in another lane without remembering when I changed lanes.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:16 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pretty soon I am going to have to stop driving. I do the same thing, I drive down one way streets and end up places I did not intend to go. Its beginning to be a challenge. the stumbling is also a huge issue. Much worse in the morning I cannot walk normally at all anymore. good luck hun.

Sandra

Old 08-19-2010, 02:28 AM   #12
(female)

wondering kay HB User

I am never overly steady footed. I actually fell down steps about five years ago and broke both ankles after an exhausting weekend. That was before my diagnioses of fibro. Now of course I try to be extremly careful but, if I do to much I start the almost falling again, landing on the wall, walking in to things, I think its exhaustion setting in and my bodys telling me enough ( I also have the chronic fatigue). The only issue I've had with driving is becoming to tired. It that something you've had from the start or is that something else to look forward to ? kay

Old 08-20-2010, 07:33 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hugs to you Kay. MY driving issues have come on recently with the mentation problems. My eyes were so bad I had to go get new glasses, my vision change was very weird but my eye doctor was very familiar with fibro and other autoimmune symptoms that can affect the eyes. I have horrible trouble with the keyboard and seem to forgotten where letters are. I cannot drive as I have a tendency to drift into other lanes and not know it. I only hope this flare goes away as I am tired of living the dream..

lots of love

Sandra

Closed Thread