It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2006, 11:47 PM   #1
(female)

lilbear1978 HB User
Question Magnesium Deficency?

Hello have posted here many of times. I was at the hospital for 3 days due to high blood pressure and they did blood work and found that I have a magnesium deficency. I talked to my doc bout it and he said many patients with FM have magnesium deficencies...was wondering if anybody else did. (srry bout spelling...lol)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2006, 12:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User
Re: Magnesium Deficency?

Magnesium sufficiency is extremely impt in fibro management, even for folks who do not have outright measurable deficiency. Many folks, including myself, swear by magnesium. Did your doc recommend a magnesium supplement? It is possible that mag may help both your BP & your fibro.

One scenario where caution is advised in using magnesium, is for folks who suffer from both chronic fatigue w/adrenal insufficiency, as well as fibro symptoms. In that scenario, care must be taken that extra magnesium does not aggravate a LOW bp -- usually a matter for those folks, of balancing sodium intake (as in increasing) with magnesium.

Please let us know if you try some form of mag, and if it is in any way helpful for you.

Best wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2006, 08:02 PM   #3
(female)

Chef Elizabeth HB User
Re: Magnesium Deficency?

My doctor also put me on Magnesium, Co-enzyme 10 and told me to increase my salt intake.

Closed Thread